• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I'm here with another CRT for Sonic. This is not a verse-wide revision, just a small re-addition of an ability that was previously removed, with now having additional evidence as to why Sonic qualifies for this criteria.

Super Sonic and Invulnerability.​

Giving simple specifications, Super Sonic and other super transformations are consistently stated in multiple different sources to grant it's user invulnerability, which basically allows them to completely bypass conventional attacks from a vast amount of enemies in the front of them. (Even opponents who are directly comparable in strength and attack power as well)

With those informations listed, moving into other specific topics.

Note: Since this is a property that every Super state user has, it would mean that Perfect Chaos and Ultimate Gemerl would also get invulnerability by default.

Invulnerability Negation for some enemies in the series.​

As a matter of fact, due to some circumstances in the series, those characters would get invulnerability negation following those premises:

• Solaris: Blatantly obvious reasons, as he received part of the power the Chaos Emeralds had to complete it's form, and is shown to be able to directly harm Super Sonic with his attacks, requiring the latter to escape from his lasers and meteors as more as they fight.
  • Dark Gaia: Negative influences and receives part of the dark energy the Chaos Emeralds had, which powered up the Chaos Energy Cannon to revert Super Sonic back to base, but unlike in this occasion, this is a similar case to Solaris, as he is also able to harm Super Sonic with his attacks by using dark energy from them.
  • Imperator Ix: Due to receiving power from the Master Emerald, Ix can essentially harm Super Sonic by using a comparable amount of Chaos Energy that he possesses on his own, and even achieves a super form afterwards.
  • Phantom King: Specific attacks from the Phantom Ruby are shown to be able to harm Super Sonic who already has this innate ability as he directly transforms to fight in this ocassion.
  • Egg Salamander: Powered up by the Sol Emeralds and can harm Super Sonic by using attacks from Chaos Energy, such as homing projectiles and spatial cutting.
Note 2: Super transformations can harm each other by using the same source of power that they get through the series, resulting in Super Sonic by himself also getting invulnerability negation from those same things previously mentioned.

Last edited:
It should probably be a note on the Sonic Universe page that people and things powered by the Chaos Emeralds (/Phantom Ruby) can bypass the Invulnerability of Super Forms. That way, we can avoid unnecessary threads attempting to remove it if this goes through.

Last edited:
It should probably be a note on the Sonic Universe page that people and things powered by the Chaos Emeralds (/Phantom Runy) can bypass the Invulnerability of Super Forms. That way, we can avoid unnecessary threads attempting to remove it if this goes through.
Should we add a note that only certain users of the Chaos Emeralds can bypass this factor or nah? Since Perfect Chaos and Ultimate Gemerl are Super form variants powered by Chaos Emeralds and they can't harm Super Sonic, only kind of being able of stun him for some seconds.

I agree except...

it would mean that Perfect Chaos and Ultimate Gemerl would also get invulnerability by default.
... 😓, sorry, could you explain this part? Especially for Perfect Chaos.

I’ve always had gripes with treating Perfect Chaos having equal Super Form properties as Super Sonic.

I agree except...

... 😓, sorry, could you explain this part? Especially for Perfect Chaos.

I’ve always had gripes with treating Perfect Chaos having equal Super Form properties as Super Sonic.
Ultimate Gemerl is more easier to explain, since he is unaffected by Super Sonic's attacks being thrown against him, it requires Sonic to hit a red spot for him to be able to bypass it as shown inside of the boss fight.

I have my own doubts towards Perfect Chaos despite the possibility of him also getting it, since this is a standard power that every super form has.

Super Sonic could only really harm Perfect Chaos when hitting his weakspot on his head, which is exactly how Super Sonic beats him

Yeah, its the weakspot Chaos has since Chaos 0 I have an issue with, as it doesn't help show Perfect Chaos gain invulnerability

Agree with the OP
But don't quite agree on every Super having it by default, Perfect Chaos cannot harm Super Sonic, even though other Chaos Emeralds' users can, which might indicate some users are less capable than others, which could include Invulnerability.

Perfect Chaos has shown less capabilities than your average Super Form, and no sign of invulnerability, so he shouldn't have it. Plus, can't base form Sonic harm him?

Agree with the OP
But don't quite agree on every Super having it by default, Perfect Chaos cannot harm Super Sonic, even though other Chaos Emeralds' users can, which might indicate some users are less capable than others, which could include Invulnerability.
Every Super form shown in the series showed to be invulnerable to conventional attacks. This includes Tails, Knuckles, Mighty, Ray, Shadow, Silver and even Mecha Sonic
Perfect Chaos has shown less capabilities than your average Super Form, and no sign of invulnerability, so he shouldn't have it. Plus, can't base form Sonic harm him?
This is an outlier for Base Sonic

I mean, is it? Sure, in terms of AP scaling, but nothing ever indicated Perfect Chaos being invulnerable to damage.

If we want to get tin foil hat, Adventure Sonic wanted to use Super’s power to ease Chaos’ emotions, while Generation Sonic didn’t care.

If we want to get tin foil hat, Adventure Sonic wanted to use Super’s power to ease Chaos’ emotions, while Generation Sonic didn’t care.
Yeah no, this line of thought just leads to him being downgraded for wrong reasons again. Super Sonic still needed enough strengh to cover his body in order to harm Chaos in adventure, he isn't thounsands of times weaker

Yeah no, this line of thought just leads to him being downgraded for wrong reasons again. Super Sonic still needed enough strengh to cover his body in order to harm Chaos in adventure, he isn't thounsands of times weaker
(Cover?) This isn’t covering strength, simply abilities. Sonic Generation, while outlier to Base Sonic’s AP, shows the intent by the developers that Perfect Chaos isn’t immune to damage.

Chaos’ water can not be harm in Sonic Adventure. That’s why Chaos 0, 2, and 4 were attacked at his weak point. Same with Perfect Chaos.

Every Super form shown in the series showed to be invulnerable to conventional attacks. This includes Tails, Knuckles, Mighty, Ray, Shadow, Silver and even Mecha Sonic.
Every Super form has shown capabilities of hurting Super Sonic, Perfect Chaos hasn't.

Hard disagree on that, Perfect Chaos is barely Multi Solar System Level+ last time I saw, Sonic fought other higher tier characters before. But that's for a AP CRT in the future, we shouldn't discuss this here.

Either way, being an AP outlier is irrelevant to the fact Perfect Chaos can be hit by Base Sonic.

Hard disagree on that, Perfect Chaos is barely Planet Level+ last time I saw, Sonic fought other higher tier characters before. But that's for a AP CRT in the future, we shouldn't discuss this here.
Perfect Chaos did get upgraded to 4-A because Super Sonic, who he directly fought, is scaled above the Final Egg Blaster in Pre-Sonic Battle events.

Hard disagree on that, Perfect Chaos is barely Multi Solar System Level+ last time I saw, Sonic fought other higher tier characters before. But that's for a AP CRT in the future, we shouldn't discuss this here.

Either way, being an AP outlier is irrelevant to the fact Perfect Chaos can be hit by Base Sonic.
You realize that Super Sonic's tier varies right?

Also Perfect Chaos being defeated by Base Sonic is an outlier for Sonic

Can we stop derailing about Perfect Chaos being defeated by Base Sonic being an outlier, why we don't save this to a AP CRT in the future then?

We are discussing if Perfect Chaos should get invulnerability based on the other super forms having it, this should be already settled.

No they haven't. Super forms can't harm each other with conventional attacks
🤡

Invulnerability Negation for some enemies in the series.​

As a matter of fact, due to some circumstances in the series, those characters would get invulnerability negation following those premises:

• Solaris: Blatantly obvious reasons, as he received part of the power the Chaos Emeralds had to complete it's form, and is shown to be able to directly harm Super Sonic with his attacks, requiring the latter to escape from his lasers and meteors as more as they fight.
  • Dark Gaia: Negative influences and receives part of the dark energy the Chaos Emeralds had, which powered up the Chaos Energy Cannon to revert Super Sonic back to base, but unlike in this occasion, this is a similar case to Solaris, as he is also able to harm Super Sonic with his attacks by using dark energy from them.
  • Imperator Ix: Due to receiving power from the Master Emerald, Ix can essentially harm Super Sonic by using a comparable amount of Chaos Energy that he possesses on his own, and even achieves a super form afterwards.
  • Phantom King: Specific attacks from the Phantom Ruby are shown to be able to harm Super Sonic who already has this innate ability as he directly transforms to fight in this ocassion.
  • Egg Salamander: Powered up by the Sol Emeralds and can harm Super Sonic by using attacks from Chaos Energy, such as homing projectiles and spatial cutting.
Note 2: Super transformations can harm each other by using the same source of power that they get through the series, resulting in Super Sonic by himself also getting invulnerability negation from those same things previously mentioned.

Also Perfect Chaos being defeated by Base Sonic is an outlier for Sonic
That is irrelevant to the subject as the factor that makes it """"""outlier"""""" is not being argued for.

Perfect Chaos should not get Invulnerability for not showing any signs of having it, and having a portrayal where he is not invulnerable.

(Cover?) This isn’t covering strength, simply abilities. Sonic Generation, while outlier to Base Sonic’s AP, shows the intent by the developers that Perfect Chaos isn’t immune to damage.
(Yes, cover, involve, go through, all these work) alright then, I wasn't arguing for invulnerability here

I agree to also i know that doesn't concern super sonic but how does excalibur immortality negation against which type

I agree to also i know that doesn't concern super sonic but how does excalibur immortality negation against which type
King Arthur is reliant on the power of the scabbard (aka type 8) and Sonic can bypass it by using the Sacred Swords in conjunction with Caliburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back