• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no please no Mr.APM please don't report me to the teacher I'll get in trouble. Seriously it's necessary because I've repeated the point that I'm not even arguing about changing Garou's Full Monster Forms general tiering like 5 times now but people keep shoving ones statement down my throat about how he scales to Boros

It's what One said. Well that was 2016 One, there hasn't really been any evidence to contradict it. Yet.

We're just discussing it. It's a legitimate topic of debate to have.

I personally would prefer Garou to be stronger than Boros. I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm going to assume he won't get a feat better than Boros. He'll look more impressive and may get something in the 6-B or 6-A range, but the only reason Boros is High 6-A is because he has a scaling chain to Saitama's moon jump. Unless something similar happens or they nuke a large portion of the planet I don't think we'll see an upgrade.

Though who knows, could always be wrong.

I think Garou will set a new record for speed within OPM for sure.

Garou can actually react to and dodge casual Saitama which is awesome

No, Garou can't react to Casual Saitama. He is dodging before Saitama even attacks with his insane analysis predictions.

yeee thats what i meant.. he is bassically reacting to punches that havent happened yet.

Insane guy

there shouldnt be a post training key for saitama as saitama is still training, confirmed by murata

anyone who thinks that boros stands even the slightest chance against AG in hand to hand combat is smoking something good. boros' only chance would be to just nuke the shit outta everything but ag would poop on him before he could even think to do that

DbzDB2 said:
anyone who thinks that boros stands even the slightest chance against AG in hand to hand combat is smoking something good. boros' only chance would be to just nuke the shit outta everything but ag would poop on him before he could even think to do that
Uh, no? Boros heavily out-ranges, can maneuver around most of Garou's attacks with flight and has far better Regenerationn than the latter so him getting killed before being able to use CRSC is rather unlikely. Nevermind how both of them are around even physically. He has a pretty large window to pull back from Garou's range once he realises that he's being outskilled in CQC and just annahilate him from there.

Garou also has some range with the whirlwind iron cutting fist and has the better defense with the WSF.

ElixirBlue said:
Garou also has some range with the whirlwind iron cutting fist and has the better defense with the WSF.
Several meters isn't helping much against a flying opponent that has kilometres of range with his regular attacks and flight.

Let's postpone this hypothetical fight until we see Awakened Garou in the manga, alright?

Mind me saying something?
Priority: 3~2 (Scales to Tiger Level threat monsters)

Verse: One-Punch Ma

Feat description: Electric Catfish Ma can dig through solid concrete fast enough to catch an A-Class hero offguard

Please help as this is important in proper OPM power scaling.

Currently Wolf-level monsters like Piggy Banco are Wall level for this.

Tiger-level; monsters are small building but for no reason (or just scales above Piggy Bancon who is just Wall level).

I want to see if this would yield anything higher than 3.5259e7 Joules or 0.008 Tons of TNT (Small Building level).

SuperAPM said:
Piggy Bancon and every other tiger is small building via scaling to this
But

1. This is a Wall+ feat
  2. This is performed by Surprise Attack Plum, who is high 8-C.
We only know that Tiger level monsters like Crablante and Personification Of A Light Pull Cord scale above Piggy Banco who did this.

... hold it. Plum, as a Demon level threat, should be stronger than Kombu Infinity, who is high 8-C. But Kombu Infinity is a Tiger level threat. Does this mean Tiger level threats are high 8-C? Or is it simply a much stronger Tiger level threat and we still have weaker Tiger level threats like crab and cord? (which means that crab and cord are wall for stronger than piggy who is wall?)

1. Precisely, that is why they are scaled up to baseline 9-A

2. Surprise Attack Plum is not the point of focus here, the point of focus is the police officer who survived said attack. Since Bancon was able to casually knock out several police officers of comparable level and that his own extremely casual 9-B feat was already well high into this level, Piggy should scale to at least 9-B+. With every tiger level threat scaling up to 9-A

SuperAPM said:
Personally I am not comfortable for make them our baseline 9-A because of this. The OPM verse do not hold a VSBW attack potency chart.

But I think the Tigers (sans Kombu and anyone comparable to it) could scale to Electric Catfish Man (page to draft) who has a potentially 9-A feat by eyeballing.

Nah, since Catfish is a Tiger level threat, C-Class don't acale.

Qawsedf234 said:
Nah, since Catfish is a Tiger level threat, C-Class don't acale.
So

• C-class scale above wall+ "regular cop"
  • Tigers still scale to Catfish?
  • Wolves scale to the piggy now(?)
Thanks to SuperAPM and KGiffoni for helping out.

All heroes scale above said regular cop due to even weak C-Class heroes being considered superhuman and generally above normal humans. The HA has a specific fitness quota that has to be filled to qualify as a hero, even guys like Sekingar couldn't make it in despite his physique. Piggy Bancon also scales above said regular cop due to being able to casually knock out several cops of comparable strength. By proxy any and all Tiger level monsters scales above Piggy due to the latter only being a wolf level threat.

• C-class scale to cop
  • Tigers scale from Piggy
  • Tigers don't interscale without statements or feats backing such scaling

I can agree that all heroes scale above the "OPM regular cop". And Tigers scale above Piggy.

I am just aware that Tigers scaling above Piggy makes Tigers Wall+, not Small Building. And multipliers by a multiple to the "several cops" is a better proxy to blindly pushing the figure to a benchmark which is not even something in that verse.

Like recalling the basic rules of our tiering system: a character performs a feat that yields a value of AP yield, the character is at a certain tier level. Attack potency ... is measured via its energy damage equivalent.
We can scale a character to or above another character, and multipliers may apply if circumstances allow.
But we do not assign a random value in that regard.
Saying Crab and Cord is 3 times (or whatever the "several" number is) as strong as a "regular cop" is better than pushing the character to a benchmark which does not exist in the verse.
I do not even see a rule that allows calling some character straight baseline in AP without a proper energy yield calculation and/or scaling and/or multipliers.

The cops wall+ feat is so close to small building level that it basically is baseline 9-A. We know for a fact that heroes are well above cops and other regular humans, we definately know that Piggy Bancon is well above numerous cops of comparable level, and we especially know for a fact that Tigers are well above Piggy Bancon. At bare minimum that'd make all Tiger's 9-A by default. That's the whole point of the + tiering to begin with. I'd struggle to find a verse that does function in a similar fashion to the specific system of this site, but numerous verse's scale up to the next tier from a + level feat despite no multiplier being mentioned, i.e. Tien Shinhan scaling up to 7-A from King Piccolo's 7-B+ feat.

The cop feat is 1.7x below 9-A. While debately the C-class wouldn't fall under upscaling, Tigers and B-class defiently would.

Jasonsith said:
... hold it. Plum, as a Demon level threat, should be stronger than Kombu Infinity, who is high 8-C. But Kombu Infinity is a Tiger level threat. Does this mean Tiger level threats are high 8-C? Or is it simply a much stronger Tiger level threat and we still have weaker Tiger level threats like crab and cord? (which means that crab and cord are wall for stronger than piggy who is wall?)
We can't scale tigers to other tigers, since there's nothing saying that Kombu is a strong or a weak tiger. This goes for pretty much all OPM monsters. So yeah, Crablante doesn't scale to High 8-C.

Kombu once he defeated two A-Class heroes got promoted to "Tiger level threat or higher", as stated in both the manga and the anime. He's possibly one of, if not the strongest Tiger level monster in the series. Additionally, speed also matters here. Plum's (possibly) superior speed likely makes him a bigger threat than Kombu.

It's how I imagine Gouketsu labeled Bakuzan, since he didn't do any destruction on the level of other Dragon level monsters, he simply struck Suiryu really fast.

Gouketsu seemingly has the ability to sense how powerful someone is with a glance.

When he first layed eyes on the martial artists he noted they were disappointing compared to the older tournaments.

He probably based them off how easily Benpatsu ran away.

And Sludge is tough, for sure... But he doesn't have anything going for him in terms of strength or damage output, all he does is survive stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back