• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

suiryu upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathanlighter said:
Yeah ryu is right. Saitama never said gouketsu was strong. He just says that he one shot gouketsu. No upgrade for gouketsu.
We should upgrade Overgrown rover though. He survived a punch from saitama. A combo from bang, and boom that would have incapacitated Darkshine, and tanked blows from garou. All one after another.

Quangotjokes said:
A combo from bang, and boom that would have incapacitated Darkshine
You positive? I remember Rover tanking everything Bomb, Bang, Genos, and Blizzard threw at it. They only won because they mentioned sitting. On the other hand Garo did damage to Rover but was originally incapable of harming Superalloy.

Qawsedf234 said:
Quangotjokes said:
A combo from bang, and boom that would have incapacitated Darkshine
You positive? I remember Rover tanking everything Bomb, Bang, Genos, and Blizzard threw at it. They only won because they mentioned sitting. On the other hand Garo did damage to Rover but was originally incapable of harming Superalloy.
I wouldn't say he damaged him. More simply knocked him through the floor.

He didnt damage him, he incapacitated him by knocking him through the floor. logically she only said he beat rover because he was able to get past him. However, the fact still remains that Bang couldnt damage him, but could damage Darkshine. Don't just sit there, and ignore feats.

Think of it like this.

1. Bob punches Jim.

2. Jim's face folds and bends from the hit.

3. Jim is sent crashing through a floor, falls back to the ground, and never gets back up to fight Bob.

4. Jim's leader who's watching the fight directly says that Bob defeated Jim right after. And under the context of the leader talking about how Bob relies on just his strength during fights.

How could anyone watch these series of events, and view is as anything but Bob's overpowered Jim? Or at the very least, Bob is capable of doing some damage towards Jim.

You mean Bang and Dark's sparring sessions? Darkshine directly says that he didn't receive any severe damage, he simply got taken to the floor. You're accusing me of ignoring feats, when you refuse to acknowledga that Garou clearly did some harm towards Rover.

I'm pretty sure that Garou had trouble fighting Genos sometime before fighting Rover and he didn't get any stronger in between the two fights. Seeing as Genos couldn't do any damage to Rover, I doubt Garou did much. He pushed him through the floor and left a mark on his head, thats it.

Garou is constantly getting stronger throughout his fights and after. That's kind of his sctick.

"He pushed him through the floor and left a mark on his head, thats it."

And Bang and Bomb's combined attack did nothing to Rover at all. Not even leave a mark or send him flying. Garou's single punch did more damage to him than numerous strikes from those two did.

Plus again, there's the fact that Rover never gets back up to continue fighting Garou, and is explicitly stated to have gotten defeated by him.

It did survive a punch from saitama though, plus if anything it's pis that Garou beat him as Bang, and bomb's combination attack did no damage where as Darkshine took damage. Not sever, but enough to incapacitate him.

Also defeating someone doesnt mean you beat them physically. The ending of the fight was mostly off screen, and if you're suggesting that garou hurt him, then he should logically be weaker by the time bang, and bomb comes around. Which would still be enough evidence that Rover has superior dura than darkshine.

"It did survive a punch from saitama though"

An extremely held back hit that likely wasn't even aimed towards killing him. Just getting him to back off.

"plus if anything it's pis that Garou beat him as Bang, and bomb's combination attack did no damage where as Darkshine took damage. Not sever, but enough to incapacitate him."

How is that PIS? Garou is simply stronger than Darkshine, Bang and Bomb.

Darkshine said he didn't take any severe damage. And by losing he specified that meaning he was falling on the ground. Which is a loss within many forms of martial arts sparring.

"Also defeating someone doesnt mean you beat them physically"

This would eliminate your Bang > Darkshine argument though. Especially since Darkshine stated he didn't take damage, and only described his defeat as falling on the floor.

"The ending of the fight was mostly off screen, and if you're suggesting that garou hurt him"

We see Garou leave an impact on Rover's head. Rover never got back up to fight Garou. It's stated after Rover gets knocked to the ground and not getting back up that Garou defeated Rover. And this is stated within the context of describing Garou as someone who relies on strength to beat his opponents. The implications that Garou harmed him are pretty clear.

"then he should logically be weaker by the time bang, and bomb comes around. Which would still be enough evidence that Rover has superior dura than darkshine."

No. Garou can harm Rover and weaken him. Bang and Bomb can't even harm the weakened Rover. Darkshine tanked Garou's stuff. This is far from evidence that Rover or Bang are stronger than Darkshine.

"How is that PIS? Garou is simply stronger than Darkshine, Bang and Bomb.

Darkshine said he didn't take any severe damage. And by losing he specified that meaning he was falling on the ground. Which is a loss within many forms of martial arts sparring."

It's PIS because Garou is weaker than Bang. Bang could damage darkshine while initiually Garou couldnt.

"This would eliminate your Bang > Darkshine argument though. Especially since Darkshine stated he didn't take damage, and only described his defeat as falling on the floor."

Darkshine couldnt no longer take anymore hits from bang. He would have eventually overcome him.

"No. Garou can harm Rover and weaken him. Bang and Bomb can't even harm the weakened Rover. Darkshine tanked Garou's stuff. This is far from evidence that Rover or Bang are stronger than Darkshine."

You debunked yourself. If Bang can't harm a weakened Rover, but can harm a full power Darkshine. Then it proves that Rover is more durable than Darkshine.

"It's PIS because Garou is weaker than Bang. Bang could damage darkshine while initiually Garou couldnt."

He clearly isn't weaker than him at this point. Garou is constantly getting stronger and evolving from his previous fights. It's reasonable to say since his fight with Bang, he's grown to be stronger than him. Especially since he's now beating people Bang can't.

"Darkshine couldnt no longer take anymore hits from bang. He would have eventually overcome him."

Darkshine never states this to be the case. He only says that while he didn't take any damage, he lost the sparring match badly and kept falling down.

"You debunked yourself. If Bang can't harm a weakened Rover, but can harm a full power Darkshine. Then it proves that Rover is more durable than Darkshine."

Except I keep on telling you, Bang never harmed Darkshine. Darkshine says this himself. He only fell on his ass a few times. Darkshine tanks hits from a guy who harmed Rover. That proves Darkshine is more durable than Rover.

"He clearly isn't weaker than him at this point. Garou is constantly getting stronger and evolving from his previous fights. It's reasonable to say since his fight with Bang, he's grown to be stronger than him. Especially since he's now beating people Bang can't."

Complete speculation. A weakened Bang could one shot dragon level threats, and at full power is strong enough to defeat Darkshine.

Now you claim that bang didn't damage darkshine, but the scan says otherwise

http://*********.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Onepunch-Man--ONE----068?id=321582#13

Darkshine states he was weakened badly, but didnt take any "Severe" damage. Nothing suggest he didnt take any damage at all. Shoot, even When fighting this "Stronger than bang" version of Garou that you're wanking he still didnt take any severe damage. Stop taking scans out of context.

It's not complete speculation to say Garou is stronger than Bang when Garou with one punch does more harm to someone than Bang with numerous attacks can do to that person while they're weakened.

Darkshine doesn't say he took any damage either. Nor does he say "he was weakened badly." All he said was that he lost the fight and kept falling to the ground.

Also I'd appreciate you treat me with more respect than to just call me a wanker. Thank you.

Lol, sorry i wasnt trying to be rude. I'm in a debate group, and it's less offensive there. My computers about to die so idk how long i can keep upo this debate, but the scan clearly suggest that Bang did damage him. Not taking damage is speculation, and also lets not forget that Weakened bang hurt Post monster garou.

Alright then.

Well the only things explicitly stated are that Bang never severely damaged him. And that Dark kept falling to the ground. But Bang having harmed Darkshine isn't unreasonable. Also he harmed Garou after he thoroughly got the ever loving crap beaten out of him by Saitama and was stated to have lost all his will to fight.

But this isn't even going anywhere. The thread is getting horribly derailed and the topic has nothing at all to do with upgrading Suiryu. And I have to get to bed soon. I guess your computer is dying too as well.

I'm dropping it. You want to still think that Garou and Darkshine are weaker than Rover and Bang good for you. I don't mind that.

There's an official interview on reddit where One ranked the monsters in the series. Bang was rather high up surprisingly.

Lol I see. Well I'm going to bed.

Since this thread has been pretty badly derailed, Suiryu has already gotten all of his upgrades now, and neither of us want to continue this unrelated debate, I think I can close this behemouth thread now. Someone can message me if they have concerns (related to upgrading Suiryu) and want the thread reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back