• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel knight CRT part 3 downgrades and relics

Also, like, generally put the explanations in the P&A too, like Flight (Nimbus Balloon allows the user to hover)

You should also add those facebook links
They don’t exist for all of them to my knowledge five are missing, and no new information is really provided the descriptions are good.
Also, like, generally put the explanations in the P&A too, like Flight (Nimbus Balloon allows the user to hover)
that makes it way too big it would be like putting the notable attack explanations in powers and abilities section.

They don’t exist for all of them to my knowledge five are missing, and no new information is really provided the descriptions are good.
Yeah but they actually show the power meanwhile with no links you might as well have made it up for all someone with no knowledge of SK knows.
that makes it way too big it would be like putting the notable attack explanations in powers and abilities section.
fine but at the very least explain damage transferal and creation.

I mean, better to source 90% of the material than source 0% of it

probably just link them to the text in the NA&T section

I know I'm being kind of a pain and this is looking overall good, but the link to "Creation" doesn't work, and generally you should still explain the abilities, something like (Chains allow [character]'s attacks to transfer between nearby enemies of the same color)

You're fine it is just I am using a tablet that doesn't understand how back space button works it should be fixed but if the problem is with the gem meter link you have to scroll down quite a bit but it is there. I don't as I don't have an imagur account or know how to put images on site so that is best I can currently do I just hope shovel knight dig convinces someone with a better understanding of fandom to review the profiles.

Ah that's understandable, I can edit the sandbox and apply the stuff myself if you want

Do whatever you think is needed and yeah it is probably best if you apply it sorry for the inconvenience that may cause.

Anyway, could I ask you to recap the arguments for the downgrade? Then I can tag some more supporters, since rn we only have 3 agreements, though 2 are staff

Here are the arguments for the downgrade:
First Shield knight did survive but it is unknown how, her distance from the force that destroyed the tower, how much the giant shield she has protected her.

Second the tower wasn't completely blown up it collapsed the explosion destroyed an unknown amount of the tower causing the rest to collapse.

Third how it happened. Alright currently we have the Remnant of Fate listed as half responsible which is false. The idea seems to come from the fact the tower starts to collapse after the enchantress is defeated and the Remnant of Fate forms but let’s look at the dialogue:
Treasure Knight versus Plague Knight:
"Treasure Knight: What's the matter, Plague Knight, alchemy business slowing down? Here to make some coin? Or are the Order's coffers running dry? Can't you just synthesize all the fool's gold you want?"

"Plague Knight: Ha! Good guess! But no, it's something far more important than mere gold."

"Treasure Knight: !!!
More important than gold? Now you're just being ridiculous. Get out of here you bottom-feeder!"

"Plague Knight: Ooooooooh, your Essence is showing, hee? ?hee? ?hee! I hope you don't mind if I help myself!"

Mona and plague knight after treasure knight:
"Mona: You look like you lost a fight with a pond!"

"Plague Knight: Ocean, actually. Had to go liberate the Essence of avarice. Nice place he's got down there."

"Mona: I never understood what he saw in gold. You can just make it from sawdust and mouse skulls...."

"Plague Knight: Some people do things the hard way! Hee! Let's do some work!"

Tinker Knight versus Plague Knight:
"Tinker Knight: Oh, look, it's Plague Knight! I heard you might show up! Why have you come here?"

"Plague Knight: Ah, the esteemed inventor! I do so respect your craft, hee hee... Relinquish your Essence and you won't be harmed."

"Tinker Knight: What? I don't think so, bird mask. You have your own brain, use it or lose it!"

Propeller Knight versus Plague Knight:
"Plague Knight: They let airheads have airships? Hee hee, ha ha ha! Come down here, I need to borrow something!"

"Propeller Knight: How pedestrian! I was expecting the grand entrance! Substance over style, always with you scientists. So, I heard the most delicious rumor - you envy my suave, daring nature, do you? Get in line!"

"Plague Knight: Haha, don't flatter yourself, flyboy! Your essence is the teensiest part of my plan!"

"Propeller Knight: My essence can't be taken from me! But if you ask nicely, I'd consider giving you flying lessons! Of course, my pernicious pupil...
I'll have to charge!"

Plague Knight versus the Enchantress:
"The Enchantress: Plague Knight. Ah, so your fool's errand draws to a close."

"Plague Knight: Hee hee, you know what I'm after, Enchantress... and how important this is."

"The Enchantress: Do not speak to me of importance. Your quest is folly! You'll never be anything more than you are."

"Plague Knight: ..."

"The Enchantress: So, you've come to rob me of my Essence? To shape the world to your whim? Essence is insignificant to me, but you, my servant, must be reminded of your place."

"Plague Knight: My place is by Mona's side, and you won't stop me."

"The Enchantress: If you insist on dancing with death...
Then I shall take the lead!"

Okay these quotes will be used to help fully explain the concept here.

Treasure Knight vs Plague Knight:
When Plague Knight refers to something more valuable than gold Treasure Knight gets mad and Plague Knight claims his essence is showing and while the person who decided to help with applying the last CRT they explained it as Enhanced Senses it's more likely he is responding to Treasure Knight's greed showing, gold is highly valuable in Treasure Knight's eyes Plague Knight's comment that something is more valuable angered him.

Mona and plague knight after treasure knight:
Effective Plague Knight calls it the Essence of avarice, avarice is extreme greed for wealth or material gain.

Tinker Knight vs Plague Knight:
Tinker Knight responded to Plague Knight's request to surrender his essence by telling him to use his own brain you see both of them are geniuses it would make sense both their essences would be similar.

Propeller Knight vs Plague Knight:
Propeller Knight mocks Plague Knight by referring to his desire to take his essence by saying he wants his suave, daring nature.

Plague Knight vs The Enchantress:
This one is the least important for the mind argument but shows essences aren't relevant to physical stats.

Let's go a bit farther the ultimate potion is described able to reshape the world to the whim of the person who drinks it, making them all powerful it is likely above the essences individual power and remember they are mental aspects.

So inclusion no one scales to the destruction of the tower.

It's revealed in the first free DLC that an explosion at least contributed, if not did all of the destruction, currently the way it's scaled to the cast is that that potion is created by collecting the essences from the order, so it divides the result by the amount of essences that went into the potion + 1 for the enchantress.

There's also other issues with the feat, such as the fact that it was done overtime, and that collapsing a tower =/= fragmenting all of it, you just need to take out enough load-bearing structures and it would all come down.
also this ig

@DarkDragonMedeus, @JustSomeWeirdo, @Arrogant_Schmuck

Yes, I'm fine with a downgrade, but I still question what they're being downgraded to again?

If I recall 9-A
Kinda.
We have this 9-A+ calc that puts them really close to 8-C, and there's also the fact that Shovel Knight and characters comparable to him can tank being hit by natural lightning mid-air in Baz's fight. So I think 8-C would be a more fitting tier to downgrade them to.

Yeah. Though I do find 8-C a little questionable given that the game doesn't treat being struck by lightning in midair as any different from being struck while grounded, and Baz is actually swinging from a rope when he gets struck by lightning, which would act as a conduit to the ground, assuming those platforms aren't floating

I've made some edits to your sandbox, do they look fine? Apologies if anything I've changed was gone over already, it's been a while

Back