• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teen Titans (cartoon) speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I meant ^

"Speed of Light", "Faster than Light", same difference. In-universe, a statement comes up about the characters recognizing someone moving at LS / FTL speeds, which is technically lower than whatever MFTL+ rating we give, but FTL speeds varies by a significant amount and someone whos MFTL getting hit with a LS/FTL attack doesnt 100% spell "outlier". It can also just as much mean the character who blitzed them is a faster MFTL+ person themselves.

Hence my Dypso example. In-universe, characters who are ridiculously high into MFTL+ recognize him moving at FTL speeds. But that doesnt mean Dypso is barely FTL, nor does it mean the other characters who had trouble perceiving him arent FTL all a sudden. Simple answer is Dypso is a faster MFTL+ character, and the same can be argued here with the titans.
main-qimg-c4d57d0a232ce21752cbf76f29a2a2eb.webp

Downgrade Flash 😴

Feat 1
Note: When Starfire was flying through space she wasn’t flying at full speed. If fact she was slouched over and strolling, barely going the speeds she usually does.
Direct scaling of flight speed to travel speed. Exactly what we needed.

Link to Feat 2 of Starfire isn’t working properly though.

Feat 1
Feat 2

Feat 1
Note: When Starfire was flying through space she wasn’t flying at full speed. If fact she was slouched over and strolling, barely going the speeds she usually does.

Feat 1
Feat 2
Note: Starfire saw her planet coming while flying at MFTL speeds.

These are only a few I could quickly scrape up.
In the first two links for Robin, is there proof that the attacks are lightspeed? Were they stated to be light or lightspeed like with the Dr. Light example?

As for Cyborg, I never commented on his travel speed. Him running past Starfire doesn't necessarily prove Movement Speed=Combat Speed.

As for Starfire, again, I never commented on her travel speed.

You can aim dodge and still be close to getting hit. Just because the light was near BB when he moved doesn't mean Dr. Light shot it before BB turned into a bat.
You’re grasping straws my dude. How can you aim dodge a laster that was already fired?

In the first two links for Robin, is there proof that the attacks are lightspeed? Were they stated to be light or lightspeed like with the Dr. Light example?
No, but power scaling exists and these aren’t anti-feats.
As for Cyborg, I never commented on his travel speed. Him running past Starfire doesn't necessarily prove Movement Speed=Combat Speed.
Why would you be able to run faster than you can react? Imagine lazily shifting to the left and crashing into a wall.
As for Starfire, again, I never commented on her travel speed.
Cyborg running > Starfire's flight speed, which is MFTL+.

No, but power scaling exists and these aren’t anti-feats.
I never said they were anti-feats, I'm just asking for evidence that makes what you posted relevant. If you can find evidence, then more power to you.
Why would you be able to run faster than you can react? Imagine lazily shifting to the left and crashing into a wall.
I never said that. I only commented on combat speed which is different from reaction speed.

I never said that. I only commented on combat speed which is different from reaction speed.
You said "Him running past Starfire doesn't necessarily prove Movement Speed=Combat Speed."
We're going in circles. Prove the light was fired before BB moved or drop the example.
Are you blind? The laser was right in front of his face, if he wasn’t any kind of light speed, then he would've gotten hit.

I have more examples for light speed while you have that one anti feat that could be an inconsistency since it's only one example.

Yeah, I still agree with light-speed/FTL Teen Titans.

Also, when I would watch the show, I never thought there was that much an emphasis on powerscaling as much as there was on the skills/powers of a character being the best match for an opponent. This is why Raven can get clapped by someone in spite or being stronger than the others, but Starfire defeats a villain, or vice versa. Not sure if that's helpful, but I thought it was worth noting.

Yeah there are random moments in the show where it’s shown one Titan > all the others. It happens with like, all of them.

You said "Him running past Starfire doesn't necessarily prove Movement Speed=Combat Speed."

Are you blind? The laser was right in front of his face, if he wasn’t any kind of light speed, then he would've gotten hit.

I have more examples for light speed while you have that one anti feat that could be an inconsistency since it's only one example.
Links broken.

combat speed which is different from reaction speed.
Oh Red X pretty much blitzed (with a punch) Cyborg's reactions at one point. Guess twice who Red X's alter ego is. There's also the thing that if Cyborg's reactions were way above everyone else's combat speed then nobody would be able to hit him and well we usually assume combat speed to scale to reactions anyways if it ain't contradicted (I mean this ain't JoJo).

Last edited:
There's also the thing that since the titans traveled from planet to planet they would also have to have manoevered through asteroid belts which would require reactions comparable to the ship's travel speed. + When Robin entered that thing's mouth he didn't crash into anything (and did acrobatics with the ship to get out) and if you say they were going slower than their average speed upon entering (which has no basis) then you have to increase the speed of the ship for the rest of the trip (+them landing on planets) and this for every obstacle they run into.

Last edited:
Anyway, I agree with Medeus, but have not had the time to read most of the recent posts here.

Well if you are interested it is episode 20 “Transformation”. I’m pretty sure we debunked pretty much all of his points (DDM also did not reply anymore for quite a lot of messages). It basically comes down to the plot of the episode not working if reactions don’t scale to flight speed, that if we account for reactions being much slower than flight speed like fighter jet example but much more extreme then they’d be relativistic+ in that episode (Probably more since my calc was lowballed) and that there are several times where Starfire’s flight speed scales to her other speed stats such as when fighting her sister and her clone and Cyborg even outsped Starfire’s flight speed at one point by running.

Last edited:
Okay, but aren't those cartoonish plot induced stupidity inconsistencies then? Especially if Cyborg outran her top flight speed.

I mean it looked a little weird but it was in the middle of a fight so don’t see why it wouldn’t count. Also the Titans react to each other’s clones as well so the Titans being comparable to Starfire(’s flight speed) is a consistent thing.

Starfire telling Robin the secret to move faster than light sounds to me like it could be interpreted as characters like her being able to turn on & off the ability to do so, hence she and Robin don't normally move that fast at all despite being comparable and despite Starfire having just basically stated to be able to move that fast. Should this be the case then her ability to react to things while moving that fast is not a contradiction.

Hmm it depends on if BB’s dodging of those light beams is calced at FTL or not and what exactly Firestar told Robin. But it does make some sense.

Thank you for helping out Eficiente.

So what do you think that we should do here?

Hmm it depends on if BB’s dodging of those light beams is calced at FTL or not and what exactly Firestar told Robin. But it does make some sense.
That is most definitely an outlier, this guys and all the characters in the show who can keep up with them, meaning pretty much everyone, aren't above MHS+. Starfire and Robin entered a room, Star said that and then something else happened, it's both legit info she has and something meant to be funny. And of course she could be meaning as in only ships doing so but the context of it and the show puts it on a general sense.

As far as I know, Ben 10's wanked.
Interesting take. Not remotely the point though. I’m asking why we should randomly assume everyone caps at MHS+ without you providing any anti-feats for the characters scaling to the Titans since we don’t do that for any other verse on the site.

The show's full of anti-feats that people have already pointed out before like Kid Flash moving at lightspeed blitzing everyone, Dr. Light portraying an attack at the speed of light as a super fast attack and hence not as fast as himself even tho he can keep up with the Titans, the environment being sometimes a factor to look over, not superhumans keeping up with superhumans, etc.
So what do you think that we should do here?
Starfire and Blackstar should have their normal speed as "normally" and next to it them being "Massivily FTL+ Reactions, Travel & Flight Speed when travelling faster than light", starting with what Star said to Robin and what I said above about this, then all their feats.

Ideally, there should be a blog with everything calc'd, its context explained and the anti-feats listed, but this help is pretty much as much as I can give to the verse given how I don't have it as a priority.

Well, it is against our usual standards to give characters higher reflexes when flying. We can give them separate flight speed values though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back