• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragons and Tigers: Wakatsuki Takeshi vs Yang Xiao Long

Wakatsuki's endurance is crazy to the point where even with her Burn I don't think she can knock him out. He took hits from Divine Demon Fei who was 40x his base form and for Fei to knock him out he needed to go above 40x and even than Wakatsuki got up minutes afterwards.
If Yang goes the route she normaly does of stockpiling until the very end of the fight, she can more than likely surpass that, especially when she's already taking hits from an opponent a bit above her level in power. Yang's Burn allowed her to absorb the energy of Adam's Moonslice multiple times, with Moonslice functioning identically to Burn with the only difference being that the energy was absorbed through a weapon instead of the body, and then hit with 2x that level of power.

Also, gotta ask, does Burn increase Yang's durability? Cause uh, a direct hit from Blast Core would prolly one-tap her, if not shatter her aura completely. Especially important if she takes to long to use Burn before Waka busts it out.

Also, gotta ask, does Burn increase Yang's durability? Cause uh, a direct hit from Blast Core would prolly one-tap her, if not shatter her aura completely. Especially important if she takes to long to use Burn before Waka busts it out.
It does yeah, as her lifting strength

Not sure if it would shatter her aura outright seeing as she can take tier 7 level hits without it breaking but it would definitely hurt

Yang goes the route she normaly does of stockpiling until the very end of the fight, she can more than likely surpass that, especially when she's already taking hits from an opponent a bit above her level in power.
Waka would come the the realization that her strikes are getting heavier and more powerful, while he isn't as smart as Gensai he'd still be able to notice that his attacks are making her stronger and would proceed to play a different route rather than fueling her further.

Waka would come the the realization that her strikes are getting heavier and more powerful, while he isn't as smart as Gensai he'd still be able to notice that his attacks are making her stronger and would proceed to play a different route rather than fueling her further.
But thats not how Burn works though, she activates it manually, it doesnt gradually make her passively stronger so there wouldnt be anything to notice. Its why she is able to use it to catch opponents off guard because when she activates it her power just instantly skyrockets.

I mean even if Yang activates Burn that doesn't mean the damage she takes instantly goes away. There's no telling whether or not she'd be able to even properly hit Waka with a Burn-enhanced attack since he's way stronger than her without it, damage he delivers will effect her, and apparently, she only activates the ability late in the fight as a battle finisher.

I mean even if Yang activates Burn that doesn't mean the damage she takes instantly goes away.
I mean...it kinda does? Aura + Regen means that until her aura is gone, shes going to be pretty much fine other than temporarily feeling he pain of the blows she's taking
There's no telling whether or not she'd be able to even properly hit Waka with a Burn-enhanced attack since he's way stronger than her without it
Yang without Burn is 90x stronger than Waka physically and they are fairly close in AP with only a minor edge in AP to Waka just from having a higher starting yield. If he tries to grab her, she just grabs him back and hes not getting away.

I want to lel, I'm waiting for RWBY people to make an argument, or just anyone, for Yang.

Also I've long since finished both Asura and Omega, so my knowledge is fully up to snuff now.

🔥

Anyway, I think before we progress in the debate any further, we should talk about things like skill and stamina.

I believe we've come to the conclusion Yang has higher AP with burn, so, that's settled, at least.

Yeah Yang definitely has the AP advantage. Part of me wants to say that either Waka has the skill advantage by a slight margin or they'd be about even.

Wakatsuki is a skilled fighter in Kengan but within the same token he isn't nearly as skilled in combat as the likes of Ohma, Gensai, Kanoh, and his style is very straightforward unlike The Niko Style, Formless, etc.

Yang definitely holds the agility advantage although Wakatsuki has experience in dealing with opponents who are much more agile than him so it wouldn't be much of factor.

Both actually share the same weakness with struggling against others who have a "soft" style (Opponents like Neo for Yang and Hatsumi & Fei for Wakatsuki.)

Wakatsuki is definitely taking the stamina advantage hands down, actually he would take the stamina and endurance advantage as he scales above the likes of Teen Ohma who spent a week getting his shit kicked in by Niko and Teen Agito who fought for weeks in a large Gu ritual (I.E dozens of people are placed inside a chamber with no food or water and forced to fight to the death.). Omega Wakatsuki is comparable to Omega Kanoh who scales to Lu Tain who survived an even bigger Gu Ritual than Teen Kanoh to completion which is supposed to last months.

Both actually share the same weakness with struggling against others who have a "soft" style (Opponents like Neo for Yang and Hatsumi & Fei for Wakatsuki.)
To be completely fair in Yang's case that isnt entirely accurate for this key, Yang's only fight vs Neo was in Volume 2, was a bad metric for Yang in general not only because Neo at the time was lightyears ahead of her in raw skill, but Yang was exhausted and sleep deprived in that fight as well as her fighting style mainly being 20% skill 80% punching the opponent hard, something she overcame after the first timeskip where she overcame the majority of her hotheaded tendencies in combat and started focusing more on precision and skill in her fighting style.

Wakatsuki only suffers against those with more technical skill than himself because his fighting-style is straightforward and as such fighters with more precision/a focus on defensive techniques can deal with him easier. Yang isn't this kind of fighter, so, it's not really a weakness she can exploit.

Back