• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensura Light Novel Revision : Bring Back High-Godly Regeneration of Rimuru LN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rimuru sacrificed a skill to be able to regenerate from melt slash, so why does he get HGR?
I mean this?
You are wrong. Rimuru sacrificed his skills to withstand the Melt Slash attack, not to regenerate. Even if he didn't sacrificed his skills to withstand the attack, it wouldn't matter if Rimuru was hit by a Melt Slash directly, because Rimuru would immediately regenerate.
<<Report. Attack can be counteracted by sacrificing Ultimate Skill “Gluttonous King Beelzebub”, suggest adapting said strategy.>>
Even at this point, Wisdom King Raphael-sama is still reliable.
But honestly, it will be a huge loss to sacrifice “Gluttonous King Beelzebub”, but right now I can only follow this instruction. Since it is the solution suggested by Raphael that has the highest rate of success, I should not have any hesitation. (Volume 7)

Oh, he used it to be able to analyze it, but Raphael stated that even if he was directed hit by it, he would be able to regen
—That even if I didn’t use “Gluttonous King Beelzebub” to cancel the attack, I wouldn’t be killed even when hit by “Melt Slash” head on?
<<Answer. Of course not. Speculate to consume massive amount of magicule, however, the physical body can be instantly revived through “Endless Regeneration”.>> (Volume 7)

Doesn’t this says of course not?

Yeah you are reading it wrong.
Q. I will not be killed if I get hit by a car?

A1. Of course, you are blah blah
A2. Of course not, you are blah blah

which of this answers suggest he won’t be killed?
Depend, some people actually uses Both wordings, it's really common, and by the context, it shows that even if he gets hit, he would be able to regenerate

Doesn’t this say of course not?
Here she is talking about the body rimuru usually uses. Atp Rimuru have yet to witness melt slash that's why he cannot have resistance to it, he will gain it after this fight and melt slash directly erase spiritons so it'll not only affect the material body and Rimuru regen won't be able to outpace the melt slash because it is the fastest attack in the series

Even in Vol. 4 against pre demon lord rimuru, Hinata was using a sword infused with art that directly affects the soul because physical damage was useless and the sword which she uses for melt slash is stated to be far stronger than the one in vol.4 and this time she was extremely cautious as I said earlier rimuru doesn't hava e resistance that'll let him resist melt slash so only material body destruction won't make sense

Last edited:
Well, your help would be appreciated here in any case.

Depend, some people actually uses Both wordings, it's really common, and by the context, it shows that even if he gets hit, he would be able to regenerate
In that context it actually meant that he can’t thats all I’m referring to but I guess someone said he actually regenerated from nothingness after he was hit by meltslash, so that feat is okay I guess

In that context it actually meant that he can’t thats all I’m referring to but I guess someone said he actually regenerated from nothingness after he was hit by meltslash, so that feat is okay I guess
he was never hit by melt slash ever again and the one that hit him only hit his copy which is how Raphael analyzed the attack and thus giving him resistance against it

He never regenerated from melt slash.
The feat is from the statement Raphaël made implying he could still regenerate after getting hit by melt slash

If it is unproven, it seems inappropriate to give him a certain rating rather than use "Possibly High-Godly" instead.

If it is unproven, it seems inappropriate to give him a certain rating rather than use "Possibly High-Godly" instead.
What? Rimuru is said by Raphael to be able to regenerate despite being hit by a Melt Slash attack. Where the Melt Slash completely destroys the physical body, soul, and information.

That is the proof.

If it is unproven
Raphael is the most reliable source in TenSura, part of Rimuru core, that analyzed the skills and it capacity

edit: yeah, he lied about Melt Slash being able to kill rimuru because he wanted to analyze it, but then, he explains that rimuru could regenerate

Last edited:
Raphael LITERALLY lied so Rimuru could steal Melt Slash, Rimuru scolds him for manipulating him into doing it.

Why is this still an argument? The very first quote of the OP, end this thread already.

—That even if I didn’t use “Gluttonous King Beelzebub” to cancel the attack, I wouldn’t be killed even when hit by “Melt Slash” head on?
<<Answer. Of course not. Speculate to consume massive amount of magicule, however, the physical body can be instantly revived through “Endless Regeneration”.>> (Volume 7)

Raphael’s words said he can’t not that he can what are you talking about?
"That even if I didn’t use “Gluttonous King Beelzebub” to cancel the attack, I wouldn’t be killed even when hit by “Melt Slash” head on?
<<Answer. Of course not"

I don't know how you read it.
But the statement implies he will not be killed

And this thread was not supposed to last long cuz we already had a previous one but was accepted as mid godly cuz the information particles lacked proper feats.

With the new feats from the official translation it is hgr.

We have got some staff who agree, more than enough for the CRT to be approved. We should be able to apply High-Godly Regeneration to Rimuru (Light Novel).

Oh yeah, this will also affect the regeneration on Diablo LN's profile (Probably Primordials too, if the profile has been created) and the regeneration negation on Yuuki LN's profile.

You literally sent the scan that said

Q. I won’t die if I get hit by meltslash?
A. Of course not
Of course he won't die, because he will regenerate.

If he died and then came back to life, it would be a resurrection and would be an Immortality Type 4.

The topic of this CRT is Regeneration, of course the person does not die, because he will regenerate.

A. Of course not

It means he does not the other way around
Dude with all due respect go and review question tags
Rimuru : "I wouldn’t be killed even when hit by “Melt Slash” head on?"
Raphaël : "of course not,"
Question tag : you won't be killed
QED

A. Of course not

Truly, and honestly, what in the hell are you talking about?? What are you arguing??

That even if I didn’t use “Gluttonous King Beelzebub” to cancel the attack, I wouldn’t be killed even when hit by “Melt Slash” head on?
<<Answer. Of course not. Speculate to consume massive amount of magicule, however, the physical body can be instantly revived through “Endless Regeneration”

Of course he won't die, because he will regenerate.

If he died and then came back to life, it would be a resurrection and would be an Immortality Type 4.

The topic of this CRT is Regeneration, of course the person does not die, because he will regenerate.
Truly, and honestly, what in the hell are you talking about?? What are you arguing??
Milly said Raphael lies about him being unable to regenerate? When did Raphael lie
I thought the scan he linked was when Raphael lied due to the question and the answer than implied a negative

A. Of course not

So what's your point again? Idk why this is a problem...Raphael telling him that he can still regenerate after hit by Melt Slash, not the other way around.

Here different wording, but same thing.
"Although … Wait a second. I know Raphael isn’t the type to take dangerous risks, but...could I have, like, survived a Meltslash blow without having to cancel it out with Belzebuth?

Understood. Of course. You lost a great deal of magical energy, but your material body could have been instantly reconstructed with Infinite Regeneration.

…So what were you so freaked out about? You didn’t just want to consume Meltslash so you could analyze it, did you?

……" LN V7 Official TL

Milly said Raphael lies about him being unable to regenerate? When did Raphael lie
I thought the scan he linked was when Raphael lied due to the question and the answer than implied a negative
Raphael lied about Beelzebuth's sacrifice. Even though Beelzebuth had been lost by Melt Slash, Raphael had prepared a copy of Beelzebuth. She only wanted to analyze the Melt Slash and that was to predict the Spirit Particles in order for Rimuru to gain resistance to it. The point is that Raphael manipulated Rimuru for Rimuru's benefit.

Even so, Rimuru will still regenerate even if he is directly hit by a Melt Slash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back