• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swordsman of the Three Swords vs Hell Ninja

Rorona Zoro vs Scorpion

The bounty hunter loses his capital and finds Scorpion, as their eyes meet, both of them knowing it would be a deadly battle.

Balanced speed

Battlefield: Guardian Ape's Arena (Sekiro)

Fighters start 100 meters away

Victory by death or incapacitation.

Rorona Zoro:
Scorpion:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Now there is something interesting here

I think u can't take the Likely High 8-C and Hypersonic+ , because High 8-C Scorpion has MHS+ Combat and Reaction, when u take the "Likely" end, it applies to all stats

That's what I was told some time ago

So, there's around x1.3 gap in AP in Zoro's favor, same in LS and Speed, but the gap isn't too high in these. About the fight itself, I vote Scorpion mid diff duel of skill and a much higher experience and disposal of techniques.

Isn't it a little unfair to give Zoro knowledge on hellfire? Also, to what extent would it be? He knows all the applications and moves Scorpion can use with it? It isn't a super duper one shot hax, I don't think it's necessary to restrict it.

Isn't it a little unfair to give Zoro knowledge on hellfire? Also, to what extent would it be? He knows all the applications and moves Scorpion can use with it? It isn't a super duper one shot hax, I don't think it's necessary to restrict it.
Hellfire Manipulation: The Netherrealm's version of fire, mainly used to burn the tortured souls of those who committed crimes and lived a life full of them. It is naturally hotter than most flames as they can vaporize most of what they come into contact with. Hellfire is hot enough to vaporize an entire human body as well as the metal parts of Bi-Han's former outfit.

When I saw this description I was a little scared.

Also, Zoro's knowledge would be limited to that description of Hellfire that is in Scorpion's profile.

I think u can't take the Likely High 8-C and Hypersonic+ , because High 8-C Scorpion has MHS+ Combat and Reaction, when u take the "Likely" end, it applies to all stats

Could anyone else confirm this information? never heard of her

I don't think there's a specific rule about it, but it's a pretty logical and reasonable thing to do, as the "likely" ratings are tied together.

Yeah

The High 8-C end is basically scaling Scorpion to Raiden, which also makes him MHS+ since he can keep up with the Thunder God, both are tied to one scaling

I think Speed Equal would be better then

Hellfire Manipulation: The Netherrealm's version of fire, mainly used to burn the tortured souls of those who committed crimes and lived a life full of them. It is naturally hotter than most flames as they can vaporize most of what they come into contact with. Hellfire is hot enough to vaporize an entire human body as well as the metal parts of Bi-Han's former outfit.
This one's pretty outdated, unfortunately there isn't much proof of it burning the soul in the new timeline. I think I'll change his notable attacks explanations with the one I have in reserve.

The only thing correct here is how it vaporizes stuff including metal, but that's only in large/constant amounts of hellfire which he can easily apply.

Guardian Ape's Arena is a small body of water that reaches up to the ankle, with some dead trees, there is also a stone wall that surrounds the body of water like an arena...

It's a relatively open battlefield and Scorpion's fire can possibly create clouds of steam that can be used stealthily by both combatants.

Scorpion seems to have a lot more varied and useful techniques than East Blue Zoro. I think he takes this.

Bro... Intangible and BFR? What is Zoro supposed to do against that? Or against teleportation?

Bro... Intangible and BFR? What is Zoro supposed to do against that? Or against teleportation?
Depends if he can tell that it can kill him or not. The intangibility has to be activated so it's not like he's passively untouchable all the time. He used it once to get D'Vorah off of him alongside a hellfire explosion, so chances are that he will be using this in defense rather than offense. However, trying to touch him in this state will burn whatever touches his body during this state.

BFR is in character, but not against someone like him. When I mean in character, I mean that he is willing to use it, but there are so many situations that he hasn't used this ability and he only used it on his former rival, not counting the mostly retconned MKX comics. Teleportation is a big advantage here, but not something super unbeatable. He still needs to land his attack after arriving at his destination, so it depends if he can block his TP attacks quickly.

Depends if he can tell that it can kill him or not. The intangibility has to be activated so it's not like he's passively untouchable all the time. He used it once to get D'Vorah off of him alongside a hellfire explosion, so chances are that he will be using this in defense rather than offense. However, trying to touch him in this state will burn whatever touches his body during this state.

BFR is in character, but not against someone like him. When I mean in character, I mean that he is willing to use it, but there are so many situations that he hasn't used this ability and he only used it on his former rival, not counting the mostly retconned MKX comics. Teleportation is a big advantage here, but not something super unbeatable. He still needs to land his attack after arriving at his destination, so it depends if he can block his TP attacks quickly.
Nah this a stomp... This Zoro can't do anything to fire that can vaporize steel or souls and BFR which will transport Zoro to hell and give:
Netherrealm Powers: In the Netherrealm, Scorpion gains a home-field advantage with the added benefit of having several powers that are connected to the 5th plane of the Netherrealm.
  • Empowerment: Scorpion's strength increases (with each passing moment) the longer he remains in the fifth plane of the Netherrealm.
  • Statistics Reduction: This place has properties that can drain the magical powers and energies of those who possess magical properties. The only way to counter this is to find a permanent source of magic to replenish lost energies.
  • Power Nullification: It also can drain the powers and fighting prowess of others, forcing the affected to rely on basic attacks.
  • Corruption: Simply being in this place is a dangerous thing to do. The realm's dark essences can twist one's soul, causing them to turn into a vicious monster such as the likes of Drahmin
This alone is a stomp but Scorpion even has Portals, Intangible and teleportation against a fighter who has no supernatural abilities besides his willpower... This is a stomp.

Like I said earlier in this thread, Scorpion's notable attacks section is outdated. We split his profile from the Midway games to the NRS games. He would have all that passive hax on his Midway profile if we manage to make it, and the one we're using is his NRS version which has none of that. If you want to see his real attacks, check it here.

Like I said earlier in this thread, Scorpion's notable attacks section is outdated. We split his profile from the Midway games to the NRS games. He would have all that passive hax on his Midway profile if we manage to make it, and the one we're using is his NRS version which has none of that. If you want to see his real attacks, check it here.
He only has martial arts?

That, and all the powers shown in the tabbers.
It's literally the same thing
Hellfire: The Netherrealm's version of flame that possesses the unique ability to scorch the soul within. This flame makes up every single aspect of his powers and even powers that aren't related to it still possess its burning motif. With hellfire, he can vaporize flesh, bone & hard metal in seconds with its high temperatures, something that he himself is immune to.

• Basic applications of hellfire include projecting hellfire in various ways (in the form of a fireball, a jet of concentrated flames, a fire whirl, or as an explosion from himself and his attacks) and combusting the area around him and his opponent.
  • Damage Boost: Scorpion can imbue his limbs and weapons with his hellfire, adding more damage to his attacks. His weapons will glow red hot and his attacks can ignite his enemies with hellfire.
  • Intangibility: Scorpion's ability to reveal his skull when unmasked is further expanded in MK11 where he can reveal his other bones and even his skeleton when using his powers, especially his intangibility. With it, he can phase through his enemies while simultaneously incinerating them on contact for both offense and defense.
Teleportation: Just like how Shang Tsung is known for his shapeshifting ability, Scorpion is well known and feared for his teleportation. In a burst of hellfire, he disappears and reappears towards his target location to travel short and far distances. His blindingly fast fighting styles are complemented by this ability, as he can quickly attack someone and reposition himself for another attack or suitable action. His teleportation can be made deadly by itself by adding an explosive effect every time he teleports, blasting anyone near the area.

• Portal Creation: Scorpion is one of the few characters who uses portals as an offensive measure in battle. Besides the usual teleportation, he can attack from far distances by making a portal near the target before shooting his spear through it to pull them into the portal where he awaits them on the other side. A more complicated technique has him use two ends of a portal to wrap a red-hot chain over the target that he uses to slice them in half.
  • BFR: Using his teleportation or portals, Scorpion banishes his opponents to the Netherrealm where they will never return provided that they don't have any powers to counter it.

Mostly the same, but no crazy hax and he isn't trigger happy with the BFR. He only used it once in the context that he wanted to show his rival what allowed him to take his revenge even after dying to him. And he is a martial artist too, you know.

Mostly the same, but no crazy hax and he isn't trigger happy with the BFR. He only used it once in the context that he wanted to show his rival what allowed him to take his revenge even after dying to him. And he is a martial artist too, you know.
Ok and the fire? What is Zoro doing against someone that if zoro attacks and just gets burnt?
Intangibility: Scorpion's ability to reveal his skull when unmasked is further expanded in MK11 where he can reveal his other bones and even his skeleton when using his powers, especially his intangibility. With it, he can phase through his enemies while simultaneously incinerating them on contact for both offense and defense.

The outdated stuff on Scorpion's profile is pretty much the hellfire burning souls and all the powers he gets from the Netherrealm.
Still, this is human Scorpion and it isn't very in-character for him to BFR people, that belongs more to his undead persona.

About the match itself, I also see Scorpion winning. This version of him has decades of experience and training, he is a seasoned grandmaster who holds great control of his abilities and went through dozens of battles against a variety of opponents, with many of them outright trying to murder him.

This Zoro is a very capable swordfighter, but is still quite inexperienced. His biggest advantage are his Lifting Strength, longer reach with swords in close combat and an unusual style, as anime swordsmen like Zoro fight in a unique way.
Three swords are also a new thing, but Scorpion has faced several dual wielders, enemies with multiple limbs and ever more than one opponent at the same time, on top of being a dual wielder himself.

Scorpion also has a variety of ranged options and tricks, he can employ his fire in many ways and it obviously burns, can teleport, summon minions, spawn fire below Zoro, become intangible and more. The clouds of mist that could be formed are also an advantage to Scorpion with his stealth skill.

Finally, if Scorpion manages to disarm Zoro in some way, he just overwhelms him in martial arts.

The outdated stuff on Scorpion's profile is pretty much the hellfire burning souls and all the powers he gets from the Netherrealm.
Still, this is human Scorpion and it isn't very in-character for him to BFR people, that belongs more to his undead persona.

About the match itself, I also see Scorpion winning. This version of him has decades of experience and training, he is a seasoned grandmaster who holds great control of his abilities and went through dozens of battles against a variety of opponents, with many of them outright trying to murder him.

This Zoro is a very capable swordfighter, but is still quite inexperienced. His biggest advantage are his Lifting Strength, longer reach with swords in close combat and an unusual style, as anime swordsmen like Zoro fight in a unique way.
Three swords are also a new thing, but Scorpion has faced several dual wielders, enemies with multiple limbs and ever more than one opponent at the same time, on top of being a dual wielder himself.

Scorpion also has a variety of ranged options and tricks, he can employ his fire in many ways and it obviously burns, can teleport, summon minions, spawn fire below Zoro, become intangible and more. The clouds of mist that could be formed are also an advantage to Scorpion with his stealth skill.

Finally, if Scorpion manages to disarm Zoro in some way, he just overwhelms him in martial arts.
So is this a vote for Scorpion?

And that's not a stomp?

Zoro has nothing to hurt Scorpion with... Swords gets likely vaporized or intangible that goes through him and burns Zoro and the sword at the same time...

The battle takes place in a cold place where both opponents are ankle-deep in water, plus the scorpion Hellfire range is tens of meters.

To balance this I can give Zoro full knowledge of Scorpion... Since range bars have a range of hundreds of meters.

To balance this I can give Zoro full knowledge of Scorpion
Zoro already has information analysis
The battle takes place in a cold place where both opponents are ankle-deep in water, plus the scorpion Hellfire range is tens of meters.
I still don't see how Zoro is dealing with this
Swords gets likely vaporized or intangible that goes through him and burns Zoro and the sword at the same time...
And I'm not sure you can use the location to affect the persons ability or powers 🤔

Location is a factor in battle, and Zoro also lacks cold resistance, though he can compensate with supernatural willpower.

Considering everything I know from the time I was on this site, there's no rule against it... Especially with the battlefield profiles issue which considered that if the battlefield killed or incapacitated the fighters it would be considered inconclusive , although this discussion is not over...

Back