• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teen Titans (cartoon) speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Look, short revision since I'm not exactly around anymore.

They consistently dodge blasts from Dr. Light. Dude's tech is light-based, obviously. Supported by stuff in the show as well as the base comics. They should be relativistic, minimum. Calc group should do a calc for it.

One Piece dodges light consistency and half the feats are sub rel

I personally don't consider his techniques as real light.

They bend

The link is dead, and I'm mostly following to see how this goes. But do know of an FTL speed feat Starfire had.

The image King Tempest is posting still looks blank. But Null's video looks better. His beams appear to be blitzing the cast; some of it looks more associated with machine generated electricity. Which emits light rather than it appearing to be weaponized Photons. Though some beams stated to be light speed might be light. But those appear to be the very attacks blitzing everyone.

Look at the first picture on this link

Yeah, that looks more like machine generated electricity then it does real light.

I don't think anyone should downscale from Kid Flash tbh. Jinx should be downgraded if that's the reason.

Haven’t watched the show in quite a bit, though I do recall them evading Doctor Light’s attacks on occasion.

The link is dead, and I'm mostly following to see how this goes. But do know of an FTL speed feat Starfire had.
Just to weigh in on this, there are 2 or more so other FTL feats in the series.

• Blackfire in her debut episode explained to the titans how she was able to escape a black hole while traveling interstellar distances.
  • In a later episode, Starfire explained to Robin the method of being able to travel faster than light (showing that she knows how fast the speed is and gives more credibility to saying she's moved at those speeds before)
  • In an even later episode, that one where Starfire gets that giant zit on her head, she very easily traveled from earth and into deep outer space in a matter of seconds; following that, she travels through space to different planets.
Theres probably more, but these are the ones I remember by heart from what I remember from the series.

I'm pretty sure Starfire has legit FTL flight speed feats as does Blackfire; and those descriptions appear Massively FTL+ outright even. But I'm not sure if that scales to the casts combat speed.

Blackfire's should at least, seeing as how Starfire reacted to her and was able to combat her in speedy aerial battles.

Plus, if this means anything, Trigon created clones of the Titans to fight each other and they were able to keep up with and beat them in combat.

I think that it would likely be an outlier to give all of the Teen Titans characters MFTL+ combat speed, as it would be far too inconsistent otherwise, but MFTL+ flight speed should be fine of course.

From the speed page under flight speed.
As such, we have generally assumed that the characters' regular reaction or combat speeds are roughly equivalent to their flight speeds unless this is clearly contradicted.
Starfire already has massively FTL+ flight speed and it should scale to her reactions. But I don’t understand how it would be inconsistent when every single character, except Kid Flash, scale to each other in speed.

Actually, I recall statements about that assumption getting removed unless there is proof the characters actually fight and fly as those speeds at the same time or actively do fancy loops. Starfire was mostly flying blindly looking places where she could avoid the laughter.

Last edited:
Yes, the characters need to actually show reflexes manoeuvering past objects while flying at those speeds to qualify. If there also are no regular combat speed feats for other characters that come anywhere close to that scale, we have to consider it as an inconsistency/plot-convenience in the storytelling, and we have to be careful to not make our profile pages unreliable from that sort of thing.

Actually, I recall statements about that assumption getting removed unless there is proof the characters actually fight and fly as those speeds at the same time or actively do fancy loops. Starfire was mostly flying blindly looking places where she could avoid the laughter.
If you’re looking for loopty loops,
Yes, the characters need to actually show reflexes manoeuvering past objects while flying at those speeds to qualify. If there also are no regular combat speed feats for other characters that come anywhere close to that scale, we have to consider it as an inconsistency/plot-convenience in the storytelling, and we have to be careful to not make our profile pages unreliable from that sort of thing.
This is something bigger than this thread and would probably need to be revised. As far as I’m aware some characters are arbitrarily MFTL strictly from flight speed alone while some aren’t.

I thought that what I said was already part of our standards, given that we have discussed it quite a lot in the past.

However, even if not, we need to use common sense to not scale characters that are clearly intended to be far less powerful from it. It is a similar superhero story principle to Batman level characters recurrently keeping page with almost Superman level characters.

I thought that what I said was already part of our standards, given that we have discussed it quite a lot in the past.

However, even if not, we need to use common sense to not scale characters that are clearly intended to be far less powerful from it. It is a similar superhero story principle to Batman level characters recurrently keeping page with almost Superman level characters.
That is not the case for Teen Titans at all. Almost every single character, except four or five people, scale to each other, including Starfire. There were multiple times where Robin, or characters on his level, beat the Titans. Robin even beat Cinderblock, one of the strongest characters in the series.
There are no inconsistencies. The writers know how to portray who’s far stronger than who and who scales to each other.

Okay then. Perhaps this show did not follow the traditional power hierarchies then.

Okay. Nevertheless, if all of the in practice combat speed feats are nowhere near well into MFTL+, it does seem unreliable to scale the characters to it.

Okay. Nevertheless, if all of the in practice combat speed feats are nowhere near well into MFTL+, it does seem unreliable to scale the characters to it.
Why though? Characters dodge gunfire, lightning and light with ease. Besides the Titans have reflexes fast enough to maneuver the T-Sub while flying it througgh space at massively FTL+ speeds. I don’t see how it won’t be reliable.

They really don't dodge light all that well; not to mention I don't even think Dr Light's light really is real light. Also, simply operating a super fast ship isn't enough for scaling unless we see Bike Chase Battletoads levels of piloting skills or something. Making them Massively FTL+ via T-Sub would be like making the Star Fox cast FTL in terms of combat speed via piloting Arwings or Han Solo Massively FTL+ combat speed via piloting the Millennium Falcon.

I agree with Medeus. Thank you for helping out.

Besides the Titans have reflexes fast enough to maneuver the T-Sub while flying it througgh space at massively FTL+ speeds.
If this is legit then it should be good backing to scale reactions to flight speed. Can I get a scan? (Cause y'know they don't use Hyperspace like Star Wars pretty sure)

Driving a MFTL+ ship in straight lines over galactic distances does not require very swift reflexes though. Space is almost completely empty relatively speaking.

Starfire used her regular flight, no hyper space. She searched a bunch of inhabited planets until she reached the darkest corners of the galaxy.
The Titans did the same exact thing, using the T-Sub, because they were looking for Starfire. How do you expect someone to search a bunch of planets in the galaxy when their reactions can’t keep up?

Well, the inhabited planets should be at many light years of distance from each other, and, again, outer space is nearly empty. They did not move out of the way of multiple suddenly nearby objects while moving at such speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back