• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Takeshi Wakatsuki vs Gaolang Wongsawat

Well Waka definitely has the strength advantage. I'm giving Gaolang the skill advantage, at least in striking. Not to diss Waka, but Gaolong was able to outbox and outstrike Agito, even after he evolved several times. Waka, from what we know, got destroyed by Agito. To add to this, a lot of people note that it is Waka's super stregth that makes him so dangerous, rather than his technique. His normal blows are considered KO punches to normal people, so that means that most people get flattened before it turns into a battle of skill.

Waka grappling is a concern, not necessarily due to his skill (even Muteba notes he can't compare to guys like Meguro), but due to his strength and the fact that Gaolang is a striker. Gaolong has shown in his battle against Kaneda that he has some counter measure against holds and throws, but I don't know how that would work against a person of Waka's strength.

Here's the way I see it going down: Gaolong starts the match by using his superior striking and ability to read intent to dance around Waka and pepper him with Flash, doing his best to avoid Waka's blows and takedowns.

Waka is gonna be taking low to mid damage from this since he's so tanky. Once he realizes he can't match Gaolong in a battle of technique, he's gonna start a physiological battle and try to get Gaolong with a grapple. Or he's gonna get make Gaolang think he want to grapple, when in reality he wants Gaolong to focus on avoiding the takedown so he can hit him with a Blast Core while he's off guard.

I'm slightly leaning towards Waka. Even if he's less skilled, the fact of the matter is that he's ridiculously strong, and knows how to use that to get into his opponents heads. Gaolong knows how to keep his cool, but he's gonna be hard pressed against Waka's super muscles and grappling. If Waka can get this to the ground, then Gaolong's pretty much done. Not because he's less skilled, but because Waka's just too strong. Muteba needed to rely on pressure point strikes to break out. And if Gaolong gets hit with a Blast Core? He's not gonna walk away from that.

Tl;dr Waka via superior strength and mind games

Back