• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian vs Skull Knight

That doesn’t include the crimson being invincible to the post the Eye of Cthulhu Terrarian, and I’m not sure if Skeletron would necessarily stomp queen bee, they definitely stomp the player post Brain of Cthulhu since the old man possessed by skeletron says it would take a group of six people comparable to the Terrarian (at that time) to stand a chance against Skeletron.

By the way Eye of Cthulhu and above are 8-A not 8-B like that list says, and that is prehardmode.

I feel like post Hardmode Terrarian would be a much better match for Skull Knight since this is when they gain their movability options. Like combat applicable teleportation and flight.

The ap chain for post hardmode probably doesn’t matter since I believe even with the pre Hardmode one the Terrarian ap stomps.

I’m not sure if it would be better to use very last post hardmode or earlier. The Terrarian has teleportation and infinite flight throughout all of Hardmode.

Though since this is post Hardmode I maybe able to argue a better case for the Terrarian. One thing I want to get out of the way, the Terrarian’s summons can’t be hit by people that can hit souls, literally curses, and intangible beings, would Skull Knight be able to hit them anyways? Also the Terrarian can summon them literally on top of the opponent (like the summon hits the opponent upon spawning). He probably won’t go for summons instantly since he’s an rpg character and thus his weapons are random, but he is entirely based off movability and will definitely try to teleport and fly out of the way of Skull Knight’s spatial slash. Though the Terrarian dies to his teleportation if he spams it too many times in a row (it isn’t random they know when it could kill them so they can take a risk and teleport if they need too). The Terrarian has fought someone with Danmaku that can instantly kill them, but Skull Knights attack is very wide.

I think comes down to whether the Terrarian summons something right on top of Skull Knight for a quick ap stomp or if Skull Knight’s ridiculous AoE overwhelms the Terrarian. Neither can properly dodge each other’s attacks (Skull Knight may dodge the summons if he is lucky, but a few of them have AoE of a couple meters, while the Terrarian most likely can’t properly fly out of the way of Skull Knight’s attacks, but could teleport half a dozen times before dying).

the Terrarian’s summons can’t be hit by people that can hit souls, literally curses, and intangible beings, would Skull Knight be able to hit them anyways?

Spatial Manipulation, so yeah I guess.

Ok so Skull Knight doesn’t have to worry about being continuously chased by beings that can one shot him. Though I wasn’t thinking about how the Terrarian usually summons his creatures literally on top of single opponents. How good is Skull Knight at dodging? I haven’t gotten to his parts of berserk yet (started reading it right before exams started). I’m assuming he is really good, but the Terrarian actually has plenty of homing weapons in Hardmode (granted depending on which part of Hardmode some home in much better than others).

Should point out the summoner class has more of a reason to be used than any other class because summoners have an entire event dedicated to them while none of the other classes have canon uses, so the chances the Terrarian goes for teleporting something onto Skull Knight is kinda high.

Last edited:
From what I remember he's not bad at dodging, he can easily keep up with Zodd and is superior to Guts in skill as far as I can tell.

Skull Knight also has instant teleport, and he can BFR the summons away

When I say the summons spawn on the opponent I mean they already hit the opponent while spawning on them.

The reason I didn’t bring that up before was because the Terrarian’s prehardmode summons suck (the only ones that are decent in pre Hardmode rely on ranged attacks and can’t instantly hit the opponent, in Hademode the Terrarian can summon a sapient dagger into your chest and this dagger has limited durability negation)

Then would't they instantly one shot Skull Knight?
They probably would if the Terrarian instantly started with them, but it isn’t a 100% chance. They a more likely to start with summons since that’s the only class that has canon use, but if they start with anything else or Skull Knight plays it very safe with his own teleportation he likely wins.

Depends on the scenario. The summons can hit you while they spawn (when they are summoned they spawn instantly) so if the Terrarian spawns them on Skull Knight he gets hit. Skull Knight can dodge before the summoning starts happening (the summons are summoned by a staff swing, but they spawn at the very beginning of the swing, the Terrarian just can’t resummon them somewhere else until he finishes the full staff swing which takes less than a second).

You can technically try and scale the summons to that of DD2 summons which are entirely thought-based (Terraria typically uses frame lag to balance gameplay, furthermore, weapons from DD2 opperate different in Terraria for this reason, so this is a reasonable assumption)

Terraria doesn’t use DD2’s system of summoning, so I don’t think the summons should be thought based. It takes less than half a second to summon them when they actually start to do it, so Skull Knight would need to be quick on his teleportation, but it’s not instant (the summoning is a single frame when it starts but the Terrarian need to begin the staff swing) nor is there 100% chance the Terrarian would open with summons. So Skull Knight has win conditions. But the Terrarian has plenty of chances to hit Skull Knight since he can teleport out of the way of Skull Knights attacks as well and both of their attacks are very difficult to dodge consistently.

Terraria doesn’t use DD2’s system of summoning, so I don’t think the summons should be thought based.

Ignoring gameplay, since that obviously can't be changed in either game, they use the same source of power for their summons (Or have at one point), and share the same weapons. That's where I was going with "Technically".

It takes less than half a second to summon them when they actually start to do it, so Skull Knight would need to be quick on his teleportation, but it’s not instant (the summoning is a single frame when it starts but the Terrarian need to begin the staff swing) nor is there 100% chance the Terrarian would open with summons.

Comparing both's starting move, it seems Terrarian's comes out quicker. I guess it really does just come down to if Skull Knight can dodge it after noticing the summon (Gonna assume either a spider or blade). How does Skull's cosmic awareness work in this scenario?

Terraria is entirely based off gameplay. The lore for the game was slapped onto it later and is just terrible in general (like the Golem is a defense mechanism for a temple: despite needing the invader to active it and it being at the very back of the temple). So there isn’t anything in lore that would make the summons thought based. In DD2 they are thought based, but the Terrarian doesn’t showcase this.

I completely forgot Skulk Knight has cosmic awareness, I think it is combat applicable. If it isn’t this nothing changed, if it is that is actually a game changer.

Cosmic Awareness is usually such a worthless power, but if it is combat applicable here Skull Knight will know to teleport right in the Terrarian face and spatial slash him immediately.

So it's based off this scan. I'll leave it up to y'all to decide if it negates Terrarian's wincon.

If not, I'll vote Terrarian simply due to lock on + nigh-instant summoning on Skull Knight.

If it does, then Skull FRA

His Cosmic Awareness acts like precognition/extrasensory perception, as he has a look on causality and knows what will happen in the future usually

I feel like there are less confusing scans of the cosmic awareness. I’ll wait to vote for now. I’ll either wait until someone knowledgeable explains the cosmic awareness, or I’ll get to that part in the manga soon since I’m currently reading it.

His Cosmic Awareness acts like precognition/extrasensory perception, as he has a look on causality and knows what will happen in the future usually
This comment makes my last comment irrelevant. If it acts like precognition then he’ll teleport right next to the Terrarian and spatial slash immediately. The Terrarian’s teleportation requires a staff swing (just like the summoning it only needs to start swinging), so Skull Knight’s attack should be faster.

Voting Skull Knight then.

Actually, how is Skull Knight's cosmic awareness used? Like does he have a thought process into causality mid-combat? Or does he have to go out of his way to use CA?

There is no explicit statement, but there are some feats. I'll quote UchihaSlayer

Well, here he predicted that the Eclipse would happen in one year's time, though iirc it happens during set intervals, so I guess he could've just known about that. He's also somehow aware of Guts' birth conditions. Though it's interesting that he knew Guts would be there, considering he had left the band by then. He knew a lot of details beyond the date basically.

He somehow knew Rickert was being attacked, and saved him.

He also conveniently let Rosine and the Count live when he saved Rickert, and they both ended up helping Guts' development.

Here he mentions again that his actions "lie within causality's current", which implies that he knew this would happen.

He knew about the Incarnation Ceremony, and arrived at the perfect time to tell Guts to save Casca because the ceremony can't be stopped, as it's been preordained by fate.

He saved Luca as well, for some reason, which means she'll probably be very important in the future.

He appeared at the right time before Flora's death to give Guts enough time to use the Berserker Armor, and he did that by holding off Zodd.

I don't think it's explicitly stated, but it's heavily implied I'd say. Literally every single one of his appearances is just beyond convenient.

Still doesn't get the answer I was looking for. I'm wondering if it's a case like Garnet who actively sees the future, or if it's a case like Sans who just has the knowledge at hand, or smth else. If Skull Knight can see into causality before Terrarian moves his arm, then I'll vote SK

I guess I’ll change my vote to inconclusive since both can super easily one shot each other and it’s unknown if Skull Knight would know to just teleport for a point blank spatial slash first thing or not.

Voting incon (Though I think Terrarian has a greater likelihood of winning assuming Skull's precog can't be pulled off in time or effectively in this scenario). If Skull's precog allowed him to predict offensive/incoming attacks (And in time), then he defo wins.

Last edited:
Back