• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terraria: Pervasive Speed and AP Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the new tiers are:

9-B for Wooden Equipment Terrarian

8-A+ (921.606 Tons of TNT) for King Slime, most other pre-hardmode bosses and Early-Pre-Hardmode Terrarian

7-C (35.5 Kilotons of TNT) for Wall of Flesh and every Hardmode boss (that isn't God tier) and Late-Pre-Hardmode Terrarian and Hardmode Terrarian

5-C for the God Tier Bosses and End-Game Terrarian

Does anybody have something to say about them ?

Oh right, that one. That calc is incorrect, since it assumes the WoF moves at the same speed as the meteor, which it doesn't.

@Assalt

Indeed, I just posted these because they seemed like supportive for Black Belt/Titanium Armor insta-dodge.

Obviously I disagree with WoF stuff, but eh, not willing to argue that anymore. He'll forever be 6-C in my heart (and on paper somewhere else)

Kep gave a new value for the speed so now both values are Low 7-C.

So that means Low tier bosses and Terrarian are "Low 7-C," Mid tier bosses and Terrarian are "at least Low 7-C," High tier bosses and Terrarian are "at least Low 7-C," and God tier bosses and Terrarian are "5-C."

Does anyone have a problem with these proposed tiers?

My comment didn't go through for some reason; the WoF is slower than the King Slime and has comparable mass to my high end. It won't be significantly higher, if higher at all.

@Assalt you have clearly not fought the Expert WoF in a long time

when WoF gets below 500 hit point he become so fast that he outspeeds the lightning boots (34 MPH vs 50 MPH)

I just fought him. His speed is impressive, but the startup speed of King Slime's attack is faster. If King Slime moved at his initial jump speed all the time, he would be insanely fast.

Assaltwaffle said:
My comment didn't go through for some reason; the WoF is slower than the King Slime and has comparable mass to my high end. It won't be significantly higher, if higher at all.
the wall of flesh is massively bigger than the king slime, how are their weight even close ?

um, in your calc the King Slime is 272,497.5 Kilograms

Zany calced the Wall of Flesh to be 2,453,558.1 Kilograms

it's over 10 times the weight

Oops. I didn't see the first 2. Yeah that may put it into 7-C. I'll need to calc it against the Meteor Staff.

I'll do the calc either tonight or tomorrow; I've had a lot of work in the past couple of days.

He did say tomorrow lol, chill.

Well I jumped the gun. Doing it will take a bit of time and I have work for several days in a row.

I'll try to get to it today or tomorrow but I am off Wednesday so it will be done then for sure (sure for pushing the timetable back; my boss increased my hours since I got out of college).

Yep. I'm doing this in a couple hours; I'm trying to get everything I need in Terraria to calc this.

^ Can you calc the Terrarian's kinetic energy without Hermès boot so we can have a new beginning game tier? (Or does a kinetic energy calc not count if it's the player)

Assaltwaffle said:
Unless he is attacking with speed that is a bit dubious.
Then I hate to say this, but I think the Saltborn needs to be downgraded. (But the Terrarian can attack with the Cthulhu shield (but it's small town level for scaling with EoC)

Edwardtruong2006 said:
I mean, you could do the speed of the Terrarian swinging his pickaxe or sword.
The setup needed to use the Meteor Staff, follow it until the item lagg ends, draw the sword, stop below the Meteor, and swing the sword before the Meteor hits the ground is far more than I am willing to do. You can request that, but I'm just not going through that much setup and preparation just to get the reference images for a calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back