• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

suiryu upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So the HA wants to pretend some of their supposed best heroes and high ranking underlings got their asses handed to them by a monster much weaker than he actually was?"

I wouldn't put it pass them, they've already done this before in the chapter of the screenshot I had just linked. With the sole difference being that these heroes are not in S-Class.

"And there already was an explanation for Saitama one shotting him. "The other heroes weakened Sea King for him."

That's true.

"The only argument that Sea King's a Dragon is the assumption the HA lied about his rating (and I guess ONE did too)."

I was under the assumption that the encyclopaedia was more of an HA viewpoint into things rather than word of god, due to the rankings provided for the heroes.

I find it hard to believe the HA would want to humiliate themselves like that. The reason for the first one was that they didn't want people knowing that low rank heroes could beat their precious high ranking monsters. This case it'd be them saying that their high ranking heroes could get hopelessly defeated by lower ranking monsters.

But even then. There is nothing at all to indicate the HA lied about his rating. Even if it's plausible that they would, we don't assume that to be the case with absolutely nothing supporting it.

Considering that it calls itself the offical OPM encyclopedia and gives rankings to people the HA doesn't even know about, I'd say it's more of a WoG thing.

With all this said, where should this place Gouketsu? I'd argue it should place him on similar grounds to Bang, as he was able to manhandle a dragon level threat whilst holding back.

Yeah I'd agree. He definitely seems to be leagues above most OPM monsters.

I wish a Dragon level had a good feat to scale by though. Since currently everyone's scaling to a feat made by complete fodder, making things more complicated.

Vaccine Man does have a city level feat, but that alone really isn't enough; the same applies with Gouketsu putting a hole in the arena. The most I could get from that eyeballing it is town level, I hope he or the "cadre" at the MA are able to demonstrate what they are truly capable of.

There is a lot of variation within the classifications of 'Demon' and 'Dragon'. Simply put we can't use scaling directly off of other monsters in the same category. Vaccine Man has a large-town / multiple buildings level of destruction from one of his attacks. I wouldn't say he has the ability to destroy an entire city with a single attack.

Gouketsu looks roughly on par with that based on your own estimation as well.

I may be mistaken but that feats mentions that the scale of that attacks hit an area about 665 metres across. I've not heard of a city being that small before.

Looks more like it destroys the area of a town in a single blast, rather than something much larger like a city.

Area of Effect doesn't mean much here. Actual Attack Potency and levels of energy do.

Vaccine Man can produce City level amounts of energy. Weak Demon levels he should be stronger than can produce City level amounts of energy. Therefore Vaccine Man is at least City level. End of.

Right, I guess it's just a bit odd that a guy with city-level attack potency can't destroy an actual city.

That's how the difference between Area of Effect and Attack Potency work. If we only went by what people could/have shown to destroy, we'd have to downgrade almost everyone on this site to ridiculous levels.

A pretty minor injury against an opponent that is one of the lowest of Dragon-level.

While 95% dead, mostly broken, and said dragon class not being defined as low ranking and the fact that goketsu acknowledges him as much stronger than the nazi demon ranker.

Suiryu is really hanging on in there man, reminds me of the black knight from Monty Python albeit more of a threat. Seeing as he broke Bakuzan's toe. Also, I can't wait for Saitama to one-shot that oversized, four-armed monkey piece of shit in the next chapter.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
While 95% dead, mostly broken, and said dragon class not being defined as low ranking and the fact that goketsu acknowledges him as much stronger than the nazi demon ranker.
yeah, bakuzan literally said that suiryu is pretty much physically dead at this point

but gouketsu never said monster bakuzan is stronger than monster choze

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Suiryu is really hanging on in there man, reminds me of the black knight from Monty Python albeit more of a threat. Seeing as he broke Bakuzan's toe. Also, I can't wait for Saitama to one-shot that oversized, four-armed monkey piece of shit in the next chapter.
suiryu was really crying like a lil bitch in this chapter.... really pathetic

still love him tho

Ryukamaaaaaa, can you make a Black Python post with Suiryu's face on it?

And a shame, I'm the only one who wants that guy to return. His design is really cool.

can we stay on topic? i asked if suiryu should be upgraded to 7-A for injuring a ******* DRAGON LEVEL threat even though he was 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% dead.

i would say this is quite impressive

Dude ive already given my thoughts on Suiryu. I thought he should have been 7-A even before this chapter. But if he really did injure Bakuzan it would make absolutely zero sense for him and especially Gouketsu to be 7-A. Gouketsu should even have likely higher added to his profile considering how he humiliated Suiryu who is 7-A for sure.

Now if it wouldn't be too hard, I'd really like to know where you read the chapter.

are you kidding me? i've heard the STAFF swear on here before....

and kids? 99% of kids swear nowadays... i really dont see the big deal.

but if its the rules, i guess i have no choice...

anyways, will gouketsu and suiryu get an upgrade? i've asked this like 3 times now...

injuring a monster far more powerful than the deep sea king when 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% dead is REALLY impressive and definitely worthy of 7-A if you ask me.

I ended up watching a video of it on YouTube. And I've got to say this is one of the best chapters that's been made in a long time. It made me love Suiryu and Saitama so much more. But anyway, can we just get to upgrading Suiryu and Gouketsu already?

you watched durzo blint's vid right?

the translation for that video is really bad, the link that i gave you has a MUCH better translation. bakuzan is WAY more cruel and savage in the link i gave you. but whatever.

anyways, an upgrade seems fine imo

Yeah, I watched his and Soul's videos. I read the link you sent me, and I think it did a pretty good job of making Bakuzan look more sinister, but overall I'm not someone who cares a lot about translations, unless the translation is really bad.

Can we please get some staff input on this? From what I can tell there are no reasons against this upgrade.

@Jonathanlighter It is more about that constant swearing and crude language would create an inhospitable atmosphere, that would make it harder to get any productive collaboration done.

Anyway, I do not think that breaking a considerably stronger monster's toe is enough to qualify for the same tier.

You're missing the main reason of why breaking his toe is an insane feat. He was described as physically dead, and could barley even crawl on the ground, but yet could injure a city level fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back