• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, after quick introspection, I just realized the extent of my character analysis about a fictional character.

Honestly, I understand the hardship in the stories faced I just was disappointed by the sealing skills or the holding back set point since many of the conflicts consequences could likely had never happen, to me.

I do hope that Rimuru's character become better though as the story continue. I guess we shall see.

The light novel hasn't even been translated up to that point.

And from what i remember you saying before you haven't even read the light novel yet lol.

I would hold off making any judgments until reading it and seeing how things progress instead of making judgments based off other ppl's brief bullet points.

Elizhaa said:
Wow, after quick introspection, I just realized the extent of my character analysis about a fictional character.
Honestly, I understand the hardship in the stories faced I just was disappointed by the sealing skills or the holding back set point since many of the conflicts consequences could likely had never happen, to me.

I do hope that Rimuru's character become better though as the story continue. I guess we shall see.
Can you explain to me what consequence could have been prevented by using his more dangerous skills?

Some revision suggestions:

1. Dark Thunder. At the beginning of LN vol. 2 Rimuru links Dark Lightning with Control Particles and obtains Dark Thunder, an upgraded, more focused and efficient form of Dark Lightning. As far as I am aware it doesn't exist in the WN.

2. Perhaps Shizue's Peak key should get immortality type 8 due to the mask? The anime subs ruined it, but appearently what Diablo said about the mask at the end of episode 24 (Diablo watching Rimuru's fight with Ifrit) is not the fact that the mask just "reappeard", but rather that it BROKE, suggesting that reaching Rimuru removed the protection it gave to itself and to Shizu.

3. Rimuru (LN) should gain Fusionism for the second key, maybe even first key, due to Degenerate/Deviant. He has feats like fusing his own powers (Skills) and fusing spirits with each other and also fusing the resulting Great Spirits with the children. Over time we should also take care to replace the referenced WN texts with proper LN texts, escpacially for those cases where there are significant differences.

4. Not sure if someone brought this up yet, but appearently in the LN (vol. 1) the requirement for a monster to be considered A-rank (Hazard-class) is being able to at least destroy a small town (though the line in the english LN seems to have mistranslated Hazard-class as Disaster-class in vol. 1, but gets correctly refered to as Hazard-Class in vol. 3)

By the way, I have been curious about this for a while, but what are the exact "save points" for the respective keys for Rimuru (both LN and WN)?

@Neo

1. Ok

2. Too early to do this, we should wait till the light novel goes into explanations about chloe and shizue.

3. Should be 1st key

4. Interesting, have any quotes/scans for this?

What do you mean by save points? Where the keys stop? First key stops after chrabydhis, but before rimuru goes to meet the kids, wn that would be up until he absorbs the orc lord but before he meets the kids.

2nd key is after he saves the kids and fights hinata but before he becomes a demon lord.

3rd key goes all the way up from when he became an awakened demon lord until before he becomes a true dragon.

4th key is from when he is a true dragon until before he becomes God.

5th key is just a 2x multiplier of his power, he never used it cause yuki stopped time before he could.

6th key is obviously from when he becomes god until the afterstories.

OpMasada, you could argued his deaths and the destruction of his country in other timeline.

Also, it is likely that Veldora wouldn't have be capture if he was serious from the beginning.

Assuming the same moment of his willingness to hold no mercy for enemies is declared in the LN like the WN after the Havert Festival, it would make him holding back is hypocrisy.

Elizhaa said:
Elizhaa said:
THOK AST THOK said:
Deviant and Shapeshifter are just differing translation of a same word. They're not a different skill
I agree.
Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel)

Shapeshifter: An ability obtained from Shizue Izawa, it grants Fusion and DiVision.

• Fusion: The ability to merge into a single being with a targeted fellow.
  • DiVision: The ability to separate oneself and the being possessing you. (If the target who being separated lacks a physical form, they could disappear. )
vs

Rimuru Tempest
Deviant

• Synthesize: Rimuru can transform two different targets into a single object.
  • Separate: Rimuru can release the properties inherent to the target and make it into a separate object.
I mean if Rimuru Ln get fusionism than Rimuru Wn get it too.

Elizhaa said:
OpMasada, you could argued his deaths and the destruction of his country in other timeline.
Also, it is likely that Veldora wouldn't have be capture if he was serious from the beginning.

Assuming the same moment of his willingness to hold no mercy for enemies is declared in the LN like the WN after the Havert Festival, it would make him holding back is hypocrisy.
What are you even talking about? How do you expect Rimuru to be capable of defeating Rudra in the other timeline? How do you know Veldora wouldn't get captured?

As Celestial said, it's way too quick to dive into assumptions.

Elizhaa said:

What are you even talking about? How do you expect Rimuru to be capable of defeating Rudra in the other timeline? How do you know Veldora wouldn't get captured?

As Celestial said, it's way too quick to dive into assumptions.

But I'm genuinely curious how you expect Rimuru to defeat Rudra.

To clarify, as I understood if from the individual who said it, the whole "unleashing" part is not about how Rimuru treats his enemy but more about worrying about collateral damage, reputation and such stuff. Don't forget that even in the LN Rimuru still causes a "regime change" in Falmas. In the "previous timeline" where Rimru dies to the Eastern Empire, he did not do that and it made Tempest weaker overall compared to the "current timeline" where Rimuru instated Youmu as the King.

In the first place there is no way that things developed as they did in vol. 14 for a reason like Rimuru being naive. Keep in mind that Wisdom Lord Raphael exists, so since Rudra even managed to fool her, it's doubtful that Rimuru could have done anything better, no matter whether he acted "naively" or not.

My problem is not the story, per say but Rimuru's characterization within the part of story. Sure, he falls into a trap but when if he made the statement that I will about and still back initially this a problem in character.

Furthermore, Rimuru willingness to released his skills as a result of rage rather than the supposed character growth that he should have as leader feel cliche and cheaper, in my view. It could have been better if it was the other way around.

The other point about his death and desctruction that I made above.

I never said my statement is true, just saying if he held back despite his growth then it is sad, to me.

Still think it's pretty pointless to debate this since we haven't even read it ourselves.

But if you don't like it then that's your opinion i guess.

Just an opinion, CP; besides, there no points on making something out nothing. As well, I already psychoanalyze myself to get the real answers wanted. I believe that I said all my pieces on the subject above.

@Celestial Pegasus

Yes, I meant what the keys include and more spcifically up to where they are valid. So first key goes up until and including the diplomacy with the Beastman country and the second visit to Dwargon and ends when Rimuru heads out with the adventurer trio? So the Blumund Kingdom arc is already part of the second key then? Also where exactly does the second key end? Based on the fact that Rimuru has Soul Manipulation, I assume it goes all the way to the point right before Rimuru starts his transformation to a True Demon Lord? But since the LN is not there yet (10-15 more days till vol. 5) the second key currently only goes up to where LN vol. 4 or the manga is at?

In regards to the screenshot for Rank A, here you go.

Now I got a question: If we accept this labeling/scaling, how will we treat the "A-minus" rank? Will it be treated as the "lower end of Rank A" and therefore scaled to small town level, or will it be treated as "below Rank A"?

@Neo The reason why he has 2 keys before becoming a demon lord is that he got stronger, in the ln from a A rank monster to an A+ ranked monster, we just don't know when it happened, just that by the point he fights hinata he is A+ since hinata>shizue at her peak who is A+. He started as an A rank after being named by veldora and by the time he fights hinata is A+.

In the web novels case i guess it's from being about equal to an arc demon to being comparable to hinata who is superior to them, he at that point is demon lord seed level, arc demon is the pre-demon lord class.

So as i said first key goes all the way up until before the arc where he meets hinata happens. 2nd key is from where he fights hinata but before becoming an awakened demon lord.

I mean if it's such a big deal we can just rename the key by his ranks or something.

No idea what to do about A- rank, it's why gobuta is still rated as unknown. A ranks are small city level though scaling to shizue so that feat isn't useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back