• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

suiryu upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AMM Thanks for the help. And yeah Suiryu being 16x stronger than Darkshine is quite funny lol

As I've told you before "what a feat looks like to you" means absolutely nothing if you do not actually calculate it.

"It doesn't look more than 10 tons" or "this looks only Subsonic+" aren't arguments. "It's only 10 tons and this is only Subsonic+ based upon mathematical evidence I provided" is an argument.

Also just because Suiryu can lift more than Tanktop Master, doesn't mean TM couldn't still kick his ass. Lifting Strength and Striking Strength/AP don't always scale.

even if you calc that i doubt you get more than 10-50 tons,still not even close to 1 milion(!) tons the different is way too big

I'm not saying I think this feat is as impressive as Suiryu's. But you can't assert the level of a feat or assign a rating to it based only one what it looks like to you.

And as I said Suiryu's and TM's Lifting Strength has never been established to be comparable to each other nor does it need to for the sake of consistency. Suiryu can still outlift TM as much as he wants but get curbstomped by TM were they ever to get in a fight.

@Jonathan I'm not getting into Suiryu vs Tanktop Master. I'm just saying even if hypothetically TM could curbstomp Suiryu, that doesn't mean his Lifting Strength has to be comparable to Suiryu's.

We don't know if that's true. At best he kept up with a Demon Class monster and got a bit injured. Meanwhile Puri-Puri-Prisoner, someone said to be weaker than Tanktop, could beat the giant Demon Class Bird that attacked King's place.

Clearly we can't just compare two different people if not enough feats are shown. Relying on feats of them being curbstomped ain't good.

@Jonathan You can politely comment Darkanine and AMM about that if you wish. But please don't get upset if they can't/don't want to do so.

Also make sure to post the full scans. The hill doesn't look as big in that pic than the whole thing.

Opm feat 2

Nah that's a cropped picture. And it's not as if nobody gives a shit. It's that everyone is busy and has their own lives to handle. Don't think of them as robots. Watch your tone.

He means that you used crude language, and was too demanding. We are currently extremely overworked managing several dozen revision threads at once.

(warning, slightly off topic.)

Interestingly enough, Boros may have the best lifting strength feat. Where he picks up a massive part of his ship; throws it right at Saitama, resulting in him piercing through his ship (doing more damage than Tatsumaki was doing with all the bullets.) Unfortunately, it appears this feat was retconned; as it doesn't appear in the volume release. I won't argue with getting the moon kick instead though, but I wonder why it wasn't included at all. Considering the artwork; the amount of time it took to draw.

There is also another (although unrelated) change, Saitama's usual curious expression during Boros' charge is replaced with Saitama expressing (what appears to be) genuine surprise when Boros charges right at him. All this has me very curious as to what makeover the Garou fight will receive; should remind you to always be on the lookout for the volume releases. As it's very possible big changes can be made.

Okay. So do you suggest a strength upgrade for Boros and Saitama?

Austrian-Man-Meat- like you say yourself that feat retconned so i dont think you can use that,but i think it possible to put Boros lifting as "at least G class" since he should be far superior to tatsumaki

Jonathanlighter said:
the feat wasnt retconned. its still valid
Mangaka usually edit, add or remove parts when it comes to a volume release. In this case, major changes were made to the Boros fight. What I mentioned about Boros throwing a massive pillar at Saitama was replaced with Boros punching Saitama so hard he incinerates a gigantic portion of the spaceship (still doing more damage than Tatsumaki's bullets did) and launching Saitama to the moon. This is the final version of the product, meaning all events not included may as well be non-canon. The whole point of my post was to display the importance of checking out the volume releases to see if any additions were made.

By the way about Suiryu,dont forget he was barely able to get up from Gouketsu's body weigh(i know he wasnt in his best sharp but still) and i hardly can believe that his weigh even close to 1000+ tons

Suspend your disbelief, Gouketsu must weigh a shit-ton if Suiryu is just barely able to lift up his foot. It's not like you've even got any statements showing Gouketsu weighs 500kg or anything, you're just basing this off your incredulity.

And suiryu was severely injured when gouketsu stepped on him, at full power he would've lifted it much easier. And gouketsu IS heavy as ****. The ground literally crumbles when he walks

What the others said. And Gouketsu holding down Suiryu is more of a thing of Gouketsu just being stronger rather than Suiryu can't lift Gouketsu's weight.

If a 200lb powerlifter were to restrain me to the ground with his arms, the fact that I couldn't move his arms away doesn't mean I can't lift 200lbs off the floor. Just that the powerlifter's hold is too strong for me to break free from.

New chapters available here.

- Apparently, Gouketsu says that Bakuzan is a dragon level threat, albeit much weaker than he is. May have to wait for a translation to confirm this.

- Suiryu manages to withstand a thunder-clap from Bakuzan, despite being in the state he is.

- Gouketsu puts a hole in the arena with just the air pressure of his punch alone, it also looks restrained. Looks calc-worthy as it's pulverisation.

I wouldn't say it's a thunder-clap. Looks like a full, over-the-head double-punch from Bakuzan.

And Gouketsu's punch is impressive but it's hard to say how restrained he was. It looks like he was making a statement by showing off his power.

If Suiryu while weakened can survive Dragon level beatings, I think this helps justify his At least 7-B rating a lot more.

He at least survived one hit from Bakuzan. I doubt he's just going to die, but I guess we should wait.

Goketsu deserves a mountain level rating for sure based on recent feats. He's vastly superior to Suiryu who could withstand city level poundings from Bakuzan. Honestly 7-A is lowballing Goketsu.

i was just about to say that. bakuzan is a dragon level threat, so he should be significantly stronger than both the sea king and the beast king, who is stronger than armored gorilla, who is stronger than mosquito girl, who fodderized genos who has a city level feat. and gouketsu was literally pinching bakuzans full powered attack like nothing.

"I was just about to say that. bakuzan is a dragon level threat"

According to Gouketsu's judgement, doubt he would be wrong on this though.

"So he should be significantly stronger than both the sea king and the beast king"

We don't really know that, both beings fought against Saitama; it's possible their threat levels could have been decreased as not to harm the reputation of the HA.

"who is stronger than mosquito girl"

I wouldn't be so sure of that, Genos was doing quite well against her until she took all the blood from the other mosquitos; at that point, it's possible her threat level increased but was kept to what it was before since Saitama just smacked her into a building.

And both beings got completely curbstomped and casually one shot by Saitama. Them "fighting" him isn't a good reason to say they're stronger than a Dragon.

Sea King handed those heroes' asses to them. How would the HA pretending he's weaker than he really was not harm their reputation? If anything it'd do the opposite.

Beast King is officially listed as a Demon level in the One Punch Man Encyclopedia, and is canonly stronger than Mosquito Girl.

A Dragon level should be stronger than both of them. Especially since in the webcomic Genos stated that his latest upgrade now makes him able to fight a Dragon.

So the HA wants to pretend some of their supposed best heroes and high ranking underlings got their asses handed to them by a monster much weaker than he actually was?

They're going to say that these heroes they claimed to be super strong that the public could rely on are actually much weaker than they said despite that not being the case?

How would that not make the HA look worse if anything? And there already was an explanation for Saitama one shotting him. "The other heroes weakened Sea King for him."

There's really nothing to indicate that Sea King isn't a Demon level. There's the statements in the series. The official OPM Encyclopedia says he's Demon level. It makes sense feat wise for Sea King to be weaker than Dragon since Genos at least somewhat slightly held his own against him, despite a vastly superior Genos saying he can only now fight a Dragon.

The only argument that Sea King's a Dragon is the assumption the HA lied about his rating (and I guess ONE did too). When that is never indicated to be the case and it makes little sense for them to lie about that in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back