• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre Timeskip Roronoa Zoro vs World of Swordsmen! Challenger: Akame of the Demon Sword Murasame

This is for the Pre-timeskip version.

Story: In order to reach the title of World Greatest Swordsman and reach to Mihawk, Zoro have to become stronger and luckily for him, there are plenty of other swordsmen he can test his skill with.

Scenario: Zoro went to the Empire and did something to piss off a Revolutionary leader, the two duke it out before Zoro kill him easily. Assigned by her boss, Akame has been tasked with assassinating Zoro, but Zoro knows someone is after him.

East Blue Saga Roronoa Zoro (Pre-Timeskip) vs BoS AKAME GA KILL, NOT ZERO Akame (character)

Both are at High 8-C

Speed is Equalized

RULES:

Win by death, K.O, incapacitation, or surrender

Both have knowledge of each others; Akame knows of Zoro being a infamous bounty hunter and he wield that of 3 swords while Zoro knows of Akame's reputation of being a dangerous assassin through her wanter poster and knows of her One-Kill Murasame.

Both are bloodlusted and serious

They will start out within view 100 meters apart

This battle will take place in the Empire, during the night of course.

With all this being said, let the debate begin! Which one of these badass swordsman will win in a fight! Which one will live and which one will die. Let the battle begin!

Akame Render(normal)
Roronoa zoro render by suluhz d693zhw-fullview
Zoro: 7 (Calaca, Rin, Schnee, Litentric and RotofBots, Rei Rubro, Js250476)

Akame: 1 (SuperKamiNappa)

Well, without the One-Hit Kill Akame's a fairly less dangerous opponent now.

Zoro now scales to Buchi who's 8.5 Tons so the AP advantage is in his favour. Clashing swords with Zoro isn't a good idea considering the difference between Class 50 and Class M.

I also think that Zoro's style even not being as good as it currently is, is a good advantage because, you know, Akame needs to care about three swords at once.

Zoro takes this mid-diff.

I have ask some KM on Akame's scaling chain but for Zoro's own...

6.8 Tons = Buggy =< Sham = Buchi << 8.5 tons = Hynotized Buchi <<< Kuro (because he kept Up with Luffy) < Hatchan < Kuroobi < Gin = Sanji =< Zoro =< Arlong =< Luffy

Going by the profile, is like this:

Akame > Mera = Gozuki

But she should not be weaker than Tatsumi who can defeat with ease monsters capable of produce 4.98 Tons of TNT.

4.9+ tons vs 8.5+, Zoro has the advantage in AP, but not by much. Even if Zoro has knowledge of Murasame, Akame has plenty of experience fighting and beating people who are immune to it or know about. So that's keeps it from being a complete stomp but it's still a factor.

Consdering Akame only needs one scratch, and Zoro has no hax or experience fighting any with hax at this point, I'm voting for Best Gril.

Her profile doesn't include the One-Hit Kill until the second key in his abilities tho.

<BoS Akame

She has One Hit Kill, only Zero doesn't.

Also, Having three swords makes it difficult to block one strike, and this Akame beats Zoro in skill by a wide margin

Akame FRA

I think having three swords make it easier to block one strike. Unless you're trying to block a toy from Mihawk.

That being said, Akame takes skill by a wide margin as Schnee said. So Akame for those reasons.

AP is basically the same.

Akame takes a slight advantage with pure weaponry because well, one vs less then a one shot

Now for Skill

This is where Akame takes the slight advantage here.

Not to downplay. A lot of her expirience revolves around fighting people much weaker then her, not to say that she hasn't fought a person on her level before she definitely, but by comparison to Akame? Ehh.

Let's go over Akame real quick, as a lot of people don't know half of her feats as Zero is fairly obscure.

1. She's been training since she was a child, nothing of any real note in all honesty. That's fiction in a nutshell.

2. She killed a well renowned Rebel assasin within her very first fight despite getting poisoned in a sneak attack before hand.

3. She killed yet another well known warrior who was literally able to revert any Damage onto the opponent that he was fighting by slowly cutting him and wearing out his stamina. So yes. She literally beat a person who can instantly reflect damage through sheer tenacity and will.

4. She defeated Mera. An Oarburg, and the best assasin in the Rebel army at the time. This same person managed to overwhelm and defeat the original wielder of Murasame.

All of these feats....Are without her even having Murasame yet. I can go into more detail if necessary but two more things.

1. Murasame incapacitates anyone that isn't Akame herself due to its curse. Hence. Why the Rakshasa demon in the mid way point of the manga couldn't fight back after he disarmed Akame. Soi fon disarminf her is literally an auto win for Akame.

That said, the speed gap is worrisome, and I don't know if Akame can deal with it too well.

As such, for my reasons

Bae

I still think that the power difference compensates Zoro quite well. Buchi was a joke even hypnotized after all.

Schnee One said:
1. She's been training since she was a child, nothing of any real note in all honesty. That's fiction in a nutshell.

That said, the speed gap is worrisome, and I don't know if Akame can deal with it too well.

As such, for my reasons

Bae
Zoro has also been training since he was a kid though.

Speed is equalized

If we went by the logic that age was the main decoder of who's more skilled then Ichigo would get trashed stomped by every Shinigami worth a damn. But he doesn't. Why? Because Ichigo himself was constantly used to fighting enemies on or around his level. And as such learned quickly because of it.

That's good because my attunement was never about age, my argument is about actual on screen feats. Check out his respect threads and you'll see what I mean. Zoro's best skill feats are actually from this Saga, I.E Avoiding 8 instant and rapid sword slashes from a highly skilled fish man, spinning around a omnidirectional sword attack, etc. I'd post scans but I'm busy with things at the moment.

1: Zoro has been training since he was a child as well.

2: Zoro was able to quickly dispatch of highly skilled Fish Men who are much more skilled any the majority of human swordsman in OP.

3: That's a stamina feat. That's not a skill feat, I remember the fight she won by cutting him slowly or minimize the damage done to herself. And Zoro would stomp in the stamina department.

4: Read read above. Mera isn't even a swordman so you can't say she's more skilled than Zoro.

Most of that are stamina feats tbf. Zoro has handled with people being severely injured as when he defeated Hachi, a guy with the double of swords than him, while barely standing on his feet by Mihawk's wound and a fever.

Speed is equalized.

With that being said, Zoro handling Hatchi is far more hard than deflecting Akame's sword which is just one. On top of that, both have prior knowledge of each other and Zoro has three options when it comes to deflect. It isn't like he's a static fighter who tanks everything because "muh stamina".

Zoro holds the AP and LS advantage by far. On a neutral ground, I think her sword would break if it sustains the damage from that kind of blow.

Ok, the current vote count is:

Zoro: 5 (Calaca, Rin, Schnee, Litentric and RotofBots)

Akame: 1 (SuperKamiNappa)

Schnee One said:
(Breathes in)

I'm going to make Erza vs Zoro out of anger.....
I can just imagine the arguements and flames and rants already, I feel sick already. You can only do that with the 7-C versions of the characters. 7-B Dressrosa Zoro might be looking to be upgraded.

Back