• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Take me seriously now?! (DMC5 Nero VS DMC4 Dante)

BlastX

He/Him
Because shenanigans (Whatever you want it to be, could be Nico or whatever) Nero ends up in the past right after Dante starts to leave Fortuna after The Savior was defeated.

(I hope this isn't a stomp)

It's Nero in his DMCV self post-game While Dante is in his DMCIV post-game (meaning no Yamato since he gave it to the Nero of the past), but he has access to all his other weapons (he can have Yamato if this proves too tough for him).

Match takes place on the outskirts of Fortuna.

In character and they win via knockout.

Dante blushes a pretty pink after Nero kicks his ass (Nero):

Nero is still a kid (Dante):

They go eat pizza after fighting for hours (Incon):

EDIT:Dante now has access to Yamato and Majin form to make this slightly more fair.

Majin form is canon? I thought that was an extra now that DMCV introduced the SDT forms (basically majin but actually is part of the story)

DMCV Nero is canonically > DMCIV Dante though.

And Majin should still be canon, it's supposed to be the true form of Dante's DT if I'm not mistaken.

This is kind of a stompy match. Nero at the end of DMC5 should be roughly comparable to End Game Dante, and Vergil, who by this point are far beyond Urizen. Urizen stomped Early Game Dante, who shouldn't be too far above DMC4 Dante.

So basically

DMC5 Dante (Sin Devil Trigger) = DMC5 Vergil (Sin Devil Trigger) >=? DMC5 Nero (Devil Trigger) > Urizen (Post Fruit) > Urizen (Pre Fruit) >>>> DMC5 Dante (Early game) > DMC4 Dante

AogiriKira Sorry but I feel like DMC5 Dante (Sin Devil Trigger) > DMC5 Vergil (Sin Devil Trigger) because Dante has 2/3 of Sparda's power and Vergil only has 1/3.

ABoogieYesSir said:
AogiriKira Sorry but I feel like DMC5 Dante (Sin Devil Trigger) > DMC5 Vergil (Sin Devil Trigger) because Dante has 2/3 of Sparda's power and Vergil only has 1/3.
I have to say....so? Vergil and Dante were dead even when they fought.

ABoogieYesSir said:
Doesn't matter, as they were still equal when they fought at the end and the game further pushed that as if Nero didn't interfere they would have killed eachother. Also the fact that Vergil got amped from the Qlipoth fruit so.

Yeah, DMC5 Nero stomps hard. DMC5 Nero was at least relatively comparable to DMC5 late-game Dante, who had Sin DT. DMC5 late-game Dante smashed post-fruit Urizen while early-game Dante got smashed by pre-fruit Urizen. Just the power difference between early-game and late-game DMC5 Dante is massive, and presumably he's gotten at least slightly stronger since DMC4. If DMC5 Nero's AP is even mostly comparable to DMC5 late-game Dante, then it's a complete and utter AP stomp for Nero. The only way I think Dante could get an advantage here is through the Yamato, so he has some hax.

Welp I did change the OP a little so Dante has Yamato and Majin Form to close the gap a little but I guess it doesn't matter

Would anyone close this?

AogiriKira said:
This is kind of a stompy match. Nero at the end of DMC5 should be roughly comparable to End Game Dante, and Vergil, who by this point are far beyond Urizen. Urizen stomped Early Game Dante, who shouldn't be too far above DMC4 Dante.
So basically

DMC5 Dante (Sin Devil Trigger) = DMC5 Vergil (Sin Devil Trigger) >=? DMC5 Nero (Devil Trigger) > Urizen (Post Fruit) > Urizen (Pre Fruit) >>>> DMC5 Dante (Early game) > DMC4 Dante
Im sorry what? DMC5 Nero is comparable to DMC5 Dante and Vergil? Hell naw dude. They were tired, hell Dante was freaking out of breath, and just fell down after the punch from exhaustion. And vergil really ain't any better, he's just trying to be a cool daddy so he doesn't show it.

And before anyone says being tired is not a big deal.

During DMC3 Dante, vergil and Mary all got instantly fodderized by a completely casual Jester, to the point that an angry vergil couldn't even damage him and same for dante even though Jester was a freaking pleb to them the whole series and Jester even addmits "if you had been at full power you would have reduced me to confetti" and proceeds to stomp them. And the DMC3 fight was the exact same scenario as it was in DMC5, just vergil and dante fighting at full power then Jester/Nero coming in at the last second to appear strong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09IpDe7V8ZE. Nero is not as comparable as you guys are making him out to be.

Exhaustion changes speed, not durability. Nero still damaged them in their endgame forms. He's not gonna win against them at full power, but he's still higher than DMC4 Dante by a longshot.

It changes the AP of vergil and dante though. Again a exhausted vergil was getting pummeled by a fodder like jester. Hell, jester even took them 3 on one and was kicking them in the walls. Nero is the exact same case. Just being peak power jumping into 2 people who've been fighting for hours, and pummel them.

In this case exhaustion does change durability as they are demons so their healing will be tired among other things. Something jester abused to stomp the trio, but Nero didn't in the exact same scenario?

Nero slapped Dante so hard it nearly killed him, and then fought a Vergil who repeatedly went Devil Trigger, used the same moves, and only ever showed his exhaustion by stopping and fighting at a slightly slower pace. He also only ever stopped for a break after Nero damaged him.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Nero slapped Dante so hard it nearly killed him, and then fought a Vergil who repeatedly went Devil Trigger, used the same moves, and only ever showed his exhaustion by stopping and fighting at a slightly slower pace.
I could say the same about Jester, who acomplished a similar feat by again kicking dante vergil and mary to the walls 3 on 1 in a single move. And the "almost killed me" was a joke. Right after that they proceed to punch him the same way and leave. If it were a deadly punch Dante wouldn't be saying "yeah do what you want, imma sit this one out".

Except Nero got back up from being punched by both Dante and Vergil with no issue, while Nero's punch made Dante spill blood and knocked him down for good several minutes, right after he was walking up to Nero.

It didn't knock him out. It was just a momentary drop due to being hit while being tired. Same as how it took both him and vergil several seconds to get up after being simply pushed by Nero, just because they were so tired it was hard for them to even stand.

Even after recovering from that b*tch slap he just answered vergil and fell down again. It was "not" due to the insane potency of Nero's attack. And nero got up cus he wasn't nearly as tired, not to mention that dante and vergil didn't punch him nearly strong enough (he was knocked back FAR more than dante was though, keep that in mind too).

Again jester did the "exact same thing" to dante vergil and mary, but on a FAR greater scale (a punch from a worn out vergil and dante knocked nero back, whereas jester took them all 3 head on and didn't even budge, and let me not begin with the fact that even an angry attack from yamato was useless against Jester and it's YAMATO, you know, the thing that could still pierce nero even though vergil was tired, jester could toy with it using his fingers).

And even with all of this, Nero is still only moderately below them, because they clearly weren't so tired that they couldn't fight at all, and Vergil still uses the Yamato to slice through dimensions with judgement cuts.

I don't think so, Nero's always had strength be his defining feature. And I'd say the gap is too small to really matter.

Also, the entire Jester scene reeks of PiS.

Yeah I know that but he should be able to withstand the power of his own attacks (that's a rule in ficiton unless it's proven otherwise, right?)

Not a rule in fiction. That's a physics rule. Newton's Third Law establishes that you every action has a counter-reaction of the same magnitude in opposite direction. So if your punch is 800Tons strong, your durability should be the same if you don't get harm from that punch.

It'd be proven otherwise if the punch hurts you and you can't stand that level of power.

KnightOfSunlight said:
I don't think so, Nero's always had strength be his defining feature. And I'd say the gap is too small to really matter.

Also, the entire Jester scene reeks of PiS.
Not pis. Calling it pis when it has a very important factor that was explained to be the reason, is completely baseless. Jester was peak power whereas they weren't except for mary but she's fodder either way.

And no he's not even moderately comparable to dante or vergil. The difference between him and vergil is greater than the difference between dante vergil and Mary combined and jester. As jester completely fodderized them as a group. Vergil couldn't even hurt him with yamato and he wasn't even trying to accomplish these feats. Whereas nero even in full power giving his all had a major fight against an exhausted vergil. Not even close. And don't you even try to argue they were more tried against jester as even after getting fodderized they had the strength to get back up. Whereas in dmc5 both dante and vergil were having trouble breathing, dante even passed out for the duration of the fight and given how they are equal, the same could be said about vergil.

One more thing to prove that exhaustion is a HUGE factor on dmc. Right after vergil came back in dmc5 he completely trashed dante, and said go heal up and rest. After that they were equal. This just goes to further prove my jester point. Nero is NOT as comparable to dante and vergil af you're making him out to be. You cannot scale him from thay fight as it would be like scaling jester form his fight and jester performed FAR better than Nero did in his same shoes, stopping the same yamato that casually impales Nero in his fight.

Back