• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninjago Update/Fixing part 4

No idea where u got those sources, waiting for them.
I literally linked the source that says the solar sails that have 800x800 meter surface only generate 5 newtons… idk why would you ignore the bolded link ngl.
And also note that Solar Sails feats by light irl are done in far longer times than Lloyd's beams
Which.... Makes Lloyds beams being light even more unlikely?
Im getting tired of these excuse when u can clearly see that the enemies has 0 time to react
You literally don't see what's happening because the camera keeps moving around and shaking while everyone on screen is also moving.
And idk why are you still stuck on this since I already mentioned like 5 scenes where the opponents clearly have time to react and do so.
Explain how Lloyd blast creates additional light
Same way 99% of energy beams in fiction do so?
Dodging the light rays from a source of light is technically a speed feat
That's again, not what I'm arguing against. The issue is that dodging a light source itself doesn't equate to dodging the light produced by it. Meaning dodging Lloyds energy blast's doesn't mean you have to dodge the light the blast produces.

Same way I can throw my phone at you but you won't have to dodge the light produced by my phone to dodge the phone itself.
Im using the military laser as an example of light being used when weaponized
And I'm telling you that's a false equivalence due to massive amount of differences in how they behave.
Congrats for realising light can emit heat and blows thing up
What? Light doesn't blow things up on its own, the things it hits blow up themselves because their explosive (such as gunpowder or electronics).
That looks like he just imbued it with the energy since it's green, does make the wood turn into chalk, and doesn't seem to produce smoke. And idk if you knew this but green lasers don't create green fire....

But that doesn't matter because the point is that if his energy beams are actually just really strong lasers they should produce enough heat to instantly vaporize any wood they touch and we literally see him push himself upwards by shooting his energy beam towards wood. That's such a massive anti feat for the beam being considered light on so many levels.
I already gave you the source for the 0.5kg per 800x800 area in the first bolded link.
If you wanna know the source for the 20 million mark then here. But I find it very funny how you don't question the validity of a random character saying "it's light or energy, I dunno" but you question me saying a giant spacecraft would cost 20 million…
I don't see staff make up "the camera is shaky"
I didn't make it up the camera was literally shaky in that scene 😭😭😭.
Do you realize any micro movement or reaction by the opponent would completely disqualify the feat as evidence since a 100x speed boost should statue the opponent?

Meaning not being able to clearly tell whether they moved at least an inch in reaction completely invalidates the evidence. So the camera moving around to where you can't clearly tell exactly how or if the opponents were moving makes it impossible to use as evidence.
and "it makes no sense, he'll be octillions faster than light" in a verse where light speed is a thing since the pilots era.
That's actually such a crazy thing to say. Does the weakest of Lloyds blasts outscale the lasers from early Ninjago by actual trillions of times? 😭
The Goddess Beams were deflected by metal just like Lloyd's blast was against Chen.
They didn't reflect off of metal by Chen. The energy ball stayed on Chens body for a moment and he visibly thrusted it back

Where it blasted Lloyd away before even exploding, further proving it has mass.
Those scans don't show lasers themselves blowing up. Furthermore they don't matter because that's a different series with different context. This is just pure whataboutism.
Naruto's Photon Gun dodging feat also includes the laser causing an explosion, yet was accepted
Ironically that speed feat is meant to be removed in a verse wide speed CRT.
Ironically Lloyds energy beam is more similar to something like Itachis water bullets which have a much more solid piece of evidence calling them light speed, or Daruis laser circus which has a much more reliable statement of being lasers, both of which were rejected.

Daruis lasers were actually rejected mainly because they physical throw Kinkaku away same way Lloyds blasts do.
Also, according to a now retired CGM in this thread, light projectile causing explosions and having physical force are not longer disqualifiers
Retired CGM with 4 year old information ≠ current staff member.
Because being stated to be possibly made of light,
The statement always catches me offguard. Because this is a statement made by a character who has no realistic way to know the composition of Lloyds energy beams, and literally ends with "I dunno".

In other words your main evidence is a statement by someone who has no way of knowing what he's talking about and literally admits he DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.
Like yeah it may not look like light, behave like light, or interact with other things like light, but this character says it might be light even tho he doesn't know what he's talking about so it's totally legit
This literally shows the energy ball hitting a metal object and pushing it out of Pythors hands. If it was light Pythor should have been unaffected and the ball should have reflected back to Lloyd. So again you're proving yourself wrong.
No, it's not being reflected on water. The light produced by the energy beam is, not the beam itself.
Fire and lightning also produce light that reflects on water, but that doesn't mean they themselves would be reflected on water nor does it mean fire and lightning move at the speed of light.
Same thing as with water.
traveling on straight lines
Bullets also travel in straight lines. Hell I can run in a straight line. Just because all light travels in a straight line doesn't mean everything that travels in a straight line is light.

You're once again misunderstanding. Traveling in a straight line isn't a qualifier to be light. It's a REQUIREMENT.
one possible disqualifier (Explosion argument doesn't count)
There's way more.
1. The statement is made by an unreliable source
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
2. They display clear mass-like behavior such as pushing objects and people away against objects such as wooden floors.
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans.
3. It travels at different speeds (since the energy beams Lloyd uses in his weakest and strongest form should naturally not be equal)
  • It is shown at different speeds in the same material.
Although for number 3 I'm too lazy to search for evidence. Issue is even if I concede they do not increase in speed, the verse would get hard-capped at baseline FTL due to one of its top tiers using SoL attacks. So again pick your poison.
and should grant a possibly rating at least
No. Just straight up no. Vague statement as a basis + blatant anti feats + lack of supportive evidence = no rating at all.
Think what you want, still waiting for staff
Sure 👍

Same way 99% of energy beams in fiction do so?
Light illuminating =/= Additional Light

What? Light doesn't blow things up on its own, the things it hits blow up themselves because their explosive (such as gunpowder or electronics).
Light's heat can blow things up

That looks like he just imbued it with the energy since it's green, does make the wood turn into chalk, and doesn't seem to produce smoke. And idk if you knew this but green lasers don't create green fire....
The OP shows a scan of Lloyd producing smoke with a blast...
But that doesn't matter because the point is that if his energy beams are actually just really strong lasers they should produce enough heat to instantly vaporize any wood they touch and we literally see him push himself upwards by shooting his energy beam towards wood. That's such a massive anti feat for the beam being considered light on so many levels.

I didn't make it up the camera was literally shaky in that scene 😭😭😭.

Do you realize any micro movement or reaction by the opponent would completely disqualify the feat as evidence since a 100x speed boost should statue the opponent?

Meaning not being able to clearly tell whether they moved at least an inch in reaction completely invalidates the evidence. So the camera moving around to where you can't clearly tell exactly how or if the opponents were moving makes it impossible to use as evidence.
That's the biggest appeal to visuals ever, bc most of these scenes aren't shown from the Ninjas perpective

They didn't reflect off of metal by Chen. The energy ball stayed on Chens body for a moment and he visibly thrusted it back

Where it blasted Lloyd away before even exploding, further proving it has mass.

The blast was litterally expanding and blowing on Lloyd

Those scans don't show lasers themselves blowing up. Furthermore they don't matter because that's a different series with different context. This is just pure whataboutism.
They do matter. Read the panel again

Convo moved here anyways

Last edited:
Back