• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But literally none of the Tier 7/6 feats are usable so far.

The closest one is the moon thing but even then you can argue indeterminable timeframe.
Alright you've convinced me, tier 8 it is then!
Also, "outlier" is a bit of a bold claim. Care to prove how it is?
Black Hole Feats shouldn't be usable so you have like, max 2 tier 4 feats.

Nuclear level Mario isn't consistent.

If we're gonna argue "how the characters are nornally portrayed" then Mario is just a regular human with 9-B AP. This is how the public sees him and it's likely how Nintendo does as well.

Uh, it's not "up to decide" at all. They're completely separate, debunking one set of 'em doesn't make the other more viable.
The argument stems from which is more credible and consistent. If all YOU have to rely on is "it's a gag!!!" then I'm sorry but you're in the wrong verse.

Mario runs on gags and toon physics. This is consistent whether you like it or not.

I will not accept dismissing this feat in favor of other clear toon gags like it.

Nuclear level Mario isn't consistent.

If we're gonna argue "how the characters are nornally portrayed" then Mario is just a regular human with 9-B AP. This is how the public sees him and it's likely how Nintendo does as well.
I assume I shouldn't take that as a concession?
The argument stems from which is more credible and consistent. If all YOU have to rely on is "it's a gag!!!" then I'm sorry but you're in the wrong verse.

Mario runs on gags and toon physics. This is consistent whether you like it or not.
Black holes aren't credible at all, so no, that's not the case. But I agree, it runs on gags and toon physics, so all the tier 8 feats cannot be discounted as game mechanics.

I mean. A varies tier would make more sense for a character that has literally no canon or real structured timeline at all.

I dunno how tier 7/6 stuff is invalid if the dark bowser, donkey kong and shake king feat can be recalced. Especially when theres so much tier 7 stuff. Varies or likely 4-C seems like the best bet to me

I feel like Mario bros has several lines of logic that work to explain his power

A: Varies from x to y this makes sense as it explains weird and inconsistent feats and lore.

B: unknown Mario and friends are all actors preforming this feats or something similar it is impossible to actually know what tier they are because of this as more often than not problems are shown to be life threatening or inconsequential.

C: at least x, likely y, at most z(or something similar) this shows we don't know for certain right now but we have some guesses currently believed to be the case

D: X the simple simple option and maybe the correct one everything else is an outlier or anti feat.

I am afraid this should probably be chosen as early as possible because we're here to index profiles to be what we think is correct not people pleasers choosing to wait on this part of the decision will most likely cause more problems down the line than doing it now

tier-2-mariobros-its-been-a-pleasure.jpg
All good things…
Quit the spite

don't bring up other ******* verses is it so hard

also "Hit Bluto so hard that he destroyed stellar constellations, although this was done by letting him bounce between different stars, not at once" is completely different.
No. Double standards are a legitimate cause for concern. It’s not a fallacy to call them out.

and it was mods that made a whole server just to downgrade a single verse and then made an unproffesional thread that didn’t even cite any debunks to rush the thread with overwhelming mod support
It was not a mod that created the server and I am currently the owner, and am only a mod for Joke Battles Wiki. Really getting tired of this idea that there is this grand conspiracy to get Mario downgraded. btw, Dino Ranger Black isn't even on the server and made this thread before consulting anyone in it, so please stop insisting that the mods are working together to get Mario downgraded.

Yeah, this conspiracy theory shit is real annoying. It doesn't matter whether or not there's a downgrade server for Mario, there's a revision server for Warhammer 40K and I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Anyways, are there any other arguments against Raphael besides calling it a gag feat? It's the earliest feat in the series and given Kamek references becoming a twinkle in the heavens and we see his amping magic burst from Raphael before he got launched from Yoshi defeating him, it's safe to say it was intended and scales regardless. Kamek literally uses the same amping magic on a ton of bosses that tons of people fight and the Yoshi species itself scales to the feat.

If this is written off as "a gag feat" and therefore isn't a legitimate feat then we should NOT be accepting of the castle feat at all, but we do accept it. So either we go against ourselves and consider one legit but not the other, or both are/are not legit and shouldn't be used. I'm personally a fan of them both being legit because of the nature of Mario's series being that of a cast of characters fit for any role, literally partly being based on these old cartoons where characters can accomplish wacky toony things and change roles constantly that was referenced in this thread. This is literally from Miyamoto himself and everyone knows the quote I'm talking about. These are just a part of how the franchise works and functions.

I'll stop using the gag feat excuse out of sarcasm but please for the love of god just find a better argument cause this just ain't it.

What are the supporting feats for the 4-C Raphael feat?

Since people love playing the "What about X" game so much, then Saitama needs an immediate upgrade to High 4-C for tanking a "black hole" by this same logic. It apparently doesn't matter if that black hole goes against our standards or how a real life black hole should behave.

Since people love playing the "What about X" game so much, then Saitama needs an immediate upgrade to High 4-C for tanking a "black hole" by this same logic. It apparently doesn't matter if that black hole goes against our standards or how a real life black hole should behave.
We should also accept Rebrianne's Pretty Black Hole while we are at it.

Peach and the Grand Star pop out of the black hole Bowser falls into which dissipates/collapses. I say this is a black hole because we can clearly see light being pulled into it
Even if this is accepted as a legitimate black hole, I'm fairly certain that we don't give durability for surviving a black hole. We just give them resistance.

If we are discussing tier 4 feats, let's make a list of the valid ones. I'll use the list Mav provided for reference.

Contentious Tier 4 feats
In this list, I don't have any opinion on Raphael feat. It's gag, but whether to accept it or not, is not something I can say. I don't know if we accept the gag feats in Mario (because there are some).

About the bolded feat, it was said that those stars are not power stars. If that's the case, we should probably remove that one.

In this list, I don't have any opinion on Raphael feat. It's gag, but whether to accept it or not, is not something I can say. I don't know if we accept the gag feats in Mario (because there are some).

About the bolded feat, it was said that those stars are not power stars. If that's the case, we should probably remove that one.
Move power stars to contentious

To be fair though, Bowser does tank attacks from charactrrs powered uo on those Stars, regardless of if they're Power Stars or not. But it's still a bit dubious if the stars in the Party Cube are real ones.

There's also that black hole minigame where the black hole seems to effect galaxies in space and Bowser tanking the black hole eating away at planets. Regardless of them behaving like real ones or not their effects and range are still apparent and scalable that way.

Real black holes are black holes. It’s not made from powers, magic, tech, etc. It’s a collapsed star in space. End of story. We don’t do this song and dance for lightning or light, or even black holes. If it comes from an irrefutably legitimate source, then it’s happily accepted. But y’all wanna be contentious so do whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back