• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Well, we can inform our members about that it is inappropriate when done in a vulgar manner, but I do not think that we should punish them unless severe slurs are involved.

I do not know how it affect's Google's seach results.

Well, we could inform our members about that it is inappropriate when done in a vulgar manner, but I do not think that we should punish them unless severe slurs are involved.
It depends on circumstances, but ya if thread moderators can at least see which slur is being flirted, this would be good. The only disadvantage I see (which can actually be avoided by understanding the context) is to be confused with other slurs.

Remember that N-word has the same count as f-word

You know, I think it would be great for us to have the ability to sort the posts (newest to oldest and vice-versa) whenever we search for something on our forum. I'm struggling to find the relevant results sometimes.

Though, since we're on the subject, one suggestion for improvement IMO would be switching the default search sorting to "Date" instead of "Relevance." I share the sentiment that the "relevance" sorting is confusing and in the most typical cases people want to see it by date.

Wouldn't the phrasing "at least light speed" instead of "faster than light speed" for the Kinetic Energy Feats page be better given:
  1. We don't to make up a technical incorrect definition due to the speed of light not being greater than itself,
  2. Has slightly less characters

Wouldn't the phrasing "at least light speed" instead of "faster than light speed" for the Kinetic Energy Feats page be better given:
  1. We don't to make up a technical incorrect definition due to the speed of light not being greater than itself,
Makes no big difference, but technically ok.

So should the phrasing in question be changed then?

What do our staff members here think?
You need likely to ping them.
@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X

What do you think?

Okay. Never mind then. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

There are cases where moving at Exactly the speed of light does qualify as Infinite Relativistic Kinetic energy; albeit very rare. Where as FTL KE is unquantifiable outright. So I do think it might imply a slightly wrong idea.

Yes, agreed. Never mind then, as I said above. 🙏

Do we have a feature to pin very important or relevant comments in a thread to the top of a thread, and if not can we have such a feature.

No. My apologies, but that would turn reading our threads too messy/incoherent.

So I noticed an added feature has been removed

A few weeks back, there's this nice feature where opening a page of on a forum regardless of how it's done (Such as returning to a previously opened page or opening a page after browser has been inactive) causes it to reload/refresh automatically unlike how it used to be and is now (That being it just loads the page in the state when the user first opened it).

Is there a reason why this feature is removed?

I am not sure if I understand what change that you are referring to here.

I am not sure if I understand what change that you are referring to here.
You know how that button on the top left of the browser on chrome (The two directional arrows) that allows you to return to pages that were opened previously before you clicked onto a new site or vice versa, allowing you to go forward? Well when I do that, it goes back into the page in the state it was when it was first opened. So anything I did on that page after I opened it isn't displayed (Such as liked comments or posted comments) until I reload it (Pressing the circular arrow next to the two directional arrows). Same logic as when I leave a browser unactive for a while, it looks like it loaded but it simply loaded the page in the state it was first opened before I did anything on that page

At some point, it didn't do that. Instead it automatically reloaded whenever I went back or reopened it so I didn't have to manually reload it

Okay. That is probably a change in your browser's structure rather than this forum though.

At some point, it didn't do that. Instead it automatically reloaded whenever I went back or reopened it so I didn't have to manually reload it
I can vouch for it, I have noticed the same problem myself. Which browser do you use btw?
I have tried it on both Chrome and Firefox, as well as phone and desktop, the page doesn't reload and only loads the page in the previous state, when I use the back button.

Can you both try to properly explain the problem here please, as well as why it is a problem?

The problem seems to be that they believe that, at some point, we had a feature which allowed users to use the "Go back one page" feature in a browser to return to a thread they had just left, which would be updated when they did so. Now it no longer does that, and it instead returns to the state that the thread was at when they left it- new messages aren't present.

As far as I'm personally aware this was never a feature of our forum, and there's nothing we can do about it as such.

The problem seems to be that they believe that, at some point, we had a feature which allowed users to use the "Go back one page" feature in a browser to return to a thread they had just left, which would be updated when they did so. Now it no longer does that, and it instead returns to the state that the thread was at when they left it- new messages aren't present.
Your description of the problem we observed is accurate although I would not word it as a feature we had once and both of us stopped having since the 1st of September. It would be quite odd since it's a feature we observed that is agnostic of browsers as well as devices.

Also, now when we press the back button it goes to such a previous state, that even the message timestamps aren't updated and even the notifications that we have just read through still show up.
This didn't happen until the 1st of September which is quite odd.

Hence, why I asked if this is something that's been changed on accident.

I think that it is due to your own browser settings, but you can just use your reload buttons to update the pages instead. It is likely not a significant problem.

If you see the Lightning Feats page in the dark mode of the wiki, you can't see the formula
I think the best thing would be to put a background on it
Honestly fair enough. Could make it the same color as the lightmode background color, so it appears transparent to lightmode users.

If everyone's cool with it, I can handle it when I get home (about 7 hours from now), if I remember.

Though, since we're on the subject, one suggestion for improvement IMO would be switching the default search sorting to "Date" instead of "Relevance." I share the sentiment that the "relevance" sorting is confusing and in the most typical cases people want to see it by date.
Bump this suggestion. Yeah, we basically don't care about Relevance at all, it just shows random comments and we in most if not all case are looking by date.

I doubt the developer would do this without some payment as this require some custom replacement and code to fit both styles in Xenforo. Also this seems low priority as you always can search by date through advanced search.

If this somewhat cost money then it's not a priority at all, just a very, very minor issue.

Honestly fair enough. Could make it the same color as the lightmode background color, so it appears transparent to lightmode users.

If everyone's cool with it, I can handle it when I get home (about 7 hours from now), if I remember.
Actually, why don't we simply use our Math formula feature? It is literally the same. I even think it was copied/screenshotted from a Wikipedia that used the feature.

Mind unlocking the page? I would do it.

Last edited:
Actually, why don't we simply use our math formula feature? It is literally the same.

Mind unlocking the page? I would do it.
...we have a math feature lol? News to me. I can unlock the page for you though, let me know when it's done so I can relock it.

Edit: right. Mobile. If someone else could change protections for the page for Dread, I'd appreciate it.

Back