• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian's Range Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
We currently have him at tens of meters, but the Terrarian's weapons can reach much further. In fact, there's no limit for those gun-based projectiles, unlike arrows and objects the player throws which are affected by gravity.

Meteor Shot are a type of bullet that bounce of surfaces and can be used to detect Sky Islands in the game. Said islands tend to be hundreds of meters high but the bullets can be reflected if they hit them and get back to the floor. This very same effect happens with the Water Bolt which is a magic that fires a water beam that also bounces off surfaces.

To further support this point, you can destroy grass and fungus with projectiles even if they are out of the player's view if aimed correctly. This is seen when you find dropped fungus or bugs walking on the grass, while the latters spawn when you destroy a bit of grass with any weapon.

So overall, any projectile that works in a straight line (like some magics and most if not all bullets) should have an update to Hundreds of Meters.

This seems pretty straight forward. Though it seems strange to use shooting grass and reflecting a bullet to the sky islands as examples rather than just shooting straight at the sky islands and at enemies across the map. (also some of the Terrarian's early game weapons summon things from space so it is consistent).

I've never played PvP so I couldn't know that.

But yeah, he can reach the space and hit other players across the map.

Hundreds or Thousand of Kilometers?

I need to look for something real quick (it relates to atmosphere layers). I'm currently leaning on hundreds of kilometers but I'll need to find the information again, so I'll be back.

The link I was looking for doesn't work anymore and it was based off the flying islands not the space biome anyways, so I would stick with hundreds of kilometers just to be safe.

Bump. Also I just noticed the Terrarian's range wasn't allows that low. I guess someone changed it in the revision to high 8-C though I don't know why they did that (but I maybe misremembering the Terrarian's range).

The map on the higher setting is only around 5 KM long

Also the in-game Space Biome is not that far above the surface, so I am not sure it can really give hundreds of kilometers of range

Feet mostly refers to the amount of steps that each block consists of. Otherwise the Terrarian would be 2 feet tall (0.6m) and that's a clear problem.

Blocks are 2 feet squared in size, which i told us by the dept meter, and the Terrarian is 3 blocks tall, so he's 1.8 meters

The size of Terraria being that small is contradicted by the nearly all the backgrounds in the game. Many of them show multiple mountain ranges and villages off in the distance. Tons of games have this problem, unless you want to run across Terraria for 69 hours like in Daggerfall, or take 20 minutes to get to the space biome. Because if we're going off the map size the planet of Terraria is either super tiny or gigantic because its atmosphere would end only a mile or two above sea level.

Use common sense and consider the distance between surface and outer space as we have IRL?

Uh sure

Though if we do that we would have to upgrade the Terrarian's speed to Massively Hypersonic too for being able to quickly fly to space

I could live with that. Considering we're upgrading the range based on Real life estimations, speed should be affected as well.

Funny thing is I've been want to upgrade Terraria's speed for a while now. I was going to argue that the meteorite staff should be legit. Yeah it's magic, but it is made from an actual regular meteorite, and that meteorite and everything else from space in Terraria has magical properties. Also DnD's meteorites are considered legit and those are magically summoned around the user's shoulders.

I didn't suspect the range talk was going to effect the speed (granted the bee mount can fly to space in a few seconds and the Terrarian can parry bullets from point blank range but neither of those were calculated yet (the parrying comes from the brand of the inferno)).

I just want to say if Terraria's speed does get upgraded it just adds even more reasons for kinetic energy to not be used for the bosses ap (there are already a multiple reasons not to use kinetic, but if they start scaling to the Terrarian then they wouldn't have a speed feat for a kinetic energy calculation)

Keeweed said:
I just want to say if Terraria's speed does get upgraded it just adds even more reasons for kinetic energy to not be used for the bosses ap (there are already a multiple reasons not to use kinetic, but if they start scaling to the Terrarian then they wouldn't have a speed feat for a kinetic energy calculation)
just compare bosses speed to the Bee Mount and wing speed

ez

That's calc stacking. Granted some of the boss can also follow you to space in a similar time frame, but that's not the only reason I think Kinetic energy shouldn't be used. The explosives which were calculated at 8-C+ instantly one shot the Terrarian while our kinetic energy pages says ap feats override kinetic energy feats. The bosses can also take damage from a single stick of dynamite while the 2 by two foot box of dynamite literally does zero damage, making the bosses tanking the bigger explosives a gameplay mechanic. Also regular 9-A things like rocket launchers and tanks are mid-end game weapons and bosses. Finally the Terrarian has a ton of 9-A feats from post EoC to Golem, from freezing people solid (9-A), to demolishing pirate ships and the mechanical bosses, along with stopping the piercing energy of a sniper bullet (usually 9-A) vs a 8-C+ feat that instantly kills him with zero chance of survival. I personally think the Terrarian should be 9-A from the Eater of Worlds up to Golem. The EoC and King Slime are both hurt by grenades and guns, while the bombs in Terraria (9-A) destroy corrupted blocks that are stronger than the EoC and King Slime. The Eater of Worlds also has a 9-A feat since digging up man sized areas is 9-A and a 9-A weapon (the bombs) do decent damage against it and material comparable to it.

Also sorry for the super long post, but if we are upgrading the speed we have to deal with the ap as well due to it being based off kinetic energy.

Uh, i guess it would be calc stacking, but like you said we could probably get the speed from the bosses themself

Explosives are survivible with full HP, life force potion and a good level of defense, though the Terrarian can be consider a glass canon since he can dish out way more than he can take.

Bosses are damaged by Explosives last time i checked, but it's just 500 demage and doesn't one-shot even King Slime

Also, the block is just 3 sticks of dynamite, which i am pretty sure would also yeld 8-C results individually

Oh and the explosion is likely higher, as only stone was used in the calc when there's the Martian Cunduit Plates, which as being at least as strong as steel would yeld a much higher result.

Rockets IV causes a lot more destruction than what a regular rocker launcher shot does

Santank is only sligtly similar to a tank, but both it's weapons and structure are completly different, he's more of a giant robot with threadmills

Said freezing also creates an ice formation around the player and works even if he has an armor made of molten metal, also it's done by simple regular enemies.

He doesn't even demolish the pirate ship, the Terrarian destroyes it's cannons and then it explodes for some reason, which would be only 9-B

I'ld like to remind you those are 2 feet long granades and that the Eater of Worlds casually digs through corrupted blocks [which is canon since that's where you are supposed to fight it]

I tried blowing Skeletron up with over 100 explosives and I did zero damage. Maybe my game just decided no to that (my computer is glitchy as hell). The Terrarian surviving with that much health is what I meant by only end game Terrarian surviving. The guide says how many life crystals you need per boss and those bosses as natural spawn when you meet those requirements. The EoC spawns every night if you get 200 health and Iron or above armor.

As for your other points those are fine. Though I feel like the 8-C results you would get from those feats would override the kinetic energy calcs. If they don't then the bosses should probably scale back to the meteorite staff since it's made from the actual regular meteorite in Terraria and that meteorite and everything else from space in Terraria has magically properties.

Just tested it against EoC and Destroyer, and both were damaged by the Explosive

also for EoC to spawn an armor of 10 is required, with Iron only giving 9

IDK if KE feats are threated like that tbh

"When not to use Kinetic Energy:

There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation. The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack." ~ kinetic energy feats page

The explosives that are 8-C+ and the dynamite would also give 8-C results so both of those would take priority.

I don't know why the explosives did nothing in my game, but I have noticed I am super unlucky when it comes to bugs and glitches.

The point when it comes to the armor rating and health is that the Terrarian's durability has a plenty linear progression. With life crystals carrying through beginning game then armor carries you through mid game, then the life fruits take over, then finally armor takes over. When you rely on the heart crystals and life fruits the explosives one shot you.

However since bosses can survive it and dart/boulder traps instantly kill you at the beginning game while you can survive grenades. I guess the explosives one shorting the Terrarian is an outlier. It still contradicts the kinetic energy, but at least the Terrarian gets to keep his 8-C+ key and probably his high 8-C key due to massive upscaling and the explosives may be recalculated.

Ok, so utilizing the area of the older calc of 948910000 cc, let's see what we get

For a low-ball, let's assume the Martian Cunduit Platings are comparable to steel

Frag for steel is 208 j/cc

948910000*208= 1,9737328*10^11 Joules, 8-B

Assuming Titatinum as a high-end since the martian army is an highly advanced one and we ourself irl use Titanium for spacecrafts.

Frag for Titanium is 550 J/cc

948910000*550= 5,219005^10^11 Joules, 8-A

I should point out titanium is an actual item in Terraria and it is immune to the explosives. Though that's only in the ore version the ingot titanium apparently can still be blown up.

Bump (also sorry Calaca for derailing the thread; I could move the ap discussion to Overlords wall and I feel bad for not doing that earlier)

There was this one time I had an AFK setup for solar eclipses a few hundred meters away from my house. The house was right at the center of the world over a forest biome, and the tundra was to the left. A few times when the (solar eclipse) day was over and night began, I would get out of the setup to kill the last few enemies with my Terra Blade, and sometimes when I teleported back home with my ice mirror, I would soon see some Terra Blade projectiles hitting the left side of the house. They apparently traveled that entire distance across the tundra biome, and I was surprised when I first experienced it, I had no idea projectiles could travel that far in Terraria.

Bump. I feel like this can be applied (the range upgrade, not the speed or ap), but I could also get video of how far the bullets go if it is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back