• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel knight CRT part 3 downgrades and relics

also, what characters would have the pocket dungeon relics tabber? could i ask you to make a list?

Don't be afraid to ask me for calcs if needed, I'm always willing to help for this verse

Better not be talking about the King Knight profile bruh we gonna fight over that

If we are putting revision in place for the Knights, can we consider upgrading their lifting strength as well? A long while back, A calculation was made that put King Knight and Mr. Hat (And thus like, every other character) at Class K, which was approved based on the comments.

Calc in question.

Better not be talking about the King Knight profile bruh we gonna fight over that
Nah, that one's pretty good. Could use a couple links to show stuff but it's pretty well made. Mostly referring to stuff like Specter Knight/Reize not being split into keys like they should be, or Baz being 8-B/High 7-C when everyone else was 8-B/7-C.
If we are putting revision in place for the Knights, can we consider upgrading their lifting strength as well? A long while back, A calculation was made that put King Knight and Mr. Hat (And thus like, every other character) at Class K, which was approved based on the comments.

Calc in question.
Yeah, that seems reasonable, good addition.

No one scales in LS here to my knowledge
Why wouldn’t the rest of the knight's scale to this though?

We've already seen that Knights can physically fight against each other in the Campaigns, as well as in Showdown. I can see an argument for not scaling characters who are demonstrated to be physically weak, like Plague Knight, but there's no reason not to scale the rest.

On top of this, the feat itself was also performed by a group of Propeller Rats, enemies that are pretty much fodder to the rest of the cast.

Generally fighting against each other isn't exact evidence of LS scaling yeah. Maybe Showdown has some mechanic that might help?

Oh, I didn't realize being physically comparable in AP didn't translate to LS scaling. Outside of being able to push back and knock away people with parry's, I don't think Showdown has anything in that regard.

I'm fine with it just being added to King Knights and Mr. Hat's profile if that's the case.

Hang on the resurrection should just be healing death in shovel knight seems to be more similar to being beaten unconscious.

I think that's just game mechanics either way, but I would interpret it as death

Well they would already have type four from certain armor acknowledging deaths and and grandma swamp

Oh yeah, Grandma Swamp. I forgot if she actually calls it death or not though
I also remember that (IIRC) on the official YCG Discord the devs mentioning something about trying to avoid using the word death and leaving it to interpretation

I also remember that (IIRC) on the official YCG Discord the devs mentioning something about trying to avoid using the word death and leaving it to interpretation
Found it
d0oDl0e.jpg

The last sentence is referring to the devs new game so ignore that

Meh, they avoid the word but death is pretty clearly happening considering Specter Knight's whole deal

Back