• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

suiryu upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's wait until the chapter is out and translated.

I agree with Ant that we should wait until the chapter is out and translated. However I want to point out this wouldn't just be a durability upgrade, even if he does nothing but withstand serious beatings from Gouketsu.

Given that Suiryu was able to beat someone that can harm him (Choze), his durability and AP scale to each other.

Of course if he's doing rather badly against Gouketsu it'd be noted Suiryu's not quite as strong. But if he can survive City level attacks and physically defeat someone that harmed him with their strikes, his AP should be City level as well.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if we can scale Suiryu to Gouketsu. Gouketsu is clearly just toying around with him. Even going as far as to "pinch" his full powered attacks and beat him around using finger flicks. Along with Gouketsu bragging that he's even holding back when merely stepping on him and Suiryu saying that Gouketsu is superior to him in every aspect.

However I think we can scale him to the fact that the A-Classes Suiryu no-diffed are now fighting off the Demon level crows. Along with Suiryu himself while even in a drastically weakened state appearing to be fighting good against a crow at the end of the chapter.

Ryukama said:
I'm sorry but I'm not sure if we can scale Suiryu to Gouketsu. Gouketsu is clearly just toying around with him. Even going as far as to "pinch" his full powered attacks and beat him around using finger flicks. Along with Gouketsu bragging that he's even holding back when merely stepping on him and Suiryu saying that Gouketsu is superior to him in every aspect.
However I think we can scale him to the fact that the A-Classes Suiryu no-diffed are now fighting off the Demon level crows. Along with Suiryu himself while even in a drastically weakened state appearing to be fighting good against a crow at the end of the chapter.
That weakened Suiryu did way more damage to one of the crows than the heroes did.

gouketsu is clearly 7-A. we just dont have enough evidence. gouketsu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sea king>>>>>>>beast king>>>>>>>>>>armored gorilla>>>>mosquito girl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>beginning of series genos. and bos genos is still city level. gouketsu is clearly mountain level and suiryu tanking hits from him is more than enough for city level

"are you kidding me? suiryu is definitely at least low to mid s class. once again, suiryu did much better against gouketsu, the same guy who shitstomped genos. and ONE said that genos is strong even for an s class hero"

We have no idea how Genos did against Gouketsu since it's was an offpanel battle (though it was heavily indicated Genos got stomped, but we don't know to what degree) And Gouketsu clearly shitstomped Suiryu as well.

I think we should hold off on scaling Suiryu to Gouketsu for now. But rate him as City level since he effortlessly one shot guys who can take on the Demon level crows.

I agree city level is the least we can give Suiryu. Fighting off a demon level monster while severely injured is very impressive and worthy of a big upgrade for him and Choze.

Jonathanlighter said:
Ryop said:
are you kidding me? suiryu is definitely at least low to mid s class. once again, suiryu did much better against gouketsu, the same guy who shitstomped genos. and ONE said that genos is strong even for an s class hero
Gouketsu cleary toy and play with Suiryu and even when he didnt want to kill he broke his arm and crash him

We didnt see the fight between Genos and Goukestu he probably use more power against him than Suiryu

the top of A calss can do the same as Suiryu like Iaian and others

Suiryu is on S-Class level. He can effortlessly one shot people able to take on Demon levels.

Gouketsu clearly isn't a regular Dragon level. And it's explicitly stated he isn't. The fact that he handed Suiryu's ass to him shouldn't be used to argue for Suiryu being weak.

Ryukama said:
Suiryu is on S-Class level. He can effortlessly one shot people able to take on Demon levels.
Gouketsu clearly isn't a regular Dragon level. And it's explicitly stated he isn't. The fact that he handed Suiryu's ass to him shouldn't be used to argue for Suiryu being weak.
Who? Max and Sneck? they cant take demons level,thoes Crows monsters are very weak demon level that not say too much,by the way also Iaian and the others AS's displce can one shot them effortlessly that still dont make them S class level

The Crows are stated by the narration to be Demon level and Gouketsu has appointed them as his minions. There's no reason to assume they are vastly inferior to average Demons.

AS's disciples are S-Class level. The only reason they're in A-Class is cause Sweet Mask is holding them back. That's made very clear and explicitly stated.

Someone who can effortlessly one shot people on par with Demon levels should be S-Class level.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
The Three Crows are demon level, it's unknown whether or not each crow is demon level.
Wait they were only stated to be Demon level when working together?

Even if each one is only 1/3 the power of a Demon level though, shouldn't that still be 7-B? Apologies if I am missing something.

The Three Crows have a demon level threat level, it's possible that ranking is contributed to them as a group rather than each individual one.

Okay. But if we were to say only their combined powers of all 3 of them equate to being as strong as a Demon level, wouldn't that still be 7-B? Albiet to a lower degree.

Like Austrian-Man-Meat say they said to be together Demon level which mean they probably weaker separately

AS disciples are not S class level Iaian say himself that the S class power level is different from him

Ryop said:
We didnt see the fight between Genos and Goukestu he probably use more power against him than Suiryu

iaian IS s class level. the only reason why iaian isnt s class is because of amai mask

Ryop said:
AS disciples are not S class level Iaian say himself that the S class power level is different from him
Yeah obviously guys like Bang, Atomic Samurai and Metal Bat would be more powerful than Iaian. But it is explicitly said multiple times that Iaian is on S-Class level, that the Top 10 A-Classes are comparable to S-Classes, and that AS's disciples would be in S-Class if not for Sweet Mask refusing to let them pass.

Jonathanlighter said:
Ryop said:
iaian IS s class level. the only reason why iaian isnt s class is because of amai mask
he can enter to S class if amai mask wasnt in the first place that right but he is weaker than the others S class

Ryop said:
he can enter to S class if amai mask wasnt in the first place that right but he is weaker than the others S class
Weaker than =/= Isn't comparable to or on a similar level as.

Yeah there are a good amount of S-Classes stronger than Iaian. That doesn't mean he isn't comparable to the level of an S-Class or on par with some of them.

Bang and Lightspeed obviously shitstomp Genos. Does that mean Genos is no longer on S-Class level just because there are S-Classes stronger than him? Iaian may not be as strong as other S-Classes, but he is explicitly on S-Class level.

Either way this has nothing to do with the proposed revisions so the topic should probably be dropped.

Actually, I'm not sure if they should still be 7-B, seeing as Snek and Max can one-shot each one. I'm kinda thinking each one would be like a Tiger-Level threat, albeit on a higher scale. Something like Kombou Infinity I suppose.

Can we just take the time and appreciate how awesome the return of Lightning Max and Sneck was? And how awesome to see them take down those three crows? Although I'm disappointed in Bakuzan. Really, he could've been useful or be stronger than Suiryu but guess not.

And yeah some A-class rankers are pretty strong, didn't you guys see the chapter with Smiles and uh his two other emotion buddies? And yeah even then it would still be 7-B, I'm pretty sure they're each Demon level anyway

"At least City level (Effortlessly one shot Lightning Max and Sneck, who are capable of taking on the Demon level 3 Crows)"

@AMM How does this sound? I don't think the semantics of specifying whether each are Demon level or if all combined are if we're taking both interpretations as still being 7-B.

EDIT: Okay it seems like you don't support the upgrade anymore then. However if they are 1/3 the power of a Demon level, the fact that Snek and Max overpowered them wouldn't mean they are no longer close to Demon level. Rather Snek and Max are close to Demon level. Plus we don't even know if they're referring to them only being Demon level when combined to begin with.

Ryukama said:
Ryop said:
Weaker than =/= Isn't comparable to or on a similar level as.
Yeah there are a good amount of S-Classes stronger than Iaian. That doesn't mean he isn't comparable to the level of an S-Class or on par with some of that.

Bang and Lightspeed obviously shitstomp Genos. Does that mean Genos is no longer on S-Class level just because there are S-Classes stronger than him? Iaian may not be as strong as other S-Classes, but he is explicitly on S-Class level.
I mean that Iaian is the weakest compared to all S class so there is no one to compare him

Yeah, that's fine with me.

"Can we just take the time and appreciate how awesome the return of Lightning Max and Sneck was?"

Yeah, it was pretty badass; it taught Suiryu a lesson in humility and how virtuous these heroes really are.

"didn't you guys see the chapter with Smiles and uh his two other emotion buddies?"

I did; the reason some threats have lower ratings than we'd expect (like a hydrated Deep Sea King) is because they want to keep face when a certain B-Class hero just comes out of nowhere and one punches them. Explains quite a bit honestly. An informative chapter.

Max and Sneck cant take all the 3 crow together they are probably together demon level not alone we cant scaling them and the crows are one of the weakest demon level we see in the series there so i dont think we cant use them as proof

Ryukama said:
"At least City level (Effortlessly one shot Lightning Max and Sneck, who are capable of taking on the Demon level 3 Crows)"

@AMM How does this sound? I don't think the semantics of specifying whether each are Demon level or if all combined are if we're taking both interpretations as still being 7-B.
Sneck mentions that his hero clothes are way more durable than his martial arts clothes, while Lightning Max is supposedly able to take them out because of his shoes' AP, so I don't know if Suiryu really scales to that. However Suiryu was able to one shot a crow once the A class heroes returned (its neck was ripped apart an it's eye was popping out).

Also,in order to be S class you need to be able defeat Demon level so you want to tell me Max and sneck are S class level? of course not,thoes crows cleary not Demon level alone

Cough ignoring the fact that those two took the Demon class by surprise and Sweet Mask won't let anyone reach S-Class anyway cough

Sorry, sinuses

But yeah it's not that big of a gap in the end. Or you know... the two are stronger in the end + they also got a good hit early on?

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Cough ignoring the fact that those two took the Demon class by surprise and Sweet Mask won't let anyone reach S-Class anyway cough
Sorry, sinuses

But yeah it's not that big of a gap in the end. Or you know... the two are stronger in the end + they also got a good hit early on?
they didnt kill them in surpise they were still alive after their attack and then,they all attack head on those crows 1v1 and probably win(so it look like) this prove those crow absolutelynot Demon level alone since there is no way fodders like Max and Sneck are S class

Man you're sounding like the audience from the OPM : D Oh this guy can't possibly beat him since they're just fodder. There's no way that can be true.

All kidding aside, Sneck and Lightning Max were also one of the few who were able to keep up with a High Demon Class like SeaKing. By keep up I mean react initially and even survive an attack (a couple for Lightning Max) and why is SeaKing High Demon class? Pripri Prisoner would have an easy time defeating a regular Demon Class but lost against Seaking. Is it that far fetched to say they're stronger than they seem?

Also thinking about Suiryu was still able to stand up, I agree with Ryukama and Suiryu being City level.

sea king just play with them there is noting tocompere them to him there was also some others B\C class with sneck is that mean they are can take Demon? we cant use thier "fight" with Sea King to prove somthing

I found this i think this pertty much porve Gouketsu was way serious agaisnt Genos than Suiryu snd that he is not close to Genos level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back