• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eyo chill, it is a normal member saying it not a mod
The arguments should be held to the same standard no matter who they come from.

I do find it confusing that he stated previously that the method used to defeat Bowser is a gag feat, given there is no alterative way to defeat him, unless he believes the battle happened differently in canon, which there is no reason to assume.

I'm tired of hearing the gag feat argument used to dismiss anything below Tier 4 while Tier 4 feats are all legitimate. Especially when it is just as easy to say that all Tier 4 feats are gags and Mario is actually 9-B for getting KO'd by a fall, a statement I find equally ridiculous.

The dude said "what are these standards?" and usually one would ask that if a mod said it as they are supposed to uphold standards. Normal members on the other hand can be wrong about them way more often.

For bowser turning yoshis island into a story book. Shouldnt that be island level anyway if he explicitly only did it to yoshis island? The stars were likely already in the book sooo...

Also, I think Class G lifting strength can stay, There are still plenty of Castle sized characters and Mountain sized characters Mario Characters can wrestle. Not to mention outlier is getting thrown around too much, I do not see how a casual low end feat would be an outlier for lifting strength.
VSBW in a nutshell

Where is the source for the statement that Bowser created the worlds?
Screenshot_20210704-124025.png

his own world
Maybe all the Bowser stages are connected into one world or something. Just something to think about. Anyways here it is

Also I'm sarcastic when I mention gag feats a lot of the time. Regardless of if they're gags or not they should still hold some merit unless there's reason to believe otherwise is my true opinion. Especially in a franchise like Mario.

Oh another interesting to note is the "using their power" and not choosing to say "used" implying he's currently doing so instead of already has.

Anyways what are the supposed Tier 7 or 6 feats that haven't been discussed yet? I really want to see them
I personally think it's best to get rid of Low 2-C first, discuss all the tier 4 feats we have, and halt the thread. I suggest that because the downgrade to another tier needs to be proposed only after we have researched every valid feat. We don't know what tier we are aiming for on this thread, so it's better to first accumulate all the valid feats and continue the discussion from there. There aren't enough of tier 6-7(?) feats being presented here at the moment.

What do you think @Dino_Ranger_Black?

There’s literally no problem with naturally forming black holes in space. The only black holes that need to pass the qualifications are created black holes.

Also, the other thread hasn't even concluded yet. We're getting too far ahead of ourselves yeeting Tier 2 when that thread still has people arguing in favor of at least the Grand Stars, including other mods that said they'd give input.

High 4-C: Power Stars can close black holes - Black holes in the SMG series likely don’t meet our wiki’s requirements for being considered legitimate black holes
This mini black hole does not seem to have the same effect and does not seem realistic in its gravitation effects either.

There’s literally no problem with naturally forming black holes in space. The only black holes that need to pass the qualifications are created black holes.
Naturally forming black holes need to be natural/accurate too. The entire point of the creation of our standards was that Black Holes are not portrayed accurately in fiction, as far as I know.

When it comes to the topic of black holes there are a lot of common misconceptions about their nature and through that also misconceptions about the evaluation of feats involving them. Generally, black holes are often depicted wrong in works of fiction.
While a completely correct depiction can not be expected, some basic laws have to be followed. If that is not the case, we can not be certain about the black hole being an actual black hole and not just a fake black hole, which can not be assumed to have the properties black holes usually have.

Almost everybody agrees with the Low 2-C removal anyway. So those can be straightened out. We just need to review all the currently valid tier 4 feats to see where these characters will be placed at.
Some people have said that more feats need to be researched in case any further revisions need to happen.

Stop posting memes please. They are provoking others for no good reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back