• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

suiryu upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he also survived several attacks from the monster in question, so I suppose that you have a point.

I'm pretty sure most people on close-tiers could injure each other's pinky toe, even when heavily injured.

Plus, while Bakuzan as a whole may have city-level durability or whatever rating he has, Suiryu still basically just broke a toe. It's like attacking Bakuzan's most vulnerable / weakest area on his whole body.

Seeing that Suiryu managed to withstand a full-on barrage of attacks from Bakuzan (whilst he was already severely injured) and could still harm him (albeit on a minor scale) then if he were in peak condition, it shouldn't be unreasonable to assume a full powered punch would do some damage against Bakuzan.

Of course. Bakuzan is a lot less powerful than Gouketsu and it would be not be unreasonable for Bakuzan to suffer some damage if Suiryu hit him with his fully-powered punch.

The fact that Suiryu while he's 99.9% dead could break a mid-high end city level monsters toe should be enough to make him mountain level at full power. There's way too much thought going into a simple upgrade.

@Austrian-Man-Meat Okay. I think that it should be alright if you adjust his statistics then.

Ok so if Suiryu is going it be 7-A should Gouketsu be "at least 7-A"?

He was casually stomping Suiryu so I think it shouldn't be a problem

I suppose that seems reasonable, but would prefer more input from staff members who know the series well.

Mountain level? Look at Gouketsu's feat of destroying the walls of stadium when he intimidated Bakuzan, are we sure that Suiryu could even replicate that feat?

Suiryu's most destructive move so far was smashing the fighting ring in half (and then subsequently forcing half of it into the air). From his showings he's not anywhere near Mountain-level. (Let's remember that we're only getting Bakuzan's durability from scaling too.)

It's called attack potency. If we rated everyone off of destructive feats only we'd have majority of the verse at building level.

@Damage With all due respect, are you again mistaking Attack Potency for Area of Effect? Do you realize that Carnage Kabuto's Wall level, Monster Garou is Building level and Armored Boros is Steet level with your reasoning?

Also you're wrong about Suiryu's "most destructive move so far." He also has a Large Town level feat. Not that it matters much since he's clearly much stronger than people with City level stuff.

I guess "Mountain level (Can casually one shot Demons while heavily restrained. Even while in such a weakened state where he was practically dead, he was able to withstand beatings from Dragon level Bakuzan and broke one of his bones. As a Dragon level, Bakuzan should be significantly stronger than Demon level Beast King, who's much stronger than Armored Gorilla, who's stronger than Mosquito Girl, who can effortlessly demolish chunks of beginning of series Genos' body in a single hit)"

I just wished a Dragon level had some impressive feat to scale from. I don't like this constant stacked hierarchy of scaling all from a feat complete fodder performed. But I suppose it's the best we have for now. I'd also prefer Gouketsu to just be "Mountain level" and not "At least" until we get further information on his power and how he stacks up to the rest of the Monster Association.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, I do not think that breaking a considerably stronger monster's toe is enough to qualify for the same tier.
but he was 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% dead...

Damage3245 said:
Mountain level? Look at Gouketsu's feat of destroying the walls of stadium when he intimidated Bakuzan, are we sure that Suiryu could even replicate that feat?
Suiryu's most destructive move so far was smashing the fighting ring in half (and then subsequently forcing half of it into the air). From his showings he's not anywhere near Mountain-level. (Let's remember that we're only getting Bakuzan's durability from scaling too.)
so? several dbs characters are UNIVERSE LEVEL. and 99.9% of their feats are like tree level.... what are you getting at?

powerscaling>>>>>>>>>feats

otherwise a lot of dbs characters would be like 9-B

Jonathanlighter said:
but he was 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% dead...
I'm sorry but you're kinda fanboying now. Yeah Suiryu was extremely weakened and pretty much on the verge of death. And I'm fine with him being Mountain level. But please don't exaggerate what happened that much. At least unless you're joking or purposely using hyperbole or something.

ryu, you said you wanted an impressive feat from a monster so we can properly scale right?

WHAT ABOUT THIS?

i asked for this to be calced like 6000 years ago, but no one did it...

imo, this is a very impressive feat.

and this monster is like demon level IIRC.

One punch man feat

Ryukama said:
@Jonathan You're kinda fanboying now. Yeah Suiryu was extremely weakened and pretty much on the verge of death. And I'm fine with him being Mountain level. But please don't exaggerate what happened that much. At least unless you're joking or purposely using hyperbole or something.
and im not exaggerating. bakuzan said that suiryu was basically dead in the chapter. taking a full on beating from TWO dragon level monsters is not something to ignore.

No i want a proper feat Dragon levels can scale to. That way we can give people on par with Demons and people on par with Dragons different coherant rankings. Instead of constant scaling from fodder. But what I personally want to happen doesn't at all matter for these ratings.

what about the feat i just showed you? is it possible to get that calced?

what do you think it is? 7-B? 7-A? im genuinely curious.

Jonathanlighter said:
and im not exaggerating. bakuzan said that suiryu was basically dead in the chapter. taking a full on beating from TWO dragon level monsters is not something to ignore.
Yeah but he wasn't "99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% dead". I mean he was still somewhat able to move and function.

Are you really telling me that with a mere 1/10 quindecillionth of his power Suiryu can harm a Dragon level? Galaxy level Suiryu? That is a complete exaggeration.

Jonathanlighter said:
what about the feat i just showed you? is it possible to get that calced?

what do you think it is? 7-B? 7-A? im genuinely curious.
I'm not a calcer so I wouldn't be able to guess what level that feat is. It's likely possible to be quantified though.

can we get a calcer up in here to do it? sorry for the ******** demands...

and maybe i exaggerated a little, but just cuz suiryu is 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% dead doesnt mean he can ONLY use 1/10 quindecillionth of his power... so your argument is kind of flawed here. but whatever, thats not important.

can you do the upgrades ryu?

I'm not sure if anyone's interested. You'd have to politely ask someone on their wall.

Yes it does. If 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of his power is gone or that amount of him is "dead", then Suiryu only has 1/10 quindecillionth of his strength left to use. Even then, I'm sorry but you completely exaggerated, not just "a little", and assumed a ridiculously high multiplier out of nothing but hype. But that's irrelevant now I guess.

Since Ant gave AMM permission first and he might want to be the one to do it, I'll wait until he responds. Then do it myself if he won't.

Powerscaling is good and I don't mean it shouldn't be used. I just prefer to err on the side of caution and use feats primarily along with context. Of course, different series work differently and the same goes for some attacks (like Vegito having Universal-levels of destruction but only causing explosions the size of city-blocks).

Personally I don't think either the feats or the scaling supports Suiryu having mountain-busting level attack potency...

@Damage Okay then. Armored Boros got hurt by an attack that only cracked the wall and he doesn't have other feats. To be on the "err side", he's Street level.

Carnage Kabuto's destruction at most made craters around the building. And he's got no other feats. He's now Wall level.

Monster Garou's greatest destructive feats are destroying massive rocks. He's now Building level.

Suiryu is several levels far beyond multiple people with mid end City level feats (Fodder Genos and Demon level Beefcake). He does have scaling and feats to support being Mountain level. If you're now starting to acknowledge Attack Potency and powerscaling, this case is not different than Vegito's or the others I've listed.

@ryukama

exactly, if we go by that logic, most dbs characters would be like wall level. SEVERAL dbs characters are universe level, yet 99.999999% of their feats are like WALL LEVEL.

so i guess we gotta downgrade hit, android 17, android 18, krillin, yamcha, ssb goku, etc. to like 9-B.

flawless logic right there

> Okay then. Armored Boros got hurt by an attack that only cracked the wall and he doesn't have other feats besides powerscaling. To be on the "err side", he's Street level.

That would be ignoring context and other feats.

> Carnage Kabuto's destruction at most made craters around the building. And he's got no other feats. He's now Wall level.

That's also ignoring context; he is a Dragon-level threat and by defintion not wall-level. A lack of destructive feats does not necessarily mean ranking a character with the lowest possible rating.

> Monster Garou's greatest destructive feats are destroying massive rocks. He's not Building level.

Ignoring the feats Garo has of wounding S-class heroes that have higher durability than Building-level.

> Suiryu is several levels far beyond multiple people with mid end City level feats (Fodder Genos and Demon level Beefcake). He does have scaling to support being Mountain level.

Suiryu is stronger than those characters, I agree. That does not necessarily mean he can destroy a larger area / hurt a character with a higher durability that what those characters can hurt.

Despite being Demon-level, Beefcake has amazing destructive feats. This does not mean that every single character portrayed as being more powerful than Beefcake can destroy the same, or harder things than him.

Once again; I'm not stating that going purely by feats is a good thing. Just that it gives a better indication than mindless powerscaling that doesn't take into account context and other factors.

perhaps we should upgrade suiryu to at least 7-A.

and since choze (who is demon level most likely) scales to suiryu, he's also 7-A.

and since every s class hero is supposed to be able to defeat at least one demon level monster, every s class hero should be upgraded to 7-A.

what do you think ryu?

Damage3245 said:
Despite being Demon-level, Beefcake has amazing destructive feats. This does not mean that every single character portrayed as being more powerful than Beefcake can destroy the same, or harder things than him.
yes it does. thats how powerscaling works. if character A destroys a city and character B is stronger than character A, then character B is automatically city level as well.

Jonathanlighter said:
Damage3245 said:
yes it does. thats how powerscaling works. if character A destroys a city and character B is stronger than character A, then character B is automatically city level as well.
Stronger, yes. More destructive? Not necessarily.

That's part of the context I mentioned.

furthermore, saying that suiryu cant be mountain level cuz he has no feats on that level is ALSO ignoring context. cuz bakuzan is a dragon level threat, so he's automatically stronger than the sea king who is AT LEAST on par with beginning of series genos (who easily performed a city level feat). therefore bakuzan is AT THE VERY least, city level. and a 99% dead suiryu injured him. so mountain level seems accurate if you ask me

You do realize I don't actually believe these things right? I'm only demonstrating how ridiculous your arguments of ignoring powerscaling and going by feats/Area of Effect only are.

"Suiryu is stronger than those characters, I agree. That does not necessarily mean he can destroy a larger area / hurt a character with a higher durability that what those characters can hurt."

Suiryu has shown to be vastly stronger than characters with mid end City level Attack Potency. Get this "destroy a larger area" stuff out of your mind. We don't rate characters like this. And you admitted we don't rate other characters like this.

Just in the way it doesn't matter that Monster Garou's destructive feats only reach Building level when he scales to Planet levels. How Carnage Kabuto's destructive feats only reaching Wall level doesn't matter when he scales to City levels. How Armored Boros's destructive feats only reaching Street level don't matter when he scales to higher levels. Or how Vegito's destructive feats only reaching City Block level don't matter when he scales to Universal.

Then Suiryu's destructive feats only reaching Large Town don't matter when he is vastly superior to people with City level feats. What Suiryu has destroyed does not matter and you're putting him on a weird double standard you're not putting any of these other people on.

Okay, I'll be stopping here. I just wanted to make my point that I don't think the feats or scaling support an upgrade.

I don't think Choze should be upgraded to 7-A. He only held out for a little bit against Suiryu and as soon as Suiryu used his super moves Choze got blasted away.

@ryukama

"Suiryu has shown to be vastly stronger than characters with mid end City level Attack Potency."

which characters are you talking about?

@Jonathan Fodder Genos and Demon level Beefcake.

@Damage "I just wanted to make my point that I don't think the feats or scaling support an upgrade."

Except they do, and your only argument they don't is simply the same "they don't destroy much" stuff which we've already extensively gone through why it isn't valid on this site and you've now acknowledged isn't.

We rate characters here on the potency and energy values of their attacks. Not on Area of Effect. If you'd rather we not do this and go with your previous suggestion of things like not rating Vaccine Man's City level feat 7-B cause it didn't destroy a city. Or not rate someone vastly stronger than a 7-B as that cause they didn't destroy a city. Then I'm sorry but you should probably go on a different site cause we do not rate anyone in this matter and likely never will.

I agree with Ryukama. Also, he should obviously also feel free to edit Suiryu's profile.

@Ant Thank you and I know. Just wanted to be considerate to AMM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back