• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent art.

So checked and the anime is gonna be running for half a year so should be 20+ episodes, and if so i think it will probably cover up to the birth of a demon lord arc. That is if they don't rush the anime and do something ridiculous like going all the way to the birth of the demon capital arc.

Will be interesting to see what changes there are, and the anime will no doubt pass the manga.

Still though an isekai series with 20+ episodes is rare, it's usually 12-13, is slime that popular? Would think overlord would get this treatment but instead it gets 13 episodes and apparently skip a lot of content from the ln.

I think it is, I forgot much but I think i saw a list on myanimelist where it appeared pretty high in sales, somewhere near overlord. Overlord got 3 seasons, so technically they got more than just "13" episodes....but yeah a lot of content was skipped/rushed and goddamn was the CGI laughable, the entire scene of ainz summoning his lovecraft goats and killing the soldiers he was facing against was more stupid than frightening. But still glad that it got 20+ eps, hopefully 8-bit learned their lesson with knights & magic and chose such a number to not rush it.

So seems it does better than kono suba and re zero, see here.

If memory serves me right this was just as the new volume came out, so the others may have been there a while and just feel off but regardless it seems popular.

Lets hope they don't give it the overlord treatment with the skipped content and cgi, albeit since i haven't read the ln i wouldn't know whats skipped

Celestial Pegasus said:
So seems it does better than kono suba and re zero, see here.
If memory serves me right this was just as the new volume came out, so the others may have been there a while and just feel off but regardless it seems popular.

Lets hope they don't give it the overlord treatment with the skipped content and cgi, albeit since i haven't read the ln i wouldn't know whats skipped
From what I read of vol 1-3, the plot is in the same direction as the WN but there's definitely more world-building, and more character development, unlike the WN that focused largley on just finishing the plot. The comment section of Myanimelist in regards to tensei shitara slime datta ken say the animators are good.....really anticipating for TSSDK as it's undoubtedly my favorite isekai, and hope to god that they don't ruin it with CGI, even kumo desu ga nani ka was sadly revealed to have crappy CGI monsters.

So did a bit more digging, and seems slime is way more popular than i though, for the first half of 2018 it was number 8 but in terms of the top selling media franchises in japan it's at number 19

Btw in the big revison thread i will make when the series i done translated, the characters are gonna get some concept manipulation. Demons and angels are conceptual existences, however demons take on physical bodies in the world, but nothing was said about that for angels and everyone relevant were slaughtering the angels in yuki's army.

However the demons and angels will lose their mid godly status due to the upcoming abstract existence changes, essentially just being a conceptual existence doesn't mean you get mid godly.

Angels and demons will be type 1 abstracts, in other words you need concept manipulation to affect them, they will still have low-godly regen too though.

Nothing was ever said about them continuing to exists as long as a concept exist, just that they can regenerate, survive physical death, and as spiritual beings won't perma die unless you destroy their souls.

Uhhh, the angels manifested in the bodies of the humans from the empire.

"However, the 100,000 prepared bodies were not enough for the 1,000,000 strong Angels.
To compensate, yes ―― innocent, uninvolved civilians, the citizens of the Capital were put forth as tribute."

"Kagari's prepared corpse, and Vega's body, whose head was smashed, beckoned by Yuuki's words, began their rebirth."

Good point, rimuru still absorbed a seraphim though, but that's rimuru so wouldn't scale to everyone. But demons can kill demons in the demon world too, so still demons would scale.

Hmm conceptual existences that take on physical bodies in the world, this explains why demons like gii and carrera can can ressurect, you kill their physical bodies but their true selves still exist, so they just come back later

About the true dragon's ressurection, using Regenerationn terms, what tier would it be? Their resurrection is shown in chapter 233 as Velgaia had his/her dragon core (which should be equivalent to their soul) destroyed, but literally just resurrected themself with Zero's dragon core, and as stated by Ciel herself, that wasn't even necessary for them to resurrect, as they would just reappear somewhere in the world, and considering the way Ciel explained it, doesn't seem like they would take long to resurrect either.

《You're aware that a True Dragon won't really disappear, right?

The same also applies to Zero who had become the insane, destructive "Berserk Evil Dragon".

He will revive again somewhere in the world and will just try to accomplish his mission as the "Berserk Evil Dragon" that was given to him by Velda.

That's the reason why Velda created the pseudo "Dragon Core" called『Evil Dragon Lord Azi Dahaka』.

However, this matter will be different if a new heart arises inside that "Dragon Core".

If it's Gaia who has fragments of Dragon Factor, it can be said that he possesses enough qualifications for it.》

Veldora also stated that a dragon's physical body is based on sentient beings prayers, what ability/power would that be?

It's just ressurection, has nothing to do with regen, they just won't permanently die, and will revive somewhere else in the world, as an entirely different person.

True dragons are also energy beings who can basically chose their appearance.

But yea in practice even if you destroy their souls they won't die, they will resurrect somewhere else in the world, it's just op resurrection.

Yeah, I know that, but I wanted some tiering as a reference to how powerful their ressurection is, as veldora would've been reduced to non-existance in 100 years had rimuru not found him and stopped the flow of his essence, and would've come back as a new "Storm Dragon".

Reduced to non-existence? Don't remember anything about that.

Regardless it still functions like mid-godly regen anyway.

I read that from the LN, I think it's still the same in the WN.

"If only mind that escape out, it seemed that it'd diffuses with magic essence and disappears.
And then, somewhere else, a new "Storm Dragon" would be born.
It might be possible to escape, but if there's no meaning to it if it he became a different person."

It's pretty much the same, just with different wording, the LN once again is more detailed it seems.

LN: If he simply burst out in spirit form, his essence would scatter to the winds like the magic itself, erasing his very existence. This would result in the birth of a new storm dragon, somehow, somewhere—I didn't care about the details by this point.

Ok, this is actually about him turning into his spiritual form, but the conclusion of his ressurection is still the same, and the novel mentions that he would still be erased from existence in 100 years.

Well,just get interested with TSSDK,so tell me how good is this series,since i'm not liking isekai trope so much expect Konosuba,so i give this series a chance to see.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Well,just get interested with TSSDK,so tell me how good is this series,since i'm not liking isekai trope so much expect Konosuba,so i give this series a chance to see.
Have to read for yourself, the LN translation of vol 1-3 are in a link above, the WN is better than your average isekai imo, but still has it's faults.

So today, tomorrow, or Wednesday, and I believe Funimation had it as a Simuldub so that should be a week or two after the Japanese version then.

Looked on ********* and it said it's releasing today, looked at a comment on myanimelist and they said the japanese broadcast was going to be released in several hours.

OPwas released, but this doesn't have any anime visuals.

So, anime is out, and i will see in spanish, so here my question, a web page to read the novel and the translation are very good? the light Novels and the manga are a good adaptation?

As far as i am aware only like 2 volumes of the ln has been translated.

The wn is almost done being translated.

The manga has 40+ chapters. I have seen the covers of the ln, the manga is covering material that would be in volume 3 of the ln.

Ln and wn have slight differences, in that the ln tends to expand on things.

3 volumes have been translated. Click here if you want to pirate it.

The manga is covering vol 4 currently.

The "You don't like me when I'm angry" event should start at the end of that volume.

So rimuru vs hinata was in the op, so the anime will at least go that far.

Was a good first episode too.

The animation really included a lot of unnecessary "Drug-Induced Visuals" but watching it still made me think....Overlord got treated badly, by MADHOUSE.

Btw, shouldn't early rimuru get soul manip resistance? His soul survived crossing between worlds:

There are few people with strong soul who are able to endure the crossing between worlds.

- Veldora

That reminds me, everyone with ultimate skills should have a lot more resistances since having an ultimate skill mean nothing but a ultimate skill or a special unique skill like chloe's can affect you.

The high point for me was when rimuru massacred those soldiers the first time and absorbed their souls, the power creep is fairly ridiculous by the current chapters.

Overall i still think it's one of the better isekai's, the ln expands on things, like zegion and co don't just randomly show up, it shows how rimuru met them, also there was mention about apito being comparable to hinata in the wn, that fight happens in the ln, also yuki apparently isn't the main villan anymore?

I think the ln probably improves on the wn, but can't make a full judgement until i see it, which we will since the anime will adapt further than the manga.

Leon's was literally just his face and pretty ugly, overall the ln art is pretty crap.

Gii was just the same as from his profile which was rendered, so i changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back