• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Laser, pls don't kill me: Satoru Gojo vs Nero Sparda

Just so you all people that post here know, Nero can resist infinity since it is a basic power that demons can resist.

Well, Satoru's Domain Expansion causes brain damage, I guess ? Would Nero's Mid Level regeneration cover that ?
Don't think Mid regen covers mental damage... I don't think anyways. It's not like it causes the brain to turn into actual mush or anything after all. Just overstimulates.

Don't think Mid regen covers mental damage... I don't think anyways. It's not like it causes the brain to turn into actual mush or anything after all. Just overstimulates.
That means it went directly into the brain's functions, and Nero can heal that if he can heal his whole brain (he scales to Young Dante who had his head blown by a shotgun)

But assuming Nero doesn't heal from Domain, how in character that is to Gojo ?

That means it went directly into the brain's functions, and Nero can heal that if he can heal his whole brain (he scales to Young Dante who had his head blown by a shotgun)

But assuming Nero doesn't heal from Domain, how in character that is to Gojo ?
But stimulating the brain with information isn't physically damaging it... Regen covers physical damage to the body and soul.

It's pretty in-character. In-character enough at least that people had to build a convoluted plan around it to make sure he wouldn't just use it on them and end the fight immediately. Against Sukuna he spammed Domain Expansion like 4-5 times. Against Jogo he used it to interrogate him. He didn't use it when he was a Teenager, but at the time he couldn't use it.

He doesn't open with it though.

But stimulating the brain with information isn't physically damaging it... Regen covers physical damage to the body and soul.

It's pretty in-character. In-character enough at least that people had to build a convoluted plan around it to make sure he wouldn't just use it on them and end the fight immediately. Against Sukuna he spammed Domain Expansion like 4-5 times. Against Jogo he used it to interrogate him. He didn't use it when he was a Teenager, but at the time he couldn't use it.

He doesn't open with it though.
Well this isn't my field, so I asked help from ChatGPT:

Stimulating the brain with information or mental activities does not cause direct physical damage to neurons. In fact, the brain is a highly adaptable and dynamic organ that responds to stimuli and cognitive challenges in a positive way. Brain activity, such as learning, problem-solving, and even simple exposure to new information, can result in changes in brain structure and function, a phenomenon known as brain plasticity.

Brain plasticity refers to the brain's ability to reorganize its synaptic connections (the connections between neurons) in response to stimuli and experiences. This can lead to the strengthening of existing synaptic connections, the formation of new connections, or even the elimination of connections that are not used frequently. Plasticity is a key part of the brain's learning process and adapting to new challenges.

In summary, stimulating the brain with information and cognitive challenges does not physically harm neurons, but can actually lead to positive changes in brain structure and function, improving the ability to learn and adapt.

In normal and healthy conditions, exposure to an almost infinite amount of information would not cause direct physical damage to the brain. The human brain is remarkably adaptable and can process a surprising amount of information throughout a lifetime. Brain plasticity allows the brain to adjust and learn from new information, strengthening synaptic connections and adapting to cognitive demands.

However, there are limits to the amount of information the brain can efficiently process, and overwhelming it with too much information in a short period of time can lead to mental fatigue, stress, and temporary cognitive difficulties, such as difficulty concentrating and burnout.

Furthermore, the quality and relevance of the information play an important role in how the brain handles it. Too much irrelevant or disorganized information can overwhelm the brain and make the learning process less effective.

So, in theory, exposure to an almost infinite amount of information would not cause direct physical damage to the brain, but it may have negative consequences for mental well-being and the ability to effectively process such information. It's important to balance the amount of information with cognitive processing capacity and take care of mental health when dealing with large volumes of data or information.
Soooo I guess Mid regeneration won't cover it, let's move on

Nero's first move depends on the distance, considering SBA, he very likely will open with a Low-Godly Regeneration Negating Attack bullets with his Blue Rose, and he apparently resists Infinity. If Gojo trusts Infinity to the point of not caring about dodging attacks, this can be over quite quickly if Nero hits a vital point or even something like an arm or a leg, if it doesn't heal, Gojo would eventually die (I think?), but Nero's aim ad weapon mastery is massive and very likely will be precise

That's considering the scenario where Gojo doesn't open with Domain

Well this isn't my field, so I asked help from ChatGPT:
Soooo I guess Mid regeneration won't cover it, let's move on
Uhm.. okay.. Just for future reference, I wouldn't use ChatGPT as a crutch in a versus match-up. I always think doing critical thinking or perhaps asking knowledgeable members of the verses in question would probs be better.
Nero's first move depends on the distance, considering SBA, he very likely will open with a Low-Godly Regeneration Negating Attack bullets with his Blue Rose, and he apparently resists Infinity. If Gojo trusts Infinity to the point of not caring about dodging attacks, this can be over quite quickly if Nero hits a vital point or even something like an arm or a leg, if it doesn't heal, Gojo would eventually die (I think?), but Nero's aim ad weapon mastery is massive and very likely will be precise
What do you mean by he resists infinity out of curiosity?
That's considering the scenario where Gojo doesn't open with Domain
Me personally, I think he's more likely to start by spawning blue on him or using red.

Uhm.. okay.. Just for future reference, I wouldn't use ChatGPT as a crutch in a versus match-up. I always think doing critical thinking or perhaps asking knowledgeable members of the verses in question would probs be better.
It was the fastest way to just drop that argument and focus on the battle, normally I wouldn't use, hope you didn't mind
Me personally, I think he's more likely to start by spawning blue on him or using red.
But does he trust on Infinity for defense, ever caring to dodge attacks ?

This is important because both have enough options to start a ranged fight at first, but while Nero doesn't "trust" his regeneration and avoids attacks despite having it, I wonder if Gojo does the same considering Inifnity is such a broken thing in his verse

It was the fastest way to just drop that argument and focus on the battle, normally I wouldn't use, hope you didn't mind
I don't mind. Just from how quickly you used it, I assumed it might've been common practice.
But does he trust on Infinity for defense, ever caring to dodge attacks ?
Inconsistent on that department. Sometimes he doesn't try, sometimes he tries his best to evade it. I would think after using Six Eyes to read the abilities of his opponent here, he may opt for dodging.
Not only demons can resist mind fuckery from the demon world but they actively search for a certain item that does what Gojo DE does on steroids
Where's uh... where's information manip on that things page? Gojo uses info manip to paralyze and kill people.

what? i dont remember BH harm the user mind by infinite information (I think you are misinterpreting the Precog, besides Chen was 3/4 Sparda)
Chen literally says he got infinite knowledge from the beastheads. The reason he doesn't get harmed is because demons are immune to that shit.

Anyone can use the beastheads (Ducas did, the fodder that got it at the beginning of the novel and could go hand to hand against Dante, etc), Demons are just immune to its effects

Chen literally says he got infinite knowledge from the beastheads. The reason he doesn't get harmed is because demons are immune to that shit.

Anyone can use the beastheads (Ducas did, the fodder that got it at the beginning of the novel and could go hand to hand against Dante, etc), Demons are just immune to its effects
Even if that's the case, Chen had a LOT more juice than a regular Demon at this point, no ?

I thought that Ducas not was a true demon, i guess i remember bad
Ah no, he isn't a demon but he could use the beastheads statue form for a while before getting eaten.

I'm talking about the succubus Beryl fought at the beginning of the novel, same demon that after getting the beastheads was able to fight a casual Dante quite well honestly.

By the way, purple is still a wincon for Gojo
Read the demon physiology page.

The Nero that is being used her is PRE Yamato /pre DT so he doesn’t have the mid godly feat here, purple if I recall just turns anything it touches form from real to unreal so I’m not sure if low godly will no sell it.

His first ability section has this so I assumed it also meant mid tier sparda heritage. Also purple just erases something from existence as it is currently accepted (arguably just deconstructs though).
Mid Tier Demon Physiology (Mid Tier & Sparda Heritage)

His first ability section has this so I assumed it also meant mid tier sparda heritage. Also purple just erases something from existence as it is currently accepted (arguably just deconstructs though).
The sparda heritage is separated into keys and the mid godly feat has its separate level in the page, either way from what I could tell hollow purple only EEs the body and soul while not affecting the mental aspect ,so Nero should come back from that, correct me if I’m wrong tho.

The sparda heritage is separated into keys and the mid godly feat has its separate level in the page, either way from what I could tell hollow purple only EEs the body and soul while not affecting the mental aspect ,so Nero should come back from that, correct me if I’m wrong tho.
This is pre DT Nero, why we talk about this?

Back