• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure about the LN version but in the WN; Spiritual lifeforms like Yuukie can regenerate- as he did so against Leon.

I think there is a statement as long as their core exists, I think, soul; they can regenerate.

The core statement has been used for Demons and True-Dragons, I believe.

That's not what it was described for Charybdis though. If it lost its host body, then it's core would need to find new corpses (likely of magcial nature) to resurrect itself first. It wouldn't be able to regenerate by itself.

Also it would make Rimuru's Endless Regenerationn moot. After Harvest Festival only Rimuru and the kids (and possibly Shion too, since the lack of "endless" might be TL error) got it. Benimaru and Diablo don't have any Regenerationn skills whatsoever.

Well, I hope LN vol. 5 will explain how Endless Regenerationn works.

No, Geld doesn't have low-godly. And if he did, Rimuru would scale to him since they are portrayed to be equal in terms of absorption and Regenerationn with the only difference being that Rimuru can gain skills from living beings, while Geld can only do so from corpses.

Your example with Shion is only a head-Regenerationn feat which is high-mid.

But Clayman should get an upgrade of his Regenerationn to high-mid since it's compared to Geld too at one point.

I think it's more like shion's regen should be downgraded not the other way around.

She hasn't regenerated from a soul really, she just changes to an astral state before she dies and then regenerates, she has never been completely destroyed.

I mean even when the yomigaeri got upgraded they only became half spiritual lifeforms, would be strange for them to have Regenerationn equal to a spiritual lifeform.

NeoSuperior said:
No, Geld doesn't have low-godly. And if he did, Rimuru would scale to him since they are portrayed to be equal in terms of absorption and Regenerationn with the only difference being that Rimuru can gain skills from living beings, while Geld can only do so from corpses.
Your example with Shion is only a head-Regenerationn feat which is high-mid.
NeoSuperior, her Regenerationn is rated Low-Godly.

I am not sure their Regenerationn was ever compared; it just was their absorption

Elizhaa said:
NeoSuperior, her Regenerationn is rated Low-Godly.

I am not sure their Regenerationn was ever compared; it just was their absorption
Her regenerative capabilities are attributed to her race though, not her being a spiritual lifeform.

And yes, there was a comaprison between Geld's and Rimuru's Regenerationn.

Chapter 41:

"[...]The Orc Disaster had begun corroding me, intending to devour. However, I also intend to devour you! I am a slime. My basic abilities are [Dissolve, Absorb, Regenerate]. My Regenerationn ability is similar to his. However, the slime body is naturally resistant to corrosion. Thus, I had planned from the beginning to eat you in this manner!

[...]

I try to dissolve him, but his Regenerationn prevents his death. At the same time, my regenerative ability negates his corrosion. Each one attempts to devour the other like the Ouroboros. The one who eats the other first, wins. Simple, isn't it?[...]"

And this seems to be another change between WN and LN, I think. Rimuru doesn't have innate Corrosion resistance or anything like that in the LN, as far as I am aware, until after or during his absorption of the Orc Disaster, which grants him "Cancel Rot"/"Corrosion Nullification", but in the WN he appearently started out with it, on the other hand Geld has additional healing magic in the LN that's not mentioned in the WN, as far as I am aware.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I think it's more like shion's regen should be downgraded not the other way around.
She hasn't regenerated from a soul really, she just changes to an astral state before she dies and then regenerates, she has never been completely destroyed.

I mean even when the yomigaeri got upgraded they only became half spiritual lifeforms, would be strange for them to have Regenerationn equal to a spiritual lifeform.
I guess her can be downgrade and Geld's upgrade to High-mid's scaling to Rimuru

Regenerating your severed head is mid Regenerationn not high mid, i forgot why rimuru even has high-mid.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Regenerationn your head is mid Regenerationn not high mid, i forgot why rimuru even has high-mid.
I think it was from regenerating from a small piece of himself after losing to Hinata, IIRC.

Again, the spiritual being part isn't it. Only those with spiritual body PLUS Endless Regenerationn have been mentioned in this context. But if Orc Disaster (who is not a spiritual body) scales to that, and Rimuru also scales to Orc Disaster... then are they all Low-Godly? That'd be quite an upgrade for the WN profiles.

EDIT: No, wait. It's mentioned that it's neccessary to change forms first and there is no mention of "complete destruction of the body" either, so... eh I don't know.

As i already said shion should lose low-godly, she merely switches to an astral body before dying then regenerates and she has only regenerated like fatal wounds and is said to be equal to the orc lord.

Shion does have low-godly when she becomes a spiritual lifeform though.

As for spiritual + endless Regenerationn not sure where that's coming from, i have a blog on this, spiritual lifeforms can survive physical death, exist only as a soul, have eternal youth, and a strong degree of immortality which makes them unable to die unless there is a core break or energy roast successfully performed on them, and they can regenerate their cores as long as it isn't completely destroyed.

I am currently checking the RAWs. There seem to be some serious TL issues there in regards to the Regenerationn skills, something I realized just from searching the Skills' Kanji. Will be back in a sec to give more detailed overview.

So yea, I just check it and it seems there are three Regenerationn skills.

Þç¬ÕÀ▒Õåìþöƒ = Self-Regenerationn (Rimuru had it in his status in chapter 26 after the upgrade segment in Veldora's cave post-Ifrit)

Þç¬ÕÀ▒Õåìþöƒex = Self-Regenerationn EX (Rimuru had it in his status in chapter 42 after beating Orc Disaster Geld)

þäíÚÖÉÕåìþöƒ = Endless Regenerationn (Rimuru obtained it in chapter 70 through the Harvest Festival)

And looking at the RAWs, what's displayed for the children in chapter 73 is actually Þç¬ÕÀ▒Õåìþöƒex (Self-Regenerationn EX) which is Rimuru's previous Regenerationn that he got after absorbing Orc Disaster. Shion's status screen also only shows Þç¬ÕÀ▒Õåìþöƒex (Self-Regenerationn EX), so þäíÚÖÉÕåìþöƒ (Endless Regenerationn) is an exclusive (racial) Skill for Rimuru.

So based on what we know, Orc Disaster likely had Þç¬ÕÀ▒Õåìþöƒex (Self-Regenerationn EX) in the WN, so Rimuru actually had the weaker weaker Þç¬ÕÀ▒Õåìþöƒ (Self-Regenerationn), but could endure it with his lower Regenerationn due to his innate Acid Resistance.

It's different in the LN where it was flipped. Rimuru had Extra Skill Ultraspeed Regenerationn, while Geld (based on his status screen) only had Common Skill Self-Regenerationn. However there was no mention about Rimuru having any sort of innate acid resistances (he did obtain that during or after the battle through predator though), while Geld had healing magic as support, which once again balanced the scales by nerfing Rimuru and buffing Geld in those areas, though regardless, the result remained mostly the same.

Unfortunately that means we don't have anything to scale it to and it's therefore just another case of "At least the previous version, likely higher"... hah...

Oh right. But then why is nothing scaled to that, considering it's High 7-A? This is Ranga "going all out". He used his entire energy, having just enough afterwards to shoot a Black Lightining at Geld at the end. Shouldn't anyone with equal or higher Energy Points (WN) / Magicule Capacity (LN) scale to that? Or at least anyone who is likely to have equal or higher energy/magicule efficiency compared to Ranga?

And while we are on the topic of "going all out", in the LN Shizue stated that she needed to go all out with Ifrit fully unleashed to beat a Calamity-Class Dragon, comparable to the one that Rimuru one-shotted later with a single use of Gluttony.

Well you just explained why, using a specific ability using all his energy ranga was able to do that, that took all he had, and he can't do it more than once, hence it scales to no one except rimuru provided he uses food chain to get death storm.

Rimuru is far stronger than shizue, doesn't really mean anything in terms of tiers.

Even if said characters can use energy/magicules more efficiently than Ranga?

And by the way, I am asking this for the third or fourth time now, but why does Rimuru not have Inorganic Physiology Type 1 instead of Type 2? There is nothing indicating that Slimes aren't actual living beings. I mean "real life" Slime aren't but type 1 is about an inanimate object becoming animate through supernatural means, while type 2 is about an non-organic being that can already move by its own to begin with. Rimuru is obviously closer to type 1 since he has both a soul and a mind. And "normal" Slimes at the very least have a soul too, since any being with Skills must also have a soul.

Also Rimuru should lose "blessed" for PTD key.

Shion endless Regenerationn work as long as her soul isnt destroyed, so if she lost her body she can regenerate as long as her soul is save in LN this is still the same, the difference between half and true spiritual lifeform is, she need magicules to regenerate, so if she run out of magicules she have to wait until her magicules back and she cant control her spiritual form

Because he is the one who give blessing, His stats change from divine protection to divine blessing

From Blessed:

• The character who is giving the blessing does not necessarily need to be a higher tier than the character who has been blessed.
More evidence need to be shown that Rimuru lost his Blessing.

GLHF22 said:
Shion endless Regenerationn work as long as her soul isnt destroyed, so if she lost her body she can regenerate as long as her soul is save in LN this is still the same, the difference between half and true spiritual lifeform is, she need magicules to regenerate, so if she run out of magicules she have to wait until her magicules back and she cant control her spiritual form
Wow the LN nerf!

Shion's regen works by her switching to an astral body, however again her regen is said to be equal to the orc lord's which can regen it's head.

She has never regenerated her entire body, the fact that it's said to be equal to the orc lords and talks about regenerating heads makes this pretty clear i think, otherwise it would say explicitly as long as her soul is ok she can completely regen her entire body and not just mention her head.

Info about shion cook from LN

"--it's true. This is not a high-density "special enchantment", just a "special enchantment" that manipulates the law. The law manipulation is an area I am good at. I will cook it!"

Leonard heard a fog.

But he understands what Shion did.

Shion launched her unique skill "Cook" to manipulate the results of the holy purification.

Rewrite things and rules.

This ability can rewrite the "results" that you want to the subject matter - the so-called "determination results."

It is the true power of Shion skill "Cook".

The reason why the dishes of Shion are delicious is the effect of this skill. With such a powerful skill, Shion l used it in a very regrettable place.

What will be the result of using it for combat?

The answer is the desperate situation that Leonard and others now experience.

This ability can reflect 100% of the results she hopes, and no matter how strong the defense is.

To fight against the stronger ideas, rewrite the results she wants. In other words, the premise is that you can rewrite the law, do not hold the same type of ability, and can't deal with it. "

GLHF22 said:
As I've mentioned previously, Shion and the immortal kids DO NOT HAVE Endless Regenerationn. That was a mistranslation. They only have Self-Regenerationn EX, which the Orc Disaster was presumed to have as well in the WN (but not in LN) and which Rimuru (WN) got after his battle against Orc Disaster.

However in regards to Endless Regenerationn, only Rimuru has it and it's a racial Skill for the species of Demon Slime.

In regards to Shion, in the WN (ch. 93) she does manage to regenerate after getting hit by Disintegration and it's not specified whether that's because of spiritual form, because of Self-Regenerationn EX, or the combination of both. Anyway, what sort of Regenerationn feat would that be taken as by itself?

Elizhaa said:
Upon Rimuru becoming a Great Demon Lord, everyone who previously had the Storm Crest (Rimuru) or the Tempest Crest (everyone else) had their blessing changed to "Great Demon Lord's Crest". So Rimuru became the blesser instead of being the blessed. So I thought "self-blessings" don't count. Am I wrong?

I don't recall what happened in that regard to Veldora himself though.

Shion's torso or something like that was left after getting hit by disintegration, so don't really think it' counts for much.

Don't think it's higher than what geld did or scaling to rimuru who has high-mid regen.

She the proceeded to cut off their limbs, making their limbless self the new norm, thus they couldn't heal it.

Just checked when vol 5 is coming out and it's on april 23, same day as when re zero ex novel 3 is coming out, gonna have a lot to read that day then.

Hoping the guys doing the fan translations release their translations of vol 6 and 7 soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back