• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Multi-Continent Bros? (Mario Bros High 6-A proposal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him

Premise​

Recently, I calculated the Star Rod lighting up the stars in the first Paper Mario game after Mario retrieved it at the end of the game. So, for this thread, I'll be proposing a new tier for everyone by attempting to scale them to this. Without further ado, "let's-a go!"

The Calculation​

Here's what my calculation states...
According to Weber’s law of just-noticeable difference, the difference threshold for people to notice a light intensity becoming brighter would be an 8% increase.

"For example, for judging brightness of lights the constant is .08, but it is .05 for the loudness of tones (Teghtsoonian, 1971)." - Psychology: A Concise Introduction By Richard A. Griggs, page 78.

There are quite a lot of stars in the background of Star Haven, but I'll be using the average amount of stars in our calculation for a starry sky, which is roughly 2,500.

I'll then multiply this by the luminosity of the sun based on the amount of energy per second it produces, which is 3.9 × 10^26, according to the same chart.

3.9E26 × 2,500 = 9.75e29

Now we have to account for the brightness.

9.75e29 × .08 = 7.8e28 joules or 18.642447418764004 Exatons of TNT (Multi-Continent level)

Proposal​

To sum up, I say that characters like Mario and Bowser should get High 6-A key for the use of the Star Spirits and Star Rod. Here are the changes for Mario's profile if this gets accepted.

Agree: @DimeUhDozen, @DaReaperMan @DarkDragonMedeus, @LordGriffin1000, @Qawsedf234, @UchihaSlayer96
Neutral:
Disagree (no anti-feats, please):

Last edited:
Adjusted accordingly. What's your vote?
I don't think that BoG Mario would remotely scale to Bowser since it's obvious that they're not in the same league. The point of the first fight is to show that Mario has no chance against a Star Rod amped Bowser. At the very least, he should heavily downscale. I do remember that there is something in Paper Mario about becoming stronger, and thanks to Paper Jam, we know that Mario and Paper Mario scale to each other, so maybe you could use that instead.

I don't think that BoG Mario would remotely scale to Bowser since it's obvious that they're not in the same league. The point of the first fight is to show that Mario has no chance against a Star Rod amped Bowser. At the very least, he should heavily downscale. I do remember that there is something in Paper Mario about becoming stronger, and thanks to Paper Jam, we know that Mario and Paper Mario scale to each other, so maybe you could use that instead.
Well, we're focusing on the first Paper Mario game. So, do you disagree or agree (though it sounds like you disagree)?

Well, we're focusing on the first Paper Mario game. So, do you disagree or agree (though it sounds like you disagree)?
Upon further inspection, I disagree. Mario being harmed by the Star Rod only happens after he was empowered by the Star Spirits with the Mushroom Kingdom's wishes. At the very least, Mario should get a High 6-A key for that and his base self shouldn't scale.

Upon further inspection, I disagree. Mario being harmed by the Star Rod only happens after he was empowered by the Star Spirits with the Mushroom Kingdom's wishes. At the very least, Mario should get a High 6-A key for that and his base self shouldn't scale.
Yeah, but the Peach Beam was an energy attack, not a physical attack. Is there any indication that Mario's stats were boosted by the Star Spirits?

Yeah, but the Peach Beam was an energy attack, not a physical attack. Is there any indication that Mario's stats were boosted by the Star Spirits?
We see their power empowering Mario specifically. And story-wise, it wouldn't make sense if it is treated this way. Mario needs the Star Spirit boost to stand a chance against Bowser.
Perhaps now we can match Bowser's strength.
They couldn't before.

Why would Mario downscale to this? He was able to tank in a few attacks from a Star Rod-amped Bowser before he got blasted out of the castle; it's not like the attacks in the first battle killed him. At the very least, I'd support a "possibly Multi-Continent level" for his durability only if that was more acceptable.

Why would Mario downscale to this? He was able to tank in a few attacks from a Star Rod-amped Bowser before he got blasted out of the castle. It's not like the attacks in the first battle killed him.
I wouldn't say tank. The way it's portrayed, he was getting beaten mercilessly and Bowser even stated that he was just toying with him before the blast that completely knocked him down.

No, he said, "It's not even worth my time to toy with you anymore". It doesn't mean he WAS toying with him.
“I won’t toy with you anymore” means he was toying with him prior to making that declaration, so scaling to the Star Rod’s full power is kinda iffy.

I think you just disproved your own argument.
How does that disprove my argument? Mario was still conscious but had severe injuries from the Star Rod; he didn't actually die. It was only the Star Spirits that healed his injuries.

How does that disprove my argument? Mario was still conscious but had severe injuries from the Star Rod; he didn't actually die. It was only the Star Spirits that healed his injuries.
Even if that were the case, Mario would still heavily, heavily downscale.

Even if that were the case, Mario would still heavily, heavily downscale.
If Mario was amped by the Star Spirits in the final battle with Bowser, wouldn't Bowser scale AP-wise with the attacks he used to damage Mario that didn't use the Star Rod?

I mean I guess.

Like I don't have a 100% ideas of what qualifies but I guess if someone smarter thinks it makes sense.

I mean I guess.

Like I don't have a 100% ideas of what qualifies but I guess if someone smarter thinks it makes sense.
Also, when Mario fought the Goomba King who was amped by the Star Rod from Bowser, Mario didn't have all the Star Spirits with him. In the final battle against Bowser, he needed all seven of them to match the power of the Star Rod and remove the invincibility from Bowser. So, it's not like one or a few Star Spirits have the total power the Star Rod contains. If that were the case, Mario would only need one Star Spirit to defeat Bowser, wouldn't he?

Can you post a scan of that?
He fights the Goomba King here. In fact, Mario didn't even have any Star Spirits during that fight with him, and the Goomba King was amped by the Star Rod because Bowser stated he used the Star Rod to "make him a king".

He fights the Goomba King here. In fact, Mario didn't even have any Star Spirits during that fight with him, and the Goomba King was amped by the Star Rod because Bowser stated he used the Star Rod to "make him a king".
Goomba King wasn't amped by the Star Rod in the way that Bowser was. The Star Rod can make wishes come true without giving them a direct amp in power.

Goomba King wasn't amped by the Star Rod in the way that Bowser was. The Star Rod can make wishes come true without giving them a direct amp in power.
Well, Bowser still used its power to make the Goomba King "a king", so by that context, it should imply that the Goomba King had some increase in power, right?

Well, Bowser still used its power to make the Goomba King "a king", so by that context, it should imply that the Goomba King had some increase in power, right?
Some increase, but not comparable to Bowser's. It was just a wish that would make him a king. It increased his size and gave him a big hat. That's about it.

Some increase, but not comparable to Bowser's. It was just a wish that would make him a king. It increased his size and gave him a big hat. That's about it.
But that's not the point I'm trying to make. The point is if Mario can defeat enemies who have some amp from the Star Rod and can contextually survive attacks as stated by Kammy from the Star Rod without any amp, shouldn't Mario possibly scale to the Star Rod? Not only that, wouldn't base Bowser also scale to Mario who was amped by the Star Spirits since Bowser was able to damage him using some of his attacks WITHOUT the Star Rod after the Star Spirits took the power from it away?
Neutral, possibly 6-A ig
Wouldn't all of what I stated at the very least give Mario a "possibly High 6-A"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back