• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 4

I've completed every achievement in the game outside of the online ones.

Now I only need to finish Classic mode with 12 characters and find the last two Zelda spirits and I can officially say I finished the ga-

Oh, right. New Game+ exists...

I mean it's not like NG+ does anything. It's just re-doing the game but with your spirits, characters and upgrades still there.

Pretty sure I did wily by stacking metal killer, damage, and pre patch Olimar, so I don't have much help here. Could try fox and use his gun and reflector then just kill dr Mario the normal way.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Not sure if Wily's projectiles can be absorbed. At least I eat shit when I try with G&W.
Leaf Shield and Metal attack can't be absorbed, but every other projectile can.

Mega Diancie not only grants you a Franklin Badge (Reflect projectiles back) at the start of a fight, it´s also a Grab type (which is supereffective against shield types) and even has 3 slots.

If anything, just use Mega Diancie with a bunch of Metal Killer, it´ll make it quite easier.

Let´s just say I´ve played Ultimate for 335 hours, according to my Switch.

Yeah, I also have 2,000,000 SP that I can´t even use really anymore.

Oh, and I also have installed the Demon style into nearly all the 4 star and 3 star spirits already and every one of them is also at Lv. 100.

Oooo I used that dude a lot in 4.

Im trying to get good with Dr. Mario, meanwhile. For some reason I'm not as good with him as I was in four. I think I gotta change up my play style.

Im really good with Bowser Jr. tho

I´ve had a great idea.

What if Inkling´s Final Smash depended on the special move command used to trigger it?

Up Special -> Splashdown

Side Special -> Ultra Stamp

Neutral Special -> Killer Wail

Down Special -> Splat-Bomb Launcher

It pulls work, but some people like to set up Final Smashes and being able to use other specials that aren't neutral b helps with that.

Just forcing the need to also hold the Select button to use it fixes that and also opens the Neutral Special command.

Pretty sure that makes it unusable on control schemes that don't have as many buttons, which they wouldn't go for. It's also rather unwieldly.

It can just be selected as an optional controller feature (as the controls can be customized in-game) in that case.

Kirby Has a Gun
Memes aside, if I ever get the chance to get this and visit my local tournaments, I'm going to have to unseat a former schoolmate of mine I introduced to the local Smash club, only for him to get so prominent he brutalises newcomers into leaving. He's one of those types who plagiarizes combo videos and whatnot. I did manage to put him on the ropes for once despite my having a month-long break in between playing Smash -- he ragequit since apparently sitting on a throne too long gives you hemmroids and makes you suceptible to butthurt -- but you know how these types are when they want to win a game instead of, like, living life. Any recs for characters to pick up in order to deal with Lucina and Cloud (his mains)?

Snake.

Fox also works well for me if you just play super aggressive and out-frame him, but snake and Fox are also just my best characters in general.

Bobsican said:
I´ve had a great idea.
What if Inkling´s Final Smash depended on the special move command used to trigger it?

Up Special -> Splashdown

Side Special -> Ultra Stamp

Neutral Special -> Killer Wail

Down Special -> Splat-Bomb Launcher
So Limit Break?

Yes, but as a Final Smash option, as I bet it would have to be nerfed a lot to the point it´s just disappointing or have a ridiculously high charge to use it.

Bobsican said:
Yes, but as a Final Smash option, as I bet it would have to be nerfed a lot to the point it´s just disappointing or have a ridiculously high charge to use it.
**** that, that just makes Cloud's moveset less interesting, and would be completely unfair for every other character who only has one type of Final Smash.

If you give Inkling five, then you would have to give everyone five.

It would only be 4, however (As Killer Wail is literally the FS it already has)

Anyways, tell that to Ryu and Ken

Bobsican said:
It would only be 4, however (As Killer Wail is literally the FS it already has)
Anyways, tell that to Ryu and Ken
They only have 2.

Ryu and Ken play differently than every other cast member.

And it's based on distance, not directional input.

Also since I'm easily bored by long things, I decided to also do a run of WoL without touching the left stick at all.

I'm actually doing progress compared to the no-spirit run, with Galeem down.

I really wish there was an option to replace the taunt commands with the left stick ones in the controller customization options.

My left stick has some particles inside, which always forces it to aim upwards according to the console, meaning that when I want to do a Neutral Special, I often end up doing an Up Special instead, sometimes killing myself for that.

I wonder if there´s an accesory to cover it from bread and so on, while also allowing to play as usual.

You could try to take it apart and fix it yourself. I've fixed malfunctioning Xbox controllers before.

If you don't trust yourself with that though I'd recommend just buying a new controller. Heard some used ones are pretty cheap.

It appears I lack the tools to open them in the first place.

What sort of screwdiver is recommended?

What type of controller are you on, first of all? I wouldn't recommend taking apart the joycons or something, for example, but gamecube controllers aren't too bad if you take your time and make sure to keep a reference.

Just leave the joycons alone. I wouldn't mess around with that considering you sorta need them if you want to go portable at all.

Not really imo. I prefer the pro controller but I have no idea how anyone could play smash on a joycon tbh

Wokistan said:
Just leave the joycons alone. I wouldn't mess around with that considering you sorta need them if you want to go portable at all.
Not really imo. I prefer the pro controller but I have no idea how anyone could play smash on a joycon tbh
Joycon is all I use when playing against other people (irl).

Back