• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Consistency of Saitama’s normal punch, along with an armored Boros durability suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm going to stop following this thread, there's no way my opinion can change anything... I'll only come back if something or new information comes up.

Well it was worth a shot, I wasn’t particularly fond of it either, so I won’t push it

how about another point then, the guidebook says released Boros and casual saitama had rivaling abilities, and that also said “will saitama, whose one punch strategy has buried so many powerful enemies, be cornered like this

IMG_1185.png

It’s heavily implied by this that the one-punch used against armored Boros wouldn’t have one shot released Boros, and I’m sure we’d both agree at least that released Boros being > the one-punch was the intention
would you at least be willing to go with a possibly rating? There’s definitely got to at least be a 30% chance that reward Boros is an enemy that isn’t one-punchable
And it wouldn’t make much sense either that an attack that was only capable of breaking his armor (without damaging his body) would be able to completely one shot his released form, or else every enemy that broke his armored wouldn’t have been unable to last against his released form as he implied.

Ziller, I am being genuinely serious when I tell you that you need to get off the Boros train. At this point you're just coming off as wanting upgrades in any way possible for Boros, trying any avenue you can think of.
I really don’t need the accusations from someone who’s made most of his personality and reputation finding ways to squeeze out as many downgrades as he can
keep things relevant to the discussion for goodness sake.

I really don’t need the accusations from someone who’s made most of his personality and reputation finding ways to squeeze out as many downgrades as he can
keep things relevant to the discussion for goodness sake.
It's not an attack on your character, it's genuine advice. I'm not saying you need to change your opinions on Boros or whatever, but you need to appear less desperate.

And I'm aware of my own reputation. I've made modifications to my own behaviour online too.

It's not an attack on your character, it's genuine advice. I'm not saying you need to change your opinions on Boros or whatever, but you need to appear less desperate.

And I'm aware of my own reputation. I've made modifications to my own behaviour online too.
I am also completely aware that I am just going for Boros upgrades, and I’m not gonna be in denial about it
the way the wiki is structured is that profiles are the result of different people making CRTs to adjust the profile in a way that they personally feel is more correct, so it usually all just cancels out into a middle ground
I am biased in support of Boros upgrades, because Boros right now is ranked far lower than my personal scaling, and I’m simply pushing to shape it more to my vision, as does everyone who makes a crt. If I really got my way, Boros would be tier 4 and scaling to Blast, and if certain other people got their way, Boros may be, say, high 6-C and only scaling above Gouketsu
The fact that Boros isn’t either of those things means that both sides are just going to be constantly pushing for downgrades or upgrades until it’s close enough to satisfy them, but at the moment we’re still at a middle ground, which means both sides are still biased
so honestly, I don’t think it matters much. I am biased and I like Boros upgrades, you are biased and like Boros downgrades, it’s not a crime.

This page appears to be the crux of the current proposal. I'll do my best to explain why this doesn't convince me that Boros is solidly High 6-A via scaling to Saitama's generic punch.

Boros talking about Saitama "withstanding [his] unleashed power", or "keeping up with his power" (depending on the translation you use) contextually has to do with Saitama being too durable for Boros to take down and being fast enough to keep up with Boros' attacks. We don't see exactly what took place during their off-screen fight in the manga though the anime does elaborate on it to show that the "fight" at that point solely consisted of Boros punching Saitama to no effect, Saitama moonwalking away from him, and then finally Saitama throws a punch of his own and blows off Boros' arm. In the manga we can see that Saitama is a little scuffed up indicating that Boros has been hitting him but made zero progress on actually hurting him.

The important thing though is that nowhere does Boros indicate that Saitama is suddenly displaying a lot more power than he was when he fight attacked Boros and destroyed his armor. He doesn't say "Oh, you were holding back earlier" or "Oh, the amount of energy in you suddenly leaped upwards when we started fighting."

That amount of strength Saitama uses against him is not objectively shown to be any higher than when he first hit him.

To put it another way; Boros' understanding of Saitama's power went from this:

Saitama's Strength >>>> Boros' armor.

To this:

Saitama's Strength >>>> Released Boros > Boros' armor.

I don't think that anything about the portrayal of the fight or Boros' words indicate that we have to accept this proposed understanding instead:

Saitama's 2nd Punch >>>> Released Boros > Saitama's 1st Punch >>>> Boros' armor.

I just don't see that objectively being the case at all. From what we see, Saitama completely destroyed Boros' armor with a casual punch and he tore off Boros' arm effortlessly with a casual punch. I don't think we should be scaling Boros to Saitama's punches at all.

Other arguments like "Released Boros fought Saitama so he must have believed he would be stronger than Saitama's punch" just don't work because Boros is not infallible. He routinely makes mistakes in his judgement. Aside from the other examples I mentioned, his response to being punched in the chest so hard that his chest caved in and he vomited blood was to say "You are worth defeating, Saitama," plainly not yet catching on to the massive strength difference between them.

So I don't think there's anything really left to say on the topic from my perspective.

Last edited:
That makes sense, I was previously confused about why Saitama's second punch was considered any stronger than his first one, when in reality Boros didn't mention any difference between the punch he previously received and the second one that destroyed arm.

Furthermore, being able to "keep up" is related to speed more than anything, and Saitama not punching back up until that point further confirms it.

Released Boros have no business scaling from Saitama's casual punches.

Considering how we all agree that Released Boros is far superior to his Armored Form's durability due to his being shocked ths Saitama, who was able to break the armor apart, could match and survive his attacks, this would still support the notion that Released Boros is superior to Orochi.

Saitama's opening punch completely pulverized Orochi's body. The same body that could withstand the force of the Gaia Canon without issues.

Comparing it Boros, Saitama's opening punch was only ablento beak his armor into relatively large chunks before Boros took it off, and although this means that Armored Boros absolutely doesn't scale to Saitama's opening punch, it means that he would scale above Orochi's durability.

With Released Boros scaling for above Armored Boros, that means that he would scale as well.

Considering that Saitama never threw a punch up until that point, he could be just surprised about Saitama's speed being able to keep up with him for so long.

Boros: "Quite impressive you could last this long against my released power...!"

The words I have bolded imply two things:
  • Boros is surprised at how long Saitama has been able to keep up with, meaning he was referring to the whole fight and not just that last hit.
  • The word "last" implies that he is also surprised by Saitama's durability, for being able to keep fighting after taking many so hits from Boros.
None of this implies Boros being comparable to the power of Saitama, as Saitama didn't threw a single punch during that moment of the fight, it's just a matter of speed, stamina, and durability what he is truly surprised about.

Alright, I know it won't do much but I'll just go ahead and address these points, and then add on at the end
Boros talking about Saitama "withstanding [his] unleashed power", or "keeping up with his power" (depending on the translation you use) contextually has to do with Saitama being too durable for Boros to take down and being fast enough to keep up with Boros' attacks. We don't see exactly what took place during their off-screen fight in the manga though the anime does elaborate on it to show that the "fight" at that point solely consisted of Boros punching Saitama to no effect, Saitama moonwalking away from him, and then finally Saitama throws a punch of his own and blows off Boros' arm. In the manga we can see that Saitama is a little scuffed up indicating that Boros has been hitting him but made zero progress on actually hurting him.
Well using the details of the anime for this particular fight is a bit of a choice, considering there are a few notable changes, and the entirety of the scene that you're using was a part of the fight that was entirely non present in the manga, meaning that the evidence you're using would fall under the following information from our canon page
In addition a tertiary canon will be allowed. The tertiary canon consists of official adaptations not overseen by the author, which do not modify or contradict source material. When other source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that contradict the tertiary canon in the depiction of the feat, the others take precedence. And here as well, if the feat is correctly depicted over multiple canons any of these can be used to judge the feat. Should by judging the feat through primary or secondary canon a different result be reached than for tertiary canon the result of primary or secondary canon will have priority.

• Entirely new feats of tertiary canon, like for example new abilities, should be disregarded. Details added to existing fight scenes, such as damage caused to the surroundings, can be accepted for text based media like books.
  • Any changes based on tertiary canon will only be accepted if they are not contradicted by any instances of another canon, with regards to either the character power-scale, or logical inconsistencies (and plot holes).
so essentially, the anime holds no weight in this department, given that the entire scene is technically non present in the manga
it is an anime-only scene, so it really can't be used as counterevidence
especially anime Boros of all things...
anyways, you're forgetting the biggest thing of all
Released Boros never believed he was physically stronger than Saitama after his arm got punched off.
Lets say for the sake of the argument that the anime is canon, even so, Boros never stated he was confident after taking the first punch from Saitama
remember, the first time saitama punched him, he immediately acknowledged the fact that he could withstand/last against his released power. The only thing being implied is that Armored Boros being hit by a high 6-A punch from Saitama did not show enough power to convince him that Saitama would be able to last against released form.

The important thing though is that nowhere does Boros indicate that Saitama is suddenly displaying a lot more power than he was when he fight attacked Boros and destroyed his armor. He doesn't say "Oh, you were holding back earlier" or "Oh, the amount of energy in you suddenly leaped upwards when we started fighting."

That amount of strength Saitama uses against him is not objectively shown to be any higher than when he first hit him.
And that is where the burden of proof comes on your end. Allow me to explain.
As you'll recall from the OP, Saitama uses the same one-punch strategy when killing monsters, and that he judges strength based on if they are capable of surviving the one-punch or not.
Saitama's 2nd punch cannot be proven to be consistent, nor would it be logical for it to be consistent
besides the fact that Boros being surprised that the person who threw the attack he already felt the power of a few seconds ago would be able to last against him makes little sense, it would be equally illogical for Saitama to throw the same punch at Boros that has already shown to be non fatal.

Also, the anime guidebook specifically states that the armor Boros wears was not for protection, meaning that the chances of him being unharmed by an attack that tore his released form's arm off is slim, something already heavily implied in the manga.
ioPkuOZ.png

To put it another way; Boros' understanding of Saitama's power went from this:
Saitama's Strength >>>> Boros' armor.
To this:
Saitama's Strength >>>> Released Boros > Boros' armor.
I don't think that anything about the portrayal of the fight or Boros' words indicate that we have to accept this proposed understanding instead:
Saitama's 2nd Punch >>>> Released Boros > Saitama's 1st Punch >>>> Boros' armor.
This is precisely true, except you're omitting the details that make the scaling valid to begin with
Saitama's strength to Boros was high 6-A, because he took a high 6-A punch from him and wasn't yet convinced that he was able to withstand released Boros
Saitama is a 4-A character, Boros doesn't know this yet, Saitama hit him with a high 6-A attack, Saitama (in Boros' mind) is at least high 6-A
Saitama, a 4-A character, hits Boros again, and Boros didn't think Saitama (at least high 6-A) would be able to keep up with that, so Boros realizes that Saitama is stronger than him, and then continues to battle, eventually getting to the point of using his energy blasts and regeneration to wear Saitama down over time.
So yes, your chains are accurate, but they only mean anything when you leave out what "Saitama's strength" actually means to Boros in each instance
Other arguments like "Released Boros fought Saitama so he must have believed he would be stronger than Saitama's punch" just don't work because Boros is not infallible. He routinely makes mistakes in his judgement. Aside from the other examples I mentioned, his response to being punched in the chest so hard that his chest caved in and he vomited blood was to say "You are worth defeating, Saitama," plainly not yet catching on to the massive strength difference between them.
Meteoric Burst Boros still had crazy good high mid regen (even better in the anime) and the option of using more of his latent energy, which he can release at will
and he does so soon after when he uses collapsing star roaring cannon, after concluding that he was outmatched

also I should point out that Boros is seemingly made out of goo without any bones (kinda like Orochi's material) so it's not as if Saitama broke his ribs there or anything, in addition to the other points
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzc3NTc2NzM0NzIlMkY5MTcyNTY3NDgwMDIzNDA4ODQlMkZwXzI4LnBuZw==

anyways, one top of all that, there are the other points that you probably didn't see cause of stuff, so I'm just gonna bump those back up as well
how about another point then, the guidebook says released Boros and casual saitama had rivaling abilities, and that also said “will saitama, whose one punch strategy has buried so many powerful enemies, be cornered like this

IMG_1185.png

It’s heavily implied by this that the one-punch used against armored Boros wouldn’t have one shot released Boros, and I’m sure we’d both agree at least that released Boros being > the one-punch was the intention
would you at least be willing to go with a possibly rating? There’s definitely got to at least be a 30% chance that reward Boros is an enemy that isn’t one-punchable
And it wouldn’t make much sense either that an attack that was only capable of breaking his armor (without damaging his body) would be able to completely one shot his released form, or else every enemy that broke his armored wouldn’t have been unable to last against his released form as he implied.
anyways
Furthermore, being able to "keep up" is related to speed more than anything, and Saitama not punching back up until that point further confirms it.
neither cubri nor viz translations say "keep up" Therefir, the scans damage and I sent show that.

The words I have bolded imply two things:
  • Boros is surprised at how long Saitama has been able to keep up with, meaning he was referring to the whole fight and not just that last hit.
  • The word "last" implies that he is also surprised by Saitama's durability, for being able to keep fighting after taking many so hits from Boros.
None of this implies Boros being comparable to the power of Saitama, as Saitama didn't threw a single punch during that moment of the fight, it's just a matter of speed, stamina, and durability what he is truly surprised about.
AP roughly scales to durability bro, and Boros is a seasoned veteran so he's probably even more aware of that fact than us powerscaling internet users
Boros didn't assume an established to be at least high 6-A guy would be able to withstand his released power, that's just the fact of the matter.

As I've said, my post above is my last argument on the topic. I'm not convinced by the above post to change my stance.

(The anime stuff isn't really necessary for my argument and I don't believe it to be canon, I just brought it up in case you were to mention it after I said we don't see the details of the fight in the manga)

AP roughly scales to durability bro

AP does not scale from durability. Not in that way.

The armor was certainly not for protection, although they seemed to be more durable than the walls of the core, which are High 6-A.

Although I don't see this as a strong proof of Boros scaling from Saitama's punch, since the armor was broken into pieces. If the armor had survived the blow, then yes I would agree with Released Boros scaling up from Saitama's punch.

As I've said, my post above is my last argument on the topic. I'm not convinced by the above post to change my stance.

(The anime stuff isn't really necessary for my argument and I don't believe it to be canon, I just brought it up in case you were to mention it after I said we don't see the details of the fight in the manga)
Well your last response is incomplete, because it seems you left out a major part of the stuff you were supposed to be responding to.
Don't stonewall so close to the end man, come on and follow through. As you said earlier, a staff's duty is supposed to come to an impartial conclusion, which means hearing out the entire set of arguments.
AP does not scale from durability. Not in that way.
You know exactly what way I was referring to.
The armor was certainly not for protection, although they seemed to be more durable than the walls of the core, which are High 6-A.
They're high 6-A and scale to a completely different value at the moment. I've tolerated you admittedly choosing not to read the OP and half the arguments until this point, and continuing to speak anyways, but man at least check the facts on the profiles.
If we're going to say that the walls scale to partially withstanding Boros flying to the punch for whatever reason though, then just take a look at Boros completely obliterating the thickest pillars in the room
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMjc1Njk3MDA5MTQlMkY5MTcyNTY1NTcxMjM3NDc5MDElMkZwXzMyLnBuZw==

The word "last" implies that he is also surprised by Saitama's durability, for being able to keep fighting after taking many so hits from Boros.
Durability is directly correlated to AP. Boros was shocked that Saitama could withstand his blows, with said blows being superior to his Armor's durability

What do you think it should be done? Calling a few staff members with voting power to read your last comment and Ziller's last response so that they can come to a conclusion about Released Boros's scaling?
??????
You do realize that I literally lectured you yesterday on how insanely important it is for people to read through the entire OP and at least more than 2 messages?
Seriously man why would you encourage calling in more people to join in at the last minute, the stuff you're doing is screwing up the thread so badly.

@ZillertheBucko I never said the walls are scaling from the same value, I don't know where you got that impression from. I've already gone through your main argument, if it was as good as you think it is, this thread would have ended ages ago.

Anyways, considering Damage is willing to let the staff decide which argument is better, I don't think they are trying to stonewall anything.

??????
You do realize that I literally lectured you yesterday on how insanely important it is for people to read through the entire OP and at least more than 2 messages?
I'm quite sure both Maverick and Qawsedf234 have already done that, I'm not sure what are you trying to accomplish here anymore.

if it was as good as you think it is, this thread would have ended ages ago.
I'm just going to say that this is not how it necessarily works in the slightest
I'm quite sure both Maverick and Qawsedf234 have already done that, I'm not sure what are you trying to accomplish here anymore.
The way you worded it was suggesting that we get additional staff, not the ones who were already present. I don't really have much of a problem with Damage choosing to ping Qaws or Maverick

going back though, just gonna show one more thing

Boros is punched directly into a throne room pillar and doesn't even knock it down, while a punch from Boros knocks Saitama completely through one and damages another in the same way.
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDQwMTk3NTcwODYlMkY5MTcyNTYxMDkzOTg1ODk0OTAlMkZwXzEwLnBuZw==
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMjc1Njk3MDA5MTQlMkY5MTcyNTY1NTcxMjM3NDc5MDElMkZwXzMyLnBuZw==

this is an entirely new point by the way, so I'd at least like to hear Damage's opinion regarding it
it's not something covered previously, so I think there's incentive to, since it wouldn't be going back and forth about points we already have before.

I actually think that's a good point, although it have some issues:
  • How much energy was absorbed by the armor that couldn't be translated into the pillar.
  • Saitama was in the air at the moment of being punched, and since they can't fly or were actively trying to put any resistance, they would be launched harder.
  • How much resistance Boros put up at the moment of being punched, he was certainly prepared to fight.
But yes, Boros' punch did send Saitama flying harder than when he was send flying at the start of the fight.

@Damage3245 What do you think?

• How much energy was absorbed by the armor that couldn't be translated into the pillar.
  • Saitama was in the air at the moment of being punched, and since they can't fly or were actively trying to put any resistance, they would be launched harder.
  • How much resistance Boros put up at the moment of being punched, he was certainly prepared to fight.
But yes, Boros' punch did send Saitama flying harder than when he was send flying at the start of the fight.

Boros got completely blitzed by the first punch, so he didn't get a chance to put in any resistance
But I think we agree that this is worth a bit more discussion at least.

I actually think that's a good point, although it have some issues:

Environmental damage is not something totally consistent in OPM.

Saitama punches Garou down into the surface of Io and causes a pitiful amount of damage. He also sends Garou way, way further with his earlier punch in the fight yet here he only sends him a couple meters. But by all accounts Saitama should still be punching with 4-A levels of energy, yet the results of his punches are inconsistent.

But my bigger issue with it gets back to the root of the original issue which is that I don't believe Saitama always starts off every single fight with High 6-A punches.

And I don't want to get into another huge discussion when we're still trying to wrap up this CRT.

Yeah I had the idea you would mention that about environmental damage (and the only reason it was accepted in the other case was because the core was explicitly stated to be more resilient than the rest of the ship, and only as a possible rating).
And I don't want to get into another huge discussion when we're still trying to wrap up this CRT.
Understandable.

Environmental damage is not something totally consistent in OPM.

Saitama punches Garou down into the surface of Io and causes a pitiful amount of damage. He also sends Garou way, way further with his earlier punch in the fight yet here he only sends him a couple meters. But by all accounts Saitama should still be punching with 4-A levels of energy, yet the results of his punches are inconsistent.
I mean, yes in that specific case against garou it was inconsistent, but the material of Boros' ship is specifically noted for its durability, and every time Boros throws out powerful blasts the damage is particularly highlighted. Highly doubt it wasn't intentional considering all the other evidence.
But my bigger issue with it gets back to the root of the original issue which is that I don't believe Saitama always starts off every single fight with High 6-A punches.
He only does so when willing to kill
and I've personally searched for every possible counter and put it into the OP
bad time to wrap it up, considering you also ignored everything brought up below
Well it was worth a shot, I wasn’t particularly fond of it either, so I won’t push it

IMG_1185.png

"We need to wrap this up" doesn't mean "ignore important arguments" either.
I mean, I'm the one who's been bumping it for 2 months, so I don't see what gives you a reason to be more urgent about this being closed than I am.

That being said I am really sick of this as well
I’ll say that this shouldn’t still be open by the end of today.

but the material of Boros' ship is specifically noted for its durability, and every time Boros throws out powerful blasts the damage is particularly highlighted
Keep in mind this would only be applicable if the part that Boros destroyed was stated to be stronger than the one Saitama destroyed, but they are the same material (this is why it was so difficult to get Armored Boros' durability rating to High 6-A, even when the ship's durability was scaling to the High 6-A moon jump).

Personally, I can see something like this working "His punches caused greater damage to the ship's core room than Saitama's first casual punch, which is strong enough to obliterate Orochi's limbs"

Keep in mind this would only be applicable if the part that Boros destroyed was stated to be stronger than the one Saitama destroyed, but they are the same material (this is why it was so difficult to get Armored Boros' durability rating to High 6-A, even when the ship's durability was scaling to the High 6-A moon jump).

Personally, I can see something like this working "His punches caused greater damage to the ship's core room than Saitama's first casual punch, which is strong enough to obliterate Orochi's limbs"
Well being the same material is one thing, but they’re exactly the same structure (they’re both throne room pillars of the same size and shape) which makes it a bit more reliable too.

IMG_1185.png

bump
we're not going anywhere until all of this is addressed too

"Rivaling abilities" is not a caption I take seriously there as the fight demonstrates that they are anything but rivals. Boros' hits don't leave a mark on Saitama, whereas Saitama can punch Boros' arm off.

They're not comparable, and I don't see anything in that page to indicate that Boros > Saitama's punch.

The question of "Will Saitama be cornered by this?" is basically a joke. Saitama will absolutely not be cornered by it and could end the fight easily at any point. It says that "Saitama is completely on the defensive"... but that's blatantly not true either.

The question of "Will Saitama be cornered by this?" is basically a joke. Saitama will absolutely not be cornered by it and could end the fight easily at any point. It says that "Saitama is completely on the defensive"... but that's blatantly not true either.
I never even brought that part up
also it’s a question, not a statement. A question being answered doesn’t mean anything Damage.

I am of the belief that the best way to put arguments like these in perspective, is to put all the supporting evidence together in one big place, rather than giving the opportunity to just say that each individual thing isn’t enough proof, so here’s what we’ve got, all in one place

1. Boros was surprised that he could last against his released form, despite already having taken a punch from his armored form, meaning he most likely believed that released form was still stronger.
2. His armor is not meant to protect him, meaning it would be extra silly that it is capable of protecting Boros entirely from an attack that would otherwise pulverize him by your logic
3. Saitama referred to Boros as strong, despite him stating that he couldn’t tell Gouketsu was any different from the others, because he was below one-punch level
4. Saitama’s punch sent armored Boros flying, and he hit a pillar, the very next punch that lands in the fight was Boros punching Saitama, resulting in him violently fragmenting a pillar and damaging another one, indicating that the punch he threw at that moment was stronger than the punch saitama hit him with
And we already have accepted using the ship for durability scaling.

So just explain, is there not at least enough for a possibly rating? As I said, when taken all together rather than just picking at evidence as individually not being enough, it’s clear that there’s support for more than like, a 30% chance of released Boros being that level? Do you see how a possibly or likely rating is justified here?

Taken all together, I do not think those points justify Boros possibly scaling to Saitama's punch / punches.

Boros is already "Possibly High 6-A" even in his armor form, so I'm not sure why you're trying to insist on a Possibly rating here when he already has that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back