• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Can we create a thread to ask some questions about calculations and such? Like a discussion thread but for calculations. It's easier than creating different threads to address different sujects.

Do you mean a general thread in which you ask for well-informed input before publishing calculations? If so, that seems like a quite good idea to me.

Yeah, and asking things like "Hey how do I calc this?" or "Hey do you know a good site to calc this", "Do you know a method or the info for this?" and stuff like that.

Yes, to me as well.

So an official wiki management forum thread then? Is somebody willing to write a draft text for the first post? I am very tired currently.

Like the All-porpose thread..

"Use this thread for questions regarding calculations and information about it in general.

Question regarding methods, information about in real life data and help when calculating feats.

All Calculation Group Members should preferably subscribe to it."

Something like this.

I made a few minor modifications:

"Use this thread for questions regarding how to perform calculations and related general information.

This includes asking for information regarding methods, real life data, and help when calculating feats.

All Calculation Group Members should preferably subscribe to it."

Is this acceptable?

Also, what should we call the thread?

Maybe "Calculations instructions requests thread"? I am bad at the grammar regarding when to use or not use plural though.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or if this is just something on my end but the first tabber overlaps with the text above it

We have mentioned this to Fandom a few times previously. It is a ticketed issue that they are trying to fix.

Calculations Discussion Thread works for me.
Okay. I suppose that we could use that then.

I would just prefer if the intended use of the thread should be better clearly specified, since people who want to create calculations are going to ask questions regarding how to make them.

Also, since this will likely cause our calc group a greater workload than currently, shouldn't I send them a notification first, so they can decide if it seems like a good idea?

It's just a discussion thread. People can discuss about calcs, methods and whatnot even if they are not calc group members. This should be similar to any general discussion thread we have for verses and such. Calc group members can participate voluntarily, they are not forced to participate, so I don't see an issue. But it doesn't hurt to send them a notification informing about this.

Can we create a thread to ask some questions about calculations and such? Like a discussion thread but for calculations. It's easier than creating different threads to address different sujects.
@DontTalkDT @Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @Amelia_Lonelyheart @DragonGamerZ913

Can you read the discussion following the above post please? What do you think about this idea?

Just a note that this would be an official wiki management thread.

Sounds like a decent idea to me. Though I'm normally happy to help if threads of this nature are made in general or people ask on my message wall. But a single thread for questions could work too.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a general thread specific to calculation-related matters.

Though I do have a concern: shouldn't this discussion thread be held in our Calc Group Discussion board? It IS essentially our workshop and it just seems to make most sense to hold said thread there.

Last edited:
Well, I am not certain. We keep all current official discussion threads (that we link to in our wiki navigation bar) in the wiki management forum, but I suppose that we could simply stick the thread at the top of the calc group forum as well, and link to that instead.

That's fine. I think Migue has a good idea, though. People are more likely to be looking for help with a calc in the Calc Group Discussion forum than Official Discussion, even if this does technically fit the latter more.

Okay. I suppose that we can stick the new thread at the top of the calc group forum then, and if that does not work out, we can simply move it to the wiki management forum instead.

Okay. Thank you for the input. I will create a new thread for this purpose then.

I say this in good faith, but expanding the rules doesn't hurt. As the community grows I think a lot of rules can do with more specifics as well expand rules related to sensitive matters since reviewing the current rules still leaves a lot of leeway for sensitive topics that might not belong on the forum.

It wouldn't be easier to read through our rules in a long list here than in our wiki, and it is more convenient to keep them all in the wiki, so different staff members can update the pages when necessary, not just myself.

I don't think that the idea of opening moves is accurate. Most battles don't actually happen in a duel fashion where both members of the battle do their moves at the same time. Some of the time they happen with one sneak attacking the other, or a classic villain bragging about his powers and he gets mindhaxxed in the middle of the speech. Long story short I think that the idea of characters opening with attacks should be revised, at the very least people in vs battles should specify the kind of battle and how it gets started (Dio sneak attacks Goku, Dimentio opens the void and the doctor tries to stop him, etc)

I don't think that the idea of opening moves is accurate. Most battles don't actually happen in a duel fashion where both members of the battle do their moves at the same time. Some of the time they happen with one sneak attacking the other, or a classic villain bragging about his powers and he gets mindhaxxed in the middle of the speech. Long story short I think that the idea of characters opening with attacks should be revised, at the very least people in vs battles should specify the kind of battle and how it gets started (Dio sneak attacks Goku, Dimentio opens the void and the doctor tries to stop him, etc)
@DontTalkDT @AKM sama @Promestein

What do you think?

People can specify any scenario they wish as long as it's balanced. Always could.
The SBA also doesn't specify that characters start with attacks at all, although it serves to set up a duel in which all participants have equal opportunity to be the aggressor. Don't see anything wrong with that, though.

Opening moves as "Things the character does first once he starts fighting" definitely make sense.

Last edited:
Okay. That makes sense to me. Thank you for the reply.

I am not sure if it is necessary, or at least it is not a high priority.

It was the case before. A welcome message was sent automatically on the wiki. It was yeeted after Fandom's update for some reason. I am sure Ant has asked them to restore that function. Let's see.

Back