• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swordsman Showdown: Renshio vs Darkness Blade (One Punch Man)

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
Two sword users, both very strong and alike. Who would come on out top?

Setting: Rural Japan, clear skies, normal weather.

Rules: Blooslusted, speed equal, Renshio has no armor on. Renshio has Fenrir.

Pages: Renshio & Darkness Blade.

No. He has only one encouter with another profile and that was a victory. He defeated the first incarnation of Dmitri, a cyborg above peak human capabilities.

They are form the same series. Basically, Renshio won due to having an advantage with his sword's electrical enchantment. Renshio was hurt in said battle, however. And he was even inside of armor during the battle, which had a durability above Dmitr's AP, however enough Wall level attacks can destroy a building. And that's basically what went on, Renshio took allot of damage, but survived long enough to win.

I'll try to give my opinion on this, Hop.

In terms of AP, it seems that both are of at least 9-C, with Ren being on the higher end of it. Though DB has a possibly 9-B rank on him due to being scaled as "slightly below that of an enhanced bear", it's noted that the scanning can be inconsistant. Still, i believe that it's VERY VERY close even if you take it into face value. DB just only has a very slight AP advantage but i don't think it's that much of a difference.

The main difference here is their durability, tho. Renshio is of Peak Human level while DB is of the higher end of Wall level with the possiblity of being higher. So here, Ren's going to be taking a while to take down DB while DB just needs ONE GOOD HIT to take out Ren. That is of course if he can get through Renshio's Form 1 & 2 techniques...

DB doesn't have much stuff other than being able to cut people in half. Ren has his Fenrir which allows him to do fire and electricity attacks, so he can do some extra damage to DB on top of having two martial arts forms that are superior to that of DB's.

Intellect-wise, i say that Renshio got's that. DB doesn't think and analyze his opponenbts and whatnot when going into battle, while Ren is of a martial artist and tho he has "average level intellect", he should still be able to think and analyze ways to take down DB.

This is quite an interesting match up, Hop. Really dig it. Now back to here. It's kind of tough and i feel that this is close but given Renshio's stuff despite his inferior durability, i think that he can pull this off in the end to get the victory. It won't be easy but if he's careful enough throughout the fight, i believe that he can do pull it off eventually.

@Cross

Thanks for you input!

Now, regarding Renshio's durability: Dmitri can strike him as hard as he could, and Renshio would remain conscious, however hurt enough to effect him in battle. I made them to be near-equals, with the exception with lifting strength, inteligence, and speed (remember with his Ki enhancement Renshio is subsonic, the lower end of which, and it would be that way even if he had his armor).

Renshio is the better fighter in many ways. But Dmitri is fast and strong enough to be 5/10 (even match) challenge. Their gear and experiences are very different however. Same with background. One see's the other as an insult and abomination, the other see's a disruption to the way of the world, and a massive danger to others around them.

No problem.

Well given where you put him at, i feel that all Darkness Blade needs is just one good hard hit and it's over....for the most part.

Then again, i think Peak Human is like around 9-C level in durability, now that i think about it. Hmm....

True, but he is an master fighter with a nearly unstoppable sword. It's going to be a while, and that assumes he can keep up just barely. But that durability is very... yeah, a sword can cut through that.

Yup. And Darkness's is that of a higher level but i feel that with Renshio's skills like his 2 Forms plus that of his sword that allows him to conjure fire and electricity attacks and being careful, he can do this. Of course given DB's superior dura, it'll be a while...

Its any kind of elemenal attacks. This includes, wind, earth/rock, water, ice, metal (which is just an increase in the swords durability and mass, and therefore striking strength) and lightness/darkness (its just controlling the amount of light that is in the immediate area).

It says "such as" in the profile. I'll add these to it so we know.

Ooooo....well even then, that just gives Renshio more of a win here then. Simply put, all DB seems to have is a slight AP advantage and higher durability. Whereas Ren, although he doesn't have his armor on here, has a sword that apparently allows him to do more than two elements and two fighting forms that should allow him the victor here.

But i do find this as a very close and interesting match up, no less.

i was going to say something, but Cross said what I was going to say, so I agree with his reasoning and say that Renshio would win but with difficulty.

^Yup, basically what i think of this as.

Anyways, this is about 2 in Renshio's favor, 0 for DB's. We can wait for about another 1-2 votes and wait a bit longer after in case someone else likes to give their opinion.

It's only two so far that voted, eh? Well if you can get at least one more for Renshio, then after that you can add the result on his page.

Just to let you know, Hop.

After looking at both profiles, Cross said everything I wanted to say.

I vote for Renshiro for reasons above.

And that's 3 for Renshio, Hop.

As i said, you can add this at anytime you like here.....though technically 4 votes is the actual minimum, 3 is the less number to go by for now seeing how small and less active we are in the other Battles wiki (i.e VSBW and JBW).

Understood. And we can just assume I vote for Renshio. Considering in the future he gets an upgrade. And to be fair with his armor, he'd survive a long ass beating.

Back