• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terraria: Pervasive Speed and AP Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so more things on this "space" biome, it has 1. reduced gravity (by quite a bit) and 2. the sky turns black up here.

So it's not in the troposphere or anything like that.

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
Alright, so more things on this "space" biome, it has 1. reduced gravity (by quite a bit) and 2. the sky turns black up here.
So it's not in the troposphere or anything like that.
also in the space biome the sun is white, indicating that space biome is intended to be in a higher portion of the atmosphere

I haven't forgotten this. I'll have time for it in a couple days, but right now I'm pretty loaded down.

As a note, for Tier 7 Slime, Keeweed pointed this out.

The original calc for King Slime assumed that the Slime was made out of water, even though the gel the Slime is made from is very flammable.

Not a bad idea. For a high end, the density of Jelly might be applicable, which is about 1350 kg/m^3

Mr. Bambu said:
Not a bad idea. For a high end, the density of Jelly might be applicable, which is about 1350 kg/m^3
It's not jelly, though. It is a coagulated flammable substance that has to be less dense than water, since slimes default to floating on water. That density is more than 30% more dense than water and wouldn't work.

@Assalt Not exactly, that would depend upon surface tension- since the king goes into water forcefully and it pushes him back up, it seems like there is a force actively pushing him upwards, and IIRC, that's along the same lines that surface tension works. Jelly seems acceptable as well due to the fact that gel is stated to taste rather good (minor supporting but whatever) and the fact that slimes appear to maintain a general amorphous shape. Once again, not to bring up very minor and relatively unimportant points, but its sticky, as is Jelly.

I'm not saying it's more likely to be jelly, it probably is roughly the same chance for both in my eyes (but then again I could just be stupid and not understanding the situation), but I do see a case for jelly.

I didn't even think about the crown but yes, yes he does.

@RR

If you do, make sure to first get their speed via comparison to the meteor staff's meteors.

I thought we concluded it would be safer to use normal Meteor speed instead of an unprovable value many orders of magnitude higher than what is known.

Assaltwaffle said:
I thought we concluded it would be safer to use normal Meteor speed instead of an unprovable value many orders of magnitude higher than what is known.
To add onto this, it was concluded to be about 11,000 to 17,000 M/S using what is listed on this page here.

By extension, we can use 11,000 - 72,000 M/s for the meteor velocity if we calculate another speed feat that can enter that range (I.E, a boss reaches the top of the map [which we will assume to be the top of the stratosphere] in a singular second).

For now, I think it is best that we use either 11,000 or 17,000 M/S for this kind of stuff, given that it serves a good lowball and that there is a probability that most of the either calculations where we find the velocity of an entity reaching the top of the map (Or from there to the ground, like fallen stars and whatnot) would take several seconds, most likely ending up in the 8,000 M/S range at minimum.

Likewise, the meteor's speed is 11-72 KM/S (11,000 - 72,000 M/S), they most likely work identically to the meteors that usually spawn after breaking a shadow orb by falling from the sky and landing somewhere on the map that can range from locations at the top of the map at most (Which very likely implies it comes from outside of the stratosphere, meaning that the two aforementioned velocities should be usable if we apply that logic to the meteor staff).

@RR Uh... you need to compare the speed to the meteor? You just have one equation with numbers and unless I'm misunderstanding our number was being downgraded from Tier 7, not upgraded to Tier 6.

Yeah RR didn't properly show the work. Just two random lines that have no proof of movement from a prior image.

Then he upgraded their speed from a value that wasn't agreed on.

That calc is a crazy abuse of unagreed upon assumptions and bad scaling.

I think 17k-11k m/s is fair assumption, all things considered. I'm not in agreement with tons of things on this thread, but that, at least, seems fair. Current speeds are pretty... not great.

I will after I get done with finals. Tuesday afternoon I am done and I can do some calcs.

I would but uh... I just really don't wanna do a calc rn. At all.

Well, I'll try to help a bit.

Heat Ray fires a beam of what is apparently heat energy. I doubt it can scale, since it is WAY too quick. Maybe supporting SoL/FTL dodging speeds with Black Belt or full Titanium Armor.

Rainbow Gun literally shoots rainbows. Those can be scaled, since while quick, they aren't really that fast. I can see the Terrarian dodging the beams just fine.

Magnet Sphere shoots really quick beams. Considering the name, they may be of magnetic nature, but it is really doubtful and, again, would only support Black Belt/Titanium Armor dodging since it is way too quick.

Lunar Flare shoots down energy beams. The thing is... They apparently came from the moon or at least from something related to it, like moonlight. Dunno, but take a gander at it. This may be a stretch.

Last Prism and Charged Blaster Cannon both apparently shoot lasers or at least really fast energy beams.

@Elim

Looking at these:

1. Heat Ray's beam is instant. It has zero travel time and reaches the max distance in 1 frame.

2. The Rainbow Gun is an outlier. All the other super-fast speed projectiles (light/lightning) are instant, and the Rainbow Gun is the one that isn't like the others.

3. Magnet Sphere's electric arcs are instant. The sphere itself moves slowly, but the actually electric bolt that hits the enemy has zero travel time and hits the target in 1 frame.

4. Lunar Flare is... completely magical. There is no such thing as a "lunar flare" and it is obvious this shouldn't be lightspeed or anything close to it. Also, it would be an outlier even if it was SoL since it, along with the Rainbow Gun, don't function the way the other light/lightning depictions do.

5. The Last Prism is true light, and it is instant. The beams fire out across the screen in 1 frame. This is honestly the biggest piece of evidence that light is supposed to be instant (or appearing to be) in Terraria. The Last Prism, while magical in nature, directly curves and bends light as a prism, just like real life (without the weaponizing the light part).

6. Charged Blast Cannon is just an energy blaster and is not real light or electricity, just energy.

I completed the King Slime calculatio. Varies from 8-A to 7-C. I am personally in line with the Low-Low option (giving 8-A), but that is just me.

My mass is far higher than Saikou's original blog since I used his horizontal diameter; I feel like it is still fair though.

I'm okay with pretty much any of them, we should leave it as "At least 8-A, possibly 7-C". Good basis for the low-tier bosses of the verse.

@Assaltwaffle is think we should use the low-high tackle calc, as i said before, King Slime sincs in water, this means that he's heavier than water like jelly

@Over

I can get behind that. Maybe it just has flammable properties from another substance in the gel.

Large Planet still assumes it isn't hyperbole. If we accept the fragments' tooltips as being legit, we jump to 3-A since the solar fragment has the "fury of the universe."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back