• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragons and Tigers: Wakatsuki Takeshi vs Yang Xiao Long

Here we go

Both are at 8-A, Post Haven Yang and Omega Wakatsuki are being used.

Speed is equalized, winner via TKO.

Battle takes place in the Kengan Dome.

Wakatsuki scales above 400 tons.

Yang's AP is: Queen Lancer (Undamaged by 250 tons) < Arma Gigas (Stomped the Queen Lancer in three hits) < Vernal (Oneshot the Arma Gigas) = Post Haven Yang.

Wakatsuki:0

Yang:0

Ohma curbs both:0

Last edited:
Yang's AP is: Queen Lancer (Undamaged by 250 tons) < Arma Gigas (Stomped the Queen Lancer in three hits) < Vernal (Oneshot the Arma Gigas) = Post Haven Yang

E1hkAD6WEAY2anF.png

Lmao. I don't remember the chain but I know you posted it in another match. I'll grab it rq.

Yeah NVM I can't find the chain lol.

From what I remember Waka scales a **** ton above Ohma who himself scales a **** ton above 400 tons. As in, Waka physically >>> Ohma, and Ohma needed to redirect Waka's power with Demonsbane to beat him.

And scales way higher via Blast-Core, but from what I remember of Asura the scaling goes something like this.

Wakatsuki = Julius >>>> Unleashed Advance Ohma = 100% Removal Raian >>> Advance Ohma Raian >>> Dying Ohma = 400 Tons.

Blast-Core can one shot Julius who's equal to or >>> Wakatsuki's base stats. For the record I don't think AP is gonna be a massive factor here given they're both similar enough in that department but I would say Wakatsuki takes the edge there via sheer numbers alone.

And scales way higher via Blast-Core, but from what I remember of Asura the scaling goes something like this.

Wakatsuki = Julius >>>> Unleashed Advance Ohma = 100% Removal Raian >>> Advance Ohma Raian >>> Dying Ohma = 400 Tons.

Blast-Core can one shot Julius who's equal to or >>> Wakatsuki's base stats. For the record I don't think AP is gonna be a massive factor here given they're both similar enough in that department but I would say Wakatsuki takes the edge there via sheer numbers alone.
Pretty confident in saying that Julius is superior to Wakatsuki in base stats. But yeah full agreement on the chain. Thank Ohma for fighting in a dying state in the tourney

Julius was superior to Waka, yeah. Waka only won because he hit Julius with a kick in his jaw, a weak point which is present in both IRL and Kengan, otherwise Julius was superior in raw stats

Otherwise the scaling chain is accurate ye.

Julius hits harder because of a bigger frame, in terms of sheer strength without frames taken into consideration they'd be equal as stated.

I mean that'd still mean Julius was above Waka in terms of striking power, but, I see you're point. As you said, AP prolly isn't even the deciding factor of the fight.

I doubt Waka will bring out Blast Core against Yang unless she really pushes him, so, she has a chance to not get one-tapped.

Wakatsuki would likely struggle with Yang's Semblance given how similar it is to Ohma's Demonsbane minus the Formless aspect which seriously messed Wakatsuki up.

Also he'd probably be hesitant to even consider using a Blast-Core if she can reflect one of his basic attacks back at him since he'd find it similar to a Demonsbane.

It's similar but it's not really Demonsbane, though. Similar effects but two entirely different abilities. I think Waka would see that pretty early on.

Don't invoke Takeshi's trauma with Niko Arts. Poor guy's suffered enough.

Also Yang's dust bullets are gonna be annoying for sure. Range game is on her. Also saw that LS for both is Class M for both and higher for Yang with her Semblance. Grappling's probably not going to work if she goes there

Don't invoke Takeshi's trauma with Niko Arts. Poor guy's suffered enough.

Also Yang's dust bullets are gonna be annoying for sure. Range game is on her. Also saw that LS for both is Class M and higher for Yang with her Semblance. Grappling's probably not going to work.
Waka literally never grapples, pretty sure it's the same for Yang. I doubt either of them will try that.

Also Yang's dust bullets are gonna be annoying for sure. Range game is on her. Also saw that LS for both is Class M for both and higher for Yang with her Semblance. Grappling's probably not going to work if she goes there
Yang is 90x stronger though

Waka scales above 6342 tons of force, while Yang scales above 570494.86 Tons of Force

Yang is 90x stronger though

Waka scales above 6342 tons of force, while Yang scales above 570494.86 Tons of Force
Waka still never grapples lol. In fact he'd actively try to avoid getting grabbed, he's seen plenty of characters who rely on that.

It's similar but it's not really Demonsbane, though. Similar effects but two entirely different abilities. I think Waka would see that pretty early on.
Yang's Burn is arguable more potent than Demonsbane but the mechanics are effectively identical

They're similar enough in functionality for Wakatsuki to be focused on it, as we see in Kengan people often confuse attack reflection as Niko Style moves so there's a chance Wakatsuki would do the same. Point being he'll try to avoid it to the best of his ability.

Waka literally never grapples, pretty sure it's the same for Yang. I doubt either of them will try that.
Yeah scratch that it was more "Grab and punch" rather than actual grappling. (Reread the Fei match)

They're similar enough in functionality for Wakatsuki to be focused on it, as we see in Kengan people often confuse attack reflection as Niko Style moves so there's a chance Wakatsuki would do the same. Point being he'll try to avoid it to the best of his ability.
I feel like he might misjudge it initially but considering how much of a veteran he is, he could figure it out that 'his attacks are strengthening Yang' instead. Most of the fighters adapt pretty fast

How does Burn even work again I forgor-
Yang absorbs the sum total amount of energy she is hit with in combat, multiplies it by 2, and then adds it to her own strength and hits back with that level of strength when she activates it

I mean based on Weekly's assumption it's not really attack reflection, more like Attack absorption. Yang wouldn't really be doing it through some sort of technique, Waka would just be noticing that she's getting stronger as he attacks, so, it's not a conventional Martial skill like Waka has seen before.

I mean based on Weekly's assumption it's not really attack reflection, more like Attack absorption. Yang wouldn't really be doing it through some sort of technique, Waka would just be noticing that she's getting stronger as he attacks, so, it's not a conventional Martial skill like Waka has seen before.
Fair enough.

The thing is she doesnt get passively stronger with each hit so there wouldnt eve be anything to notice, she stores the energy and then uses it all at once, usually righ at the end as a trump card to catch the opponent off guard or catch them in a spot where they cant avoid it

The thing is she doesnt get passively stronger with each hit so there wouldnt eve be anything to notice
Yeah but eventually Yang is going to activate Burn and eventually Waka is going to notice the strength increase either way. It's just a matter of when she does it, really.

There isnt really any indicator that it would be strengthening her though, it doesnt passively make her stronger, she has to activate it
Huh always thought it was passive. Nvm then lol. But yeah in that case it's a bit obvious when Yang uses it. I feel like she could get the advantage on raw stats on that. How long does it usually last?

Btw I'm surprised Takeshi doesn't have Analytical Prediction with how many times he and Muteba did that to each other.

Yeah but eventually Yang is going to activate Burn and eventually Waka is going to notice the strength increase either way. It's just a matter of when she does it, really.
Given that this is post-haven Yang, there wont really be enough time for him to 'eventually' notice, she stockpiles Burn until she can catch the opponent in a spot where they cant avoid it and then uses it all at once, which would screw Waka over a lot if he tries for the 'grab and punch' style of combat or the judo he is listed as using

Given that this is post-haven Yang, there wont really be enough time for him to 'eventually' notice, she stockpiles Burn until she can catch the opponent in a spot where they cant avoid it and then uses it all at once, which would screw Waka over a lot if he tries for the 'grab and punch' style of combat or the judo he is listed as using
Waka doesn't actually use Judo techniques. It's just something anyone would normally do, grab someone to hold them in place and proceed to punch.

Waka doesn't actually use Judo techniques. It's just something anyone would normally do, grab someone to hold them in place and proceed to punch.
Yeah that would backfire real quick when his opponent is physically 90x stronger and can just grab him back in turn and unload all of her stockpiled energy in a single punch while he cant get away, basically winning the same way she beat Adam

Wakatsuki's endurance is crazy to the point where even with her Burn I don't think she can knock him out. He took hits from Divine Demon Fei who was 40x his base form and for Fei to knock him out he needed to go above 40x and even than Wakatsuki got up minutes afterwards.

Yeah that would be bad if Yang starts doing that. That said, Julius can kinda do the same.

I feel like Burn is likelier to activate before Julius uses his first Blast Core. Even with all the stat buff on Yang through that, it feels like Blast Core would kinda screw her up.

Yeah that would backfire real quick when his opponent is physically 90x stronger and can just grab him back in turn and unload all of her stockpiled energy in a single punch while he cant get away, basically winning the same way she beat Adam
Read what Gin said. Waka took a relentless beating from a guy who was that much stronger than himself, and even if he lost, he still put up a fight. Yang can't simply take him out with Burn.

Back