• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensura Light Novel Revision : Bring Back High-Godly Regeneration of Rimuru LN

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, Rimuru was stated by Raphel to be able to regenerate despite being hit by a Meltslash attack.
—That even if I didn’t use “Gluttonous King Beelzebub” to cancel the attack, I wouldn’t be killed even when hit by “Melt Slash” head on?
<<Answer. Of course not. Speculate to consume massive amount of magicule, however, the physical body can be instantly revived through “Endless Regeneration”.>> (Volume 7)
Basically, Melt Slash is Disintegration fused with sword technique
She casts “Disintegration”. This power begins to gather on the empty left hand of Hinata, giving off a bright shine.

The sparkling particles intertwine to create a fantasy-like scenery.

Then Hinata imbues that light onto the body of her Moonlight Rapier.

—Her left hand slowly caresses the body of her sword.

The preparation is done.

She has infused her strongest magic with her sword art.

This is the technique that shall slash through all things in the world.

“Come now, have you made your resolve?”

“Bring it on!”

“Then take this—Melt Slash!”

Hinata finishes her words and turns into a beam of light, quickly approaching Rimuru. (Volume 7)
Disintegration destroys the physical body and soul without a trace.
“Let me provide you a prayer to the divine. I hope and desire for the power of the holy spirits. Listen to my appeal and overcome all in your way! Disintegration!!”

The request, delivered in Hinata’s beautiful voice, was granted. The resulting show of force was literally divine, enough to crush all physical and spiritual presences within its defined space. It was the ultimate in targeted, destructive magic, emitting flashes of white light as it poured from Hinata’s hands to the circle. It sped out at thousands of miles per hour, almost at light speed, as its holy power made cells and souls vanish without a trace. It was more than enough to make the Glutton disappear, not affecting the space around it at all. (Volume 5)
Second, Information Particle (Or in the official translation it is called Data Particle) is a Fundamental Aspect in Tensura. This is because everything in the world contains Information Particles, this means Information Particles are what make up everything.
An ‘information particle’ was a substance smaller than even ‘spirit particle,’ and was close to having no mass at all. All matter in the world had to contain ‘information particles.’ (Volume 11)
Not just a physical matter, Soul which is a metaphysical thing is a collection of Information Particles (or in the official translation called Data Particles).
Whether it belongs to a human being or a monster, all souls have a set quality and quantity. It is composed of matter known as data particles, and through managing and applying certain forces to them, it’s possible to control life and death to some extent.
The souls of plants and animals house only a very tiny amount of energy. Human souls, meanwhile, have tons and tons. We’ve already confirmed that a certain amount is given to everyone equally, and the ability to fully hardness that soul energy leads to the manifestation of soul powers—or what we call special skills. This data, engraved in your soul since birth, is the source of those powers.
So is the data written directly onto this energy? Not exactly. First, there’s the ego, a set of amorphous wavelengths within the soul, and the group of data particles that surrounds it. This is known as the heart, and that’s where all the data is stored. The crystallized energy that covers this heart is what we call the soul. (Official Translation of volume 13)
Mind are also information
Assuming that the mind and spirit are also information, it’s not impossible. (Volume 19)
In fact, abstract things like skills are made of information.
Skill Bank…information (data) of acquired skills is instantly reproduced. (Volume 16)
And Rimuru sacrificed Beelzebuth to restrain Melt Slash. Which is where Beelzebuth disappeared after that. That means Melt Slash is capable of destroying Information Particles.
<<Report. Attack can be counteracted by sacrificing Ultimate Skill “Gluttonous King Beelzebub”, suggest adapting said strategy.>>
Even at this point, Wisdom King Raphael-sama is still reliable.
But honestly, it will be a huge loss to sacrifice “Gluttonous King Beelzebub”, but right now I can only follow this instruction. Since it is the solution suggested by Raphael that has the highest rate of success, I should not have any hesitation. (Volume 7)
That means, Rimuru is able to regenerate after the complete destruction of his physical body, soul, and Information which should be HGR.

Last edited:
IIRC First Witch had something to say about disintegration or whatever skill that erases everything including the information of skill in the old downgrade thread which I want answer from.
if Endless regeneration remained and wasn't completely erased then how can we assume all information about rimuru is erased which is what qualifies for high godly regeneration if he came back from complete erasure of mind soul and information?

IIRC First Witch had something to say about disintegration or whatever skill that erases everything including the information of skill in the old downgrade thread which I want answer from.
if Endless regeneration remained and wasn't completely erased then how can we assume all information about rimuru is erased which is what qualifies for high godly regeneration if he came back from complete erasure of mind soul and information?
by the same reason that rimuru gains copy of his skills even if they were destroyed? Hinata literally destroyed some of his skill and he got a copy of it

Do you think of Endless Regeneration as a skill?

Rimuru's regeneration was his advantage as a slime race. Ever since he became a slime, he could regenerate. His regeneration increased to Endless Regeneration after Rimuru evolved into a Demon Slime.

Rimuru's regeneration was his advantage as a slime race. Ever since he became a slime, he could regenerate. His regeneration increased to Endless Regeneration after Rimuru evolved into a Demon Slime.
Also, rimuru Demon Lord have Endless Regeneration listed as intrisic skill, which comes from physiology

First, nothing was erased It was stated by rapahel that he would've regenerated, About endless regeneration Raphael said that he would have regenerated via endless regen which is an intrinsic skill, if soul and body get erased then an intrinsic skill will too because its a part of him which means that's the nature of the skill that it let him regenerate despite being erased

Yes because everything including races made of information particles. So if that intrinsic skill base on race physiology then it would still be information. Because if melt slash only destroy some information and not all or some skills and not all then thats really flimsy for high godly

by the same reason that rimuru gains copy of his skills even if they were destroyed? Hinata literally destroyed some of his skill and he got a copy of it
This would make more sense but if he does then how is that considered being completely erased

First, nothing was erased It was stated by rapahel that he would've regenerated, About endless regeneration Raphael said that he would have regenerated via endless regen which is an intrinsic skill, if soul and body get erased then an intrinsic skill will too because its a part of him which means that's the nature of the skill that it let him regenerate despite being erased
As a soul and mind yes which would be mid godly. But if all information of him is erased and he still came back that would be high godly. So an information of intrinsic skill still existing despite being erased as soul and mind wouldn't really qualify as being erased completely including all information.
Although that would be plausible if intrinsic skill is not from information particles but something else.

As for other reply i will comment more after i woke up. Not really against the revision but i at least want one thing clarified that has been bothering me regarding rimurus regeneration.

As a soul and mind yes which would be mid godly. But if all information of him is erased and he still came back that would be high godly. So an information of intrinsic skill still existing despite being erased as soul and mind wouldn't really qualify as being erased completely including all information.
Although that would be plausible if the intrinsic skill is not from information particles but something else.
Melt slash erased an ultimate skill which is made up of information particles so why it won't be able to erase it.
Also, Intrinsic skills are part of him/his body so It will get erased first along with him

It's already accepted that Rimuru's skills and himself would have completely erased otherwise Rimuru wouldn't have Mid-Godly regeneration on his profile.

I guess I would be fine with High-Godly, from additional contexts from Volume 19. I think Diablo (Light Novel) profile would also be affected with High-Godly.

Last edited:
Melt slash erased an ultimate skill which is made up of information particles so why it won't be able to erase it.
Also, Intrinsic skills are part of him/his body so It will get erased first along with him
my issue is if the skill endless regeneration is erased as skill and information why did it work?
Although Bern is getting into something the way that happened is that Raphael created a copy of Beelzebuth before releasing the Beelzebuth in its frenzied state which was completely erased by Melt Slash.
There is also a part of what Raphael said that the Physical Body is revived by the use of Endless regeneration which suggests that the skill will not be erased and can still be used even if taking Melt Slash head-on.

Also, didn't we have a long discussion in which High-Godly regeneration was rejected previously? If so, you cannot just continue to spam upgrade attempts while ignoring the previous official staff conclusions.

Also, didn't we have a long discussion in which High-Godly regeneration was rejected previously? If so, you cannot just continue to spam upgrade attempts while ignoring the previous official staff conclusions.
they had a new argument against the reason why it was rejected in the first place by Milly rocking bandit and some overlooked argument for the high godly from the old thread
And before anyone tries it — this is an inconsistency. They have no physical presence at all. I agree.
so yeah I believe it can be discussed again

It's not like I ignored the previous CRT. I purposely waited for the official translation of volume 13 to come out, in order to get a better translation. Also, I added new evidence from the latest volume regarding the information in Tensura and a new argument against the reason why it was rejected in the first place by Milly Rocking Bandit.
And before anyone tries it — this is an inconsistency. They have no physical presence at all. I agree.

It's not like I ignored the previous CRT. I purposely waited for the official translation of volume 13 to come out, in order to get a better translation. Also, I added new evidence from the latest volume regarding the information in Tensura and a new argument against the reason why it was rejected in the first place by Milly Rocking Bandit.
So it only been rejected because of its inconsistencies

Okay. It is probably fine to discuss the issue then.

my issue is if the skill endless regeneration is erased as skill and information why did it work?
Because that's how the skill works? It is one of the property of slime race to regenerate itself and It evolved to the point where it could
There is also a part of what Raphael said that the Physical Body is revived by the use of Endless regeneration which suggests that the skill will not be erased and can still be used even if taking Melt Slash head-on.
Rimuru uses his material body all the time so raphael is talking about that body and Disintegration directly erases the spiritons particles

Agree with the thread but i think Possibly high godly regeneration should be fine.

I mean this makes sense if we don't have feat and only statement then Possibly should be fine.

Agree with the thread but i think Possibly high godly regeneration should be fine.

I mean this makes sense if we don't have feat and only statement then Possibly should be fine.
what statement? feat? the skill bezzlebub already been sacrifices that's why rimuru survive but raphael also said that he'll survive due to his endless regeneration. the only thing about the old thread is rejected because of the information.
An ‘information particle’ was a substance smaller than even ‘spirit particle,’ and was close to having no mass at all. All matter in the world had to contain ‘information particles.’ (Volume 11)

Raphael's statement holds equal value as feats, She is aware of everything about rimuru if she said He would've regenerated then he would, especially this happened just after Raphael analyzed the attack

Last edited:
what statement? feat? the skill bezzlebub already been sacrifices that's why rimuru survive but raphael also said that he'll survive due to his endless regeneration. the only thing about the old thread is rejected because of the information.
Raphael statement has equal value as feats, She knows everything about rimuru if she said He would've regenerated the he will especially this happened just after raphael analyzed the attack
I get it but just so she knows about Rimuru doesn't mean she knows about Rimuru regenerating without completely getting erased right?

I am just confused with endless regeneration. Because high godly regeneration page states this.
High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying information (Type 2) or concept(s) (Type 1 or 2, but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them) needed for them to exist.
So is Rimuru is completely gets erased on conceptual level or just regenerating using information particles endlessly.

Anyway if others don't have problems I agree with the thread.

I get it but just so she knows about Rimuru doesn't mean she knows about Rimuru regenerating without completely getting erased right?

She knows literally everything about him and what she analyzed, Rimuru already took melt slash which erased his ultimate skill then this statement was made. She is aware of the capability of the attack as well as his regen

So is Rimuru is completely gets erased on conceptual level or just regenerating using information particles endlessly.
You should read the op, This is clearly addressed there

She knows literally everything about him and what she analyzed, Rimuru already took melt slash which erased his ultimate skill then this statement was made. She is aware of the capability of the attack as well as his regen.
You should read the op, This is clearly addressed there
Read it.
<<Answer. Of course not. Speculate to consume massive amount of magicule, however, the physical body can be instantly revived through “Endless Regeneration”.>>
It seems like mid godly regeneration. Also massive amount of magicule getting consumed statement. It seems like he is regenerating himself endlessly using huge amount of magicule. It doesn't seem like he is getting Completely erased and regenerating without his concepts. However I take a look at this i really don't see him getting regenerating from complete concept eraser. It seems like he is using huge amount of magicule to regenerate his physical body endlessly before melt Slash can even affect his information particles.

Anyway I agree with Possibly HGR. I am not really seeing a solid HGR. But i get your POV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back