• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tarmiel's Ocean Proper Calc (Please Comment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The highest end of 6-B is 100 Teratons and you said it yourself that the Archangels are 10 Teratons so is it that big of a stretch for the Gods to be Likely High 6-B at full power via a long scaling chain and a multiplier? Because even if The One Escanor is just 1.25x stronger than Tarmiel the Gods would still be High 6-B at full power with that 8x multiplier. Since 1.25x 10 Teratons is 12.5 Teratons. If you multiply that by 8 it would just barely become High 6-B.

So shouldn't base Galand only be like 6-C or something since he totally trashed Sealed Wraith w Lostavayne Mel, but got trashed by Unsealed Mel? Galand is like the Ban of the Ten Commandments in terms of power.

I don't think we can concretely say that the Demon King or the Supreme Goddess is 8 times stronger than The One.

(I know about them dividing their power into Commandments/Graces, etc. but I think it's a bit more nuanced than simple multipliers).

Well if we don't use multipliers than I agree the gods shouldn't be High 6-B. But if we do than I'm pretty sure at full power they could be Baseline High 6-B.

I think that the less we use multipliers, the better until another feat comes that we can calc and upgrade with.

@Versus That might work considering that he's stronger than King's True Spirit Spear as well as Meliodas as you mentioned before Meliodas' power was unsealed. Those characters are both at least High 7-A+ anyways.

Galan in base sliced through Tarmiel and he even tanked an Arc bomb to the face from him, despite being susceptible to it. He then turned CO and even threw it back. Galan being low 6B to 6B is a fair assessment given his portrayal during the war. He just turned to the punching bag / hype tool - unfortunately - later on.

> Galan in base sliced through Tarmiel

Tarmiel was elementally intangible. That doesn't count.

That works too.

Also about Galand I think it's better to just rate the weaker Commandments as High 6-C+. Characters like Galand have been portrayed as being far weaker than the stronger Commandments.

He was. Tarmiel flowed back together with water. He didn't use their sparkly regen.

488036E0-BFBA-48F0-82F0-3CCB837DACF8
Yeah Tarmiel did use his intangibility sloosh is the sound effect of water which was shown in the bottom left panel.

Intangibility were if he would have went through him.

He clearly affected and sliced him. Tarmiel regenerated. Thats all there is too it.

He did go right through him (splitting him apart without hurting him), and Tarmiel flowed back together with a sound effect of flowing water... Archangel regen has a specific appearance.

Elemental intangibility doesn't mean Galland would just phase through him.

Also at this point I'm pretty sure the Archangels like Sariel and Tarmiel have terrible durability. So hurting them is really not that impressive anymore. Sariel and Tarmiel's durability should also be downgraded.

Their current profiles have their durability because they took attacks from 2C Mael who was roughly as strong as they are. However they never tanked any attacks they were heavily injured by those attacks and resorted to Regenerationn in order to survive. Not to mention there have been other cases where they have been instantly pierced by attacks that weaker characters were able to tank albeit with damage.

It doesnt matter what kind of Regenerationn he used. Tarmiels elemental intangibility means whatever contact is made is effectively phasing through.

http://93.190.142.23/manga/Nanatsu-No-Taizai/0263-004.png

http://93.190.142.23/manga/Nanatsu-No-Taizai/0263-009.png

Which has not happened. Galan simply cut throuh Tarmiels body. Whether he regained afterwards or not is of no importance.

Not to mention Galan tanked this:

http://217.23.10.62/manga/Nanatsu-No-Taizai/0206-007.png

http://217.23.10.62/manga/Nanatsu-No-Taizai/0206-008.png

While being naturally susceptible to it and Tarmiel getting scaled to 10Teratons.

-

Weaker feats do not disqualify stronger feats from being applied. And Galan has them.

-

As for the Archangels: Durability doesnt mean you have to no-sell attacks. It means you can take whatever AP is thrown at you and keep going.

You just showed a page where Mael pierced Tarmiel's body while he was using Elemental Intangibility similar to what happened with Galand.

Also Arc is really inconsistent. Why can a Divine Lance Corporeal who are far weaker than Commandments in the Trolls side story somewhat injure Unsealed Base Meliodas with her Arc but a Four Archangels' Arc couldn't take out the weakest Commandment weaker than said Meliodas despite having a higher power lvl?

Regenerating through elemental intangibility then, same thing. All I'm saying is the feat isn't as simple as you're making it out to be. I don't think Galand cutting him in half is a legit AP feat given Tarmiel's intangibility.

I'm pretty sure the Sariel and Tarmiel are glass cannons. Only Ludoshel was shown to take attacks from the likes of Indura Derrieri without getting his body instantly destroyed. Sariel instantly got his bones crushed by 2C Mael who was almost comparable to him in power. While Tarmiel was pierced by a single attack from Monspeet a character that is supposed to be far weaker then him. Not to mention there have been other glass cannons in NNT. Melascula was a magic user just like Sariel and Tamriel and was also shown to be glass cannon as she was hurt by Ban.

I agree with Damage and Peter. Even if Galand legit cut through them, I'm inclined to call this an outlier since someone weaker than those two uttery trashed Galand

Also, they wrecked Estarossa after getting even a little bit serious, who has a much higher physical strength then someone like Critical Over Galand and Derieri.

I believe that may have also been Nakaba giving us a small showcase of what he would later show with their Graces. Similar to how Sariel used a small portion of his Grace during the battle when fighting Derieri.

I think that RavenSupreme makes sense.

RavenSupreme said:
This is an extraordinary absuse of Powerlevel scaling and in virtually no other series would this fly. The very best we have is 10 Teratons due to a FC Multiplier which gets scaled to the Archangels and everyone comparable or above.

You are basically arguing for a literal one thousand percent increase in assigned tiering just because of inverse powerlevels. That's absolutely not applicable.
This.

Oh, I thought you where just mindlessly agreeing with scaling Galand to Tarmiel. But yeah, everyone agreed with not massively upscaling the Gods like that.

From what I've heard we aren't going to be using the Gods multiplier of being 8x stronger than The One Escanor. Since there are still some problems with it. So we settled with just At least 6-B Likely much higher.

Okay. I don't have an opinion about the other arguments.

I was against High 6-B because the multiplier doesn't go there. But in their full power state, they'd be 6-B+.

I'm strongly against treating staff members as deciding authorities on verses.

Well, staff members are more intended to evaluate if what the people who know about verses say seems to make enough sense to be applicable.

Staff members solely deciding on verses matters is as inacurrate as people who agree on certain things regarding that verse agreeing with each other and deciding the matter.

My proposal is to therefore first scale everyone where there is no opposition and then come back to Galan in the form of a separate revision thread. Until then his base tier may be treated as "Unknown" with only his CO form getting the 6B scaling.

That is a massive appeal to authority fallacy.

You're basically implying that Staff can argue whatever they want and can always be right. And the normal users are almost certainly going to be wrong in some shape or form. Are you forgetting that more often than not the most knowledgeable people on many verses are not staff?

Anyways, there's no reason whatspever to scale Galand to half of Tarmiel's power. When Unsealed Meliodas who is also scaled to that uttery trashed him.

If anything, it would imply that Archangels are glass cannons. Or it's just a atraight outlier.

How many durability feats do the Archangels really have?

Also, did Derriere use her Combo Star when she stabbed Sariel in the eye? Because that's pretty bad if just base Derriere can hurt him that much.

@VersusJunkie

No, I am saying that much of the entire point of having a staff is to select the people who seem the most reliable, rational, unbiased and levelheaded in the wiki, and then have them help out with evaluating the arguments in content revision threads.

If they would not, there would be either pure chaos that never gets resolved within the discussions, or just relentless severe exaggerations of statistics, since the most knowledgeable people are recurrently also severely biased for their favourite franchises.

This is our system. It has worked well for us so far, and despite its flaws it is much better than the alternatives. If you are going to be a part of this wiki, you will have to learn to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back