• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Consistency of Saitama’s normal punch, along with an armored Boros durability suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you accept that the power Saitama is using, which was enough to defeat Orochi, was able to blow off Boros' entire arm, how exactly do you want the latter to scale from that? Released Boros' punches can't blow off his own arms, I don't care how you want to interpret his words, Saitama at that point is using far more power than released Boros can deliver.
This was all explained in the OP, the one you very explicitly didn’t read at all
it only applies to the FIRST punch of battles, it’s the one-punch strategy, not the two punch strategy, it’s the FIRST punch, and literally every scan I used emphasizes that
What would have been really helpful is if someone had summarized the arguments here so that thread moderators could help more efficiently.
It was all summarized in the OP, the one that you absolutely should have if you were willing to participate
The stuff in there is absolutely vital to everything, and I strongly recommend that you read it before making any more comments
That’s why the OP is so large, it took a bit of time to prepare it because I needed absolutely all of it to be read for this to go through
I didn't want to leave you screaming at an empty thread for all eternity.
I am sorry Therefir, you really are based, but at least this one time, if you keep going like this it’s really going to get the thread shut down when there’s still much to be done
At the very least, you absolutely have to read the OP, it’s critical to everything here.

Confidence scaling was a mistake.

Anyways I can get the idea of scaling Released Boros above the first normal punch from Saitama, maybe a possible rating works, until Damage gets rid of the confidence scaling that is.

Anyways I can get the idea of scaling Released Boros above the first normal punch from Saitama, maybe a possible rating works, until Damage gets rid of the confidence scaling that is.
No possibly, full rating, or else it’s just blatant bias
we do the same things with other characters with even less evidence, Boros needs the same treatment.

Sure, I'll get on that.
Considering that your only remaining counterargument is against confidence scaling as a whole and has nothing to do with this thread, and said grievances against confidence scaling are heavily contested to begin with, you are indirectly admitting that, under our current standards, there is absolutely no reason for released Boros to not scale above the punch that armored Boros was able to directly feel the power of.
Making an entire verse-wide revision with little to no chance of success just to counter this one would just be further stalling an already 2+ month long thread, which is incredibly annoying to put up with
if you’ve got nothing else, then for the love of god, can we apply the proposed changes and end this already? I’m completely willing to argue my liver out whenever you try to remove confidence scaling in the future, but now is absolutely not the time and place for it.

@ZillertheBucko; my argument isn't with the entire concept of confidence scaling as a whole, but applying it here.

As I said, there is nothing saying that Boros believed his released form was as strong or superior to the punch Saitama used against him (even if we generously assume said punch as Multi-Continental).

You act like just because a character decides to fight someone they roughly know the strength of, that automatically makes them as strong as said character.

@ZillertheBucko; my argument isn't with the entire concept of confidence scaling as a whole, but applying it here.

As I said, there is nothing saying that Boros believed his released form was as strong or superior to the punch Saitama used against him (even if we generously assume said punch as Multi-Continental).

You act like just because a character decides to fight someone they roughly know the strength of, that automatically makes them as strong as said character.
As strong as the punch he used bro.

Blatantly incorrect, we explained this to you before, I explained this to you a few hours ago personally.

image0.jpg

After having already taken a high 6-A punch in his armored form, he considered it surprising at this moment that saitama could keep up with his released form.
It’s not just him fighting saitama knowing he’d regen anyways, it’s him specifically thinking he would have already beaten someone who had already shown that they are high 6-A

so are we done here?

@ZillertheBucko; that page doesn't convince me, sorry.
Except by all means it should, because it very objectively demonstrates my point. You have absolutely 0 basis for disagreeing, and if you’re not gonna give reasoning, then I’m concerned that you’re just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, and not based on any logic
The evidence is all there, what I am saying is just true, unless you have a better reason for saying it’s not?

@ZillertheBucko; just because I don't share the same interpretation as you does not mean I am disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

Boros' words do not make me think that Boros is automatically as strong as Saitama's punch (which we're supposed to assume is EXACTLY as strong as the punch he used against Orochi).

@ZillertheBucko; just because I don't share the same interpretation as you does not mean I am disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

Boros' words do not make me think that Boros is automatically as strong as Saitama's punch (which we're supposed to assume is EXACTLY as strong as the punch he used against Orochi).
The counterargument to this is his second punch was stronger than the first (which is the baseline punch) and Boros escalates to the first punch believing it to be strong enough to break his armor in his first form.

Damage's concerns are valid enough for him to be able to disagree (though you wouldn't be able to force him to agree anyways).

I would say just take what you got, Meteoric Burst scaling above Orochi is a win to me.

Not once have I said throughout this time that you’re disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, because you’ve pretty much always responded to all of my points, especially during the back and forth earlier on with the speed scaling. You had a different interpretation, and you explained why, that is fine
What is not fine is that suddenly you have responded to me showing you a scan and given reasoning behind why it proves my point, and you giving absolutely nothing in return, merely saying “I am not connived by it”
I am not just saying this for no reason, I’m saying it because you’re disagreeing for no clear reason, which makes it a chore to debate
Then explain why

I would say just take what you got, Meteoric Burst scaling above Orochi is a win to me.
It’s significantly less than I made the crt for, and months have already been wasted on this
I’m going to respectfully have to disregard your words, because you have not read the OP, but are encouraging me to request that this be closed.
Sorry but I plan on getting what I came for. We accept the blatantly usable confidence scaling, we go all the way with it, and that’s that.

Not once have I said throughout this time that you’re disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, because you’ve pretty much always responded to all of my points, especially during the back and forth earlier on with the speed scaling. You had a different interpretation, and you explained why, that is fine
What is not fine is that suddenly you have responded to me showing you a scan and given reasoning behind why it proves my point, and you giving absolutely nothing in return, merely saying “I am not connived by it”
I am not just saying this for no reason, I’m saying it because you’re disagreeing for no clear reason, which makes it a chore to debate

Then explain why
I'll try to summarize it for you later, but I don't want to keep going around in circles for this.

I still think that Damage, who has followed the thread very closely and as an administrator, has the final say in what gets accepted or not, and Maverick agrees with his view (though I think you've already drove him off the thread).

I'll try to summarize it for you later, but I don't want to keep going around in circles for this.
I don’t want to keep going in circles either
as I’ve always said and always have stood by, the biggest value I have when it comes to this site is that both me and the opponent are willing to admit they’re wrong at the point when they have no counterargument left, or else it just becomes a pointless fest
so as long as you have more to say in response, then I am satisfied.
I still think that Damage, who has followed the thread very closely and as an administrator, has the final say in what gets accepted or not, and Maverick agrees with his view (though I think you've already drove him off the thread).
it’s still 2:1 staff wise, and a vast majority agreement in non staff. You’re gonna have to accept that you can’t force this to be closed right now.
Yeah, I've been trying to work with this to produce a suitable compromise but that's not wanted it seems.
I’ve essentially disproved you beyond all reason we’re almost at the very end where all you have to do is prove that released Boros wasn’t actually confident, but you have no proof, and I do have proof
There is genuinely truly nothing left to possibly say about it.
I see no point in an unreasonable compromise when we’re literally so close to the end of this annoying crt and all we have left to argue over is a single point.
I planned on getting this accepted and just retiring from the Boros stuff forever, so ending on an extra lowball is not how I foresee this going.

There’s a lot of intrusiveness right now of people trying to put an end to the thread, and need I remind you that we’re literally not on a clock? There’s no need whatsoever to speed blitz to a conclusion, it’s just business as usual where one person responds to the other until one counterargument fails.
For the love of god, all of you just let this play out, there is no reason to stop when there is clearly a very massive gap in reasoning from the opposition.

It doesn’t help that there’s a user here trying to spite boros being 4-A, even as a joke.
That’s a you problem.
You’re also not needed here, rather than bringing arguments (that would be helpful) you’re doing your routine of being abnormally smug and pointing fingers at people
Get off Ender’s ass, this is a crt not a discord server.

it’s still 2:1 staff wise.
If these 2 are Damage and Maverick then they are certainly the majority.

By the way, who is the staff that agrees with Released Boris's scaling, @Qawsedf234?
and a vast majority agreement in non staff. You’re gonna have to accept that you can’t force this to be closed right now.
They have no say in the closure of a thread.

If these 2 are Damage and Maverick then they are certainly the majority.

By the way, who is the staff that agrees with Released Boris's scaling, @Qawsedf234?

They have no say in the closure of a thread.
You’re way too adamant about rejecting this for someone who even agreed that released Boros possibly scales

I'm just following the rules.

Plus this thread has been going on for way too long, at this point I don't think we will be able to draw the attention of more mods with voting power, we will have to come to a conclusion with the ones we have here.

I'm just following the rules.

Plus this thread has been going on for way too long, at this point I don't think we will be able to draw the attention of more mods with voting power.
There’s no rule saying that you can’t continue defending your viewpoint
If people stopped acting as though staff disagreements were a hopeless uphill battle against god then we’d probably get more threads going through via people just debating like normal

Well, regardless of how you respond
it should be noted that released Boros’ energy beams should scale to the physical strikes of meteoric burst either way for obvious reasons, that being that meteoric burst is just the release of his latent energy propelling his punches, and was shown to do comparable damage to the ship

and released Boros should physically downscale since its uncontroversial that he was confident in the damage over time thing

This ends one of two ways

Orochi < Released Boros < Lasers/Meteoric Burst <<< Csrc
or
Orochi < meteoric burst/lasers > Released Boros
The correct version would be the former, but I see no reasonable way to compromise any lower than the latter

I'm not downscaling released Boros from Meteoric Burst Boros in any way, shape or form.

Ziller, I am being genuinely serious when I tell you that you need to get off the Boros train. At this point you're just coming off as wanting upgrades in any way possible for Boros, trying any avenue you can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back