• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well seems so. It might give Shion a durability boost for tanking it though?

And in regards to Rimuru's Ultraspeed Regenerationn in the LN (vol. 2), the following words:

"The coat also came standard with Self-Repair, which went way beyond basic seam fixes. Enough magic force, and I could basically regenerate it from scratch. Keep it clean, too. Ultraspeed Regenerationn at work, I supposed."

Is that a Regenerationn feat? And if yes, what type would it be considered as?

Resistance to soul manipulation and matter manipulation i guess, the former she already has, not the latter though.

The clothes regenerate from scratch, which is defined as "assembled or made from whatever is available, and so unlikely to be of the highest quality".

So it regens from whatever of it is there, don't know what that counts as, at best it's high-mid. Then again i know if regenerating clothes is on the same level as regenerating entire organ systems.

NeoSuperior said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Regenerationn your head is mid Regenerationn not high mid, i forgot why rimuru even has high-mid.
I think it was from regenerating from a small piece of himself after losing to Hinata, IIRC.
Yes, it is in WN ch 67

From what i see he he just used created a clone by sending a piece of himself away, don't really see anything about Regenerationn.

Celestial Pegasus said:
From what i see he he just used created a clone by sending a piece of himself away, don't really see anything about Regenerationn.
He came back from a small piece of his body. The clone went to fight Hinata in the past Chapter 66. He used the small piece of his body to escape and went back his normal size.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of your body, such as your severed head, a single organ, or a finger.

It's a "clone" made from physically cutting himself. He could not create any new bodies with magic, so the "amount" he could send away without making Hinata and her supercalculative abilities suspicious (e.g. "why did he suddenly become significantly smaller?") would have to be extremely small and it immdietly entered low-activity state. And all that wasn't sent away got disintegrated. Rimuru upon reawaking regenerated from this small piece to his regular size after the barrier was lifted.

"local area" can be quite big though considering it's within Jura forest and strictly speaking there is no clearly defined limit for what "local area" entails. But oh well, it was worth a try at least.

Bad news peeps. It's been some few days now, but the translator for the Slime manga Shurim has gone on hiatus after and /a/non started releasing scanlations a few days earlier and not wanting to compete, Shurim bowed out(this and it seemed like Shurim needed a break). The issues is that /a/anon seems to have gone AWOL and it's rumored the entire thing was to troll the fans by getting the main dedicated scanlator to drop the series. Am posting this here to see if anyone knows of some fixes for this. Like someone who can pick up the translation work left behind or something.

Did the anon TL say that on Discord or something? Otherwise the only source of that supposed information is Jaws20 from ******** and no one else. It's a rumor until proven otherwise, at least to me. For help we might asks those who plan to fanTL the LNs, perhaps, if it comes down to it? At least for the TL aspect of it.

More importantly, can we restart the calc for Hellflare? There are 3 reasons I am asking this:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2630555

1. We previously didn't know the time the Hellflare took to vaporize the Magisteel Golem and people likely assumed that it was just 1 second or less and that might seem correct with the whole "vaporized everything in an instant" part in the LN, but I'd argue that's a flashback to when he was experimenting with that skill at an earlier point and does not refer to this specific magic steel golem with a spirit imbued (probably got some sort of fire resistance too). And infact we can use the anime as a reference for how long it took for it to be vaporized if we assume real-time. After counting it, the golem started visibly vaporizing after about 12 seconds within the dome and was completely gone after a total of 16-17 seconds within the hellflare.

2. Lowballing the specific heat capacity to regular steel made the calculation itself moot, since it doesn't even make any sense with the new info about how long it took to work and it's also the second variable to be lowballed. There should be a better way, like actually first calculating the internal heat capacity for "magisteel imbued with a Spirit" that would probably result in an absurdly high value, but it would still be lowballed due to the 200,000,000┬░C lowball anyway. But this calc could also give some info about Beretta's durability, for example, so it would be worth it. Shouldn't it be possible if you scale it through a comparison with regular steel like "how long would normal steel with same mass take to completely vaporize at 200,000,000┬░C in comparison to the 'Possessed Magicsteel Golem'?"

3. Rimuru called that version of Hellflare "the strongest attack skill in existence". I know one might argue that there was Milim's Drago Buster that he saw, but this might again be a flashback to when he developed that technique, since he said "was the strongest" instead of "is the strongest" (i.e. he might have changed his mind after seeing the Drago Buster) or perhaps he actually does view it as stronger than Drago Buster (which had Milim holding back, after all), just that Rimuru couldn't use it against Charybdis due to its size and Rimuru being more susceptible to Magic Jamming than Milim. But Rimuru definitly created it after the Orc Disaster arc, so Rimuru himself views his compressed Hellflare as stronger than Ranga's Death Storm. So shouldn't it scale to Death Storm?

Have no problem scaling hellflare to death storm, but it shouldn't scale to Rimuru's normal capability, cause it was his strongest ability at that time.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Have no problem scaling hellflare to death storm, but it shouldn't scale to Rimuru's normal capability, cause it was his strongest ability at that time.
OK then.

For future reference, we can now easily calculate the minimal specific heat capacity of Magisteel which might be neccessary at some point for other heat feats involving Magisteel, by highballing the temperature of Rimuru's "several hundred million degrees". Like this:

4.184e17 J / 27,215.5 kg / (999,999,999 - 293) K = 15373.6 J/kg

That's the minimum value for the specific heat capacity of magisteel. For reference, the specific heat capacity of regular steel is merely 510.7 J/kg, so magisteel got at least 30 times the specific heat capacity of regular steel.

Well you can request for it to be calc, in the calc request thread if you want, doubt it will come close to being large mountain level though.

Is it me, or is Rimuru's profile missing either Invulurability to everyone at his level or below, or Damage Reduction, via a basic resistance he got since the prologue?

I say this because he's been stated to have "Physical Attack Nullification", and in Diablo's profile seems to state the exact same thing. Since Rimuru has every single skill, shouldn't be on his profile?

Well i listed physical attack nullification as power null, since it nullifies physical attacks.

When rimuru had it as an awakened demon lord, he could already switch to a spiritual body, so slipped my mind to add it since in the first place physical attacks won't work on him since he is an intangible being.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Well you can request for it to be calc, in the calc request thread if you want, doubt it will come close to being large mountain level though.
I don't think that'd work. The formula used up until now, at least, has too many unknowns. The specific heat capacity I just calculated stems from scaling the Hellflare to Moutain-Level Energy. For the temperature there's the whole range of "several hundreds of millions", i.e. 200,000,000┬░C up to 999,999,999┬░C. For heat capacity, the 15373.6 J/kg specific heat capacity for magisteel is the lowballed minimum derived from scaling to mountain-level energy and maximazing temperature to 999,999,999┬░C, but there is no limit to the specific heat capacity (aside from physical limits). But that's the limit of this formula. Any further tinkering with it without additional information won't lead to any significant changes in the result, so a different formula needs to be used, maybe one of those formula dealing with J/s, since we have the time it takes for it takes for the goldem to be vaporized now, but I don't know myself. Better ask one of the physicists here what can be used.

By the way, is there any list with the energy level range of all (measurable) tiers? I think that'd make things a lot easier but I could not find a page like that here.

Oh right, I was somehow fixated on the Tiering System page instead.

As for the Hellflare feat, Rimuru still had about half his magicules left after: teleporting to the road earlier that day (LN) / teleporting directly to the Dwelling of Sprits (manga), use Hellflare once, combine lesser spirits into 3 greater spirits and inject them into the kids, craft the Beretta Doll and finally summon+contract Beretta (supposedly took a lot of magicules). At that point half of his magicules were left. After that he named Beretta which further sapped his magicule count by a third of his total.

From the wording I'd say summoning+contracting Beretta scales to using Hellflare, so since after doing both twice and some other things he still had half of his energy left, Rimuru should be able to use his full-power Hellflare at least 4 times in a row. Not sure if that has any significance for AP though.

Some info about Vol 14 ( I havent read it y know im not have time, just hearsay )

In vol 14 Empire arc, Rimuru need to ally with Yuuki to take Rudra down but endup got traped and lead to Veldora capture event because he underestimate Rudra force ( Velgrind trash 3 Primordial Demon real bad while instantly travel to Tempest and attack Veldora while Rimuru got lured to empire and archive noting) Yuuki also apperently got brainwashed by Kondo and become Rudra piece

So primordials aren't true dragon level, also at this point doesn't really seem like yuuki is the big bad, didn't he also team up with rimuru before?

Oof and Wow, the nerfs are real!

I am thinking about leaving only the First two for Rimuru Ln profiles

I also think that characters that have yet to appears to appear in the Ln for proper rating should have their profiles convert to the WN profile or deleted and remanded when the issue is up to date.

I frankly think it is better to convert the composite profile to Wn because it is much easier and the Ln profile will look to have more major difference in tiering or abilities

The ln profiles are in the minority anyway so yea i agree, all the profiles which are link in the verse page with pics and what not should just be the wn profiles. So they should all just be renamed like for example Veldora Tempest (Web Novel).

The ln ones can be added at the bottom when we get more info.

This still pre demon lord Primordial Demon and they already 6A, is not something great a Tier 4 character trashed a bunch of Tier 6

The following changes from WN to LN are something I got to know from a reliable individual who read the RAWs:

• Falmas attack in Harvest Festival arc has less Church involvement but in exchange has Otherworlders among their attackers - Rimuru's subordinates get to fight as well. Also unlike the WN, in the LN Rimuru notices Myulan's betrayal before hearing about the tale of the petdragon, so he is actually angry at her and almost kills her, causing a bit more drama
  • During Walpurgis Banquet arc, Rimuru's subordinates attack Clayman's castle while Clayman is at the Banquet. One of the defenders of the castle is Adelman and they manage to recruit him by accidently converting him to view Rimuru as a god somehow. Rimuru, on request from Raphael, lets Clayman use his temporary True Demon Lord upgrade because it's better to eat him in that state than to eat him and the shard seperately and Clayman provides a good test subject for testing out some new skills. Ruminas attends the Banquet as a maid with a male subordinate as her "body double" taking her place as a Demon Lord, but Veldora exposes her. Benimaru also ends up easily beating Charybdis or some recreation of it or something
  • Saint-Demon Confrontation arc looks very similar on the surface, but the circumstances are appearently completely different from the WN, like Hinata NOT being brainwashed and having a different backstory and personality and the Church lying to Hinata about Rimuru's intentions. Unlike the WN where Ruminas has had to deal with incompetent leaders of the church and the Holy Ruberius Empire, in the LN she gets betrayed by them instead.
  • Yuuki has a different backstory and personality, for example he rejects Velda's temptation completely and doesn't make a pact with him. Due to that Yuuki doesn't have any brainwashing powers and due to not relying on such a "cheat", he instead acts more rationally. He actually becomes a subordinate of Guy, which is why he ends up being in the "Octagram Demon Lords' faction" and ends up working together with Rimuru
  • Tournement arc is shortened and the power-houses do not participate. Gobta ends up winning it
  • Chloe's timetravel stuff goes quite differently. In the "previous timeline" where Chloe threw a tantrum and caused Hinata's ambush to fail, Rimuru made it in time to negotiate peace with Falmas and even resolves the misunderstanding with Hinata (she is not brainwashed after all). However Falmas existing in its current form causes Tempest's growth to stall and the "bad end" in the LN that causes Tempest to fall and Rimuru to die is due to the Eastern Empire's invasion instead, appearently. Rimuru dies and Veldora gets freed somehow and goes on a murderous rampage. (forgot what happenes next in this part, sorry)
  • As you should know from the TLed sidestories, Ruminas is aware of how the events would "normally" unfold from Chloe but due to Rimuru becoming a True Demon Lord and/or gaining Ultimate Skills and getting freed from the "shackles of destiny" or whatever that is, things go in a completely different direction in the current timeline, which causes Ruminas to be anxious
  • Chloe is not bound by that strange 3-wishes djinn contract until the series almost ends, but in the LN instead gets freed around volume 11, appearently, and Chronoa has actual plot relevance instead of being a last-second deus ex machina
  • 3 primordial Demon Girls, instead of becoming intelligence officiers, they take up very high-ranking government positions in Tempest in the LN
  • Veldora getting mindcontrolled by the Eastern Empire is a deliberate plan by Rudra in the LN, unlike how the WN portrayed it where it was more of a coincidence
  • After Rudra completely outplayed Rimuru, he (or rather just a projection of himself) actually offers Rimuru to switch sides and join the Eastern Empire
  • At the end of vol. 14, after Rimuru was cut off from Veldora after Veldora got mindcontrolled and after Rudra ended the transmission, Rimuru becomes very angry and appearently gets "unleashed" and gets rid of any mental barriers he had, implying the issues he had back in vol. 1 where he "sealed" some skills due to being "too dangerous" had still existed to some extent up to that point.

Well so Rudra is a potential last villain? Well so we Will know the last villain in vol 15 , if Fuse didnt add more story we Will reach great tenma war arc at vol 16, and i heard fuse plan to end this series around volume 20

Yuuki is a subordinate of Guy? Talk about a major change.

Hopefully Rudra is a good villain, better than Yuuki was.

too much stuff to process..😂 apparently the rumor is true , ln is at least a dozen times more fascinating than wn

Might really be Rudra. I don't know more than what I just wrote there myself based on what I heard, but I get the impression that Rudra is very different from the WN, to be exact he is much more active. In the WN he seemed like he was mentally decaying or something, escpacially when he was killed by Yuuki (IMO most cliché and worst scene of the entire WN), but in the LN Rudra seems to do just fine. I wonder what sort of changes were made to Justice King Michael in the LN.

And vol. 15... I hope that THIS TIME we really get to see how Rimuru's PTD form looks, unless his evolution tree ends up being different in the LN for some reason. But damn that vol. 14 cover sure fooled me. I took it for a Sigurd imagry that indicates Rimuru reaching PTD form, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Pretty much done separating the profiles, probably forgot to remove some minor stuff, look back at it later.

Only thing left to do is make light novel profiles for ppl like benimaru and shion.

NeoSuperior said:
Might really be Rudra. I don't know more than what I just wrote there myself based on what I heard, but I get the impression that Rudra is very different from the WN, to be exact he is much more active. In the WN he seemed like he was mentally decaying or something, escpacially when he was killed by Yuuki (IMO most cliché and worst scene of the entire WN), but in the LN Rudra seems to do just fine. I wonder what sort of changes were made to Justice King Michael in the LN.

And vol. 15... I hope that THIS TIME we really get to see how Rimuru's PTD form looks, unless his evolution tree ends up being different in the LN for some reason. But damn that vol. 14 cover sure fooled me. I took it for a Sigurd imagry that indicates Rimuru reaching PTD form, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
in wn rudra is basically nthn but a loser

Celestial Pegasus said:
He is talking about how the mask has the power of infinity and surpasses time
I see. I do wonder what makes the mask so special though.

Honestly, what does the power of infinity do because I don't about it?

Time shenanigans.

From what i have heard and can guess, shizue and rimuru are stuck in an infinite time loop, shizue has to live until she gives the mask to rimuru who then gives the mask to chloe after which shit happens rimuru dies and chloe goes back in time, rinse and repeat.

The time loop ended when rimuru became a demon lord cause rimuru is beyond destiny or something like that.

Celestial Pegasus, thanks! I got to say honestly wow for the Time travel points because it seems so out of a field to me that such a simple mask got a huge boost for it!

The removing sealing of skills point looks like a bad characterization to me for the LN. At last in the WN, Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel) after the Harvest Festival, stated that any beings who against Tempest whether humans (who is was initially found of) or monsters, he will strive to crush them all with no mercy. He had his done in the second war where he and his subordinate killed a

I am not sure if the situation happens in the LN, but in the Wn, I appreciated the characterization as seems more neutral, done really good in the stories, and it is shown that he ha attained proper maturity or growth as a leader of the country. If it happens in the LN then this is a bad characterization.

What I am "reading from the LN" seems more a fit of anger- something that happens in multiple series that it is cliche- and I think if those skills are noteworthy then in some way Rimuru could have prevented all his current issues in the Arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back