• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manga hasn't reached Full Monster Garou though, so how would he even know. Also are we assuming that ONE is saying webcomic Full Monster Garou scales to Manga Boros then?

No, he's saying that Manga Garou is comparable to Boros. Like obviously. He's the one who writes it, he obviously has an idea of the trajectory of his series. And even as far in as 2016 he's still saying that Garou is comparable to Boros. At the very least, he's saying that Garou will become comparable to Boros once he fully awakens in the Manga. Its obviously talking about the manga because Murata's wording it in such a way that ONE is given him instructions on what Garou's power is going to look like, and that he's going to have to "create the same visuals" that he did for Boros.

Eh, I dont think it's super concrete but could be used as supporting evidence. I'm still for removing his 6-A key for now since a lot of his abilities there came from the Webcomic and we have no idea how the manga will turn out. Unless you're fine with a mixmash of manga and webcomic Garou in a profile. Basically, I'll give you that Garou more likely than not will have 6-A AP and Dura at full monster, I just think we should wait for the Manga to get to it before reinstating it because with the manga redoing the fight he'll probably get new abilities or techniques and will probably be a longer fight. Or instead of removing the profile we just give him 6-A AP and all previous abilities.

That's not super concrete evidence. There were plans for the story to be structured in a different way before Murata drew it. Scenes with redrawn events, as in, changed their minds, like Child Emperor vs Phoenix Man.

One 2016 and 0ne 2020 will have different mind sets.

well even if ONE's changing the story a bit at the end of the day idk why he would change Garou to make him weaker so Garou is probably still 6-A, i just think we should only give him 6-A ap for now and nothing else at minimum if we're separating the webcomic and manga profiles

This has nothing to do with the webcomic. This is specifically a word of god statement referring to the events that will transpire in the Manga. Ergo there's nothing to wait for when that future chapter containing Saitama's and Garou's fight is already what's being referenced.

Word of God also said the manga Garou vs Saitama fight Is going to Eclipse the web comic.

Yeah 118's artwork was actually pretty good!

ONE is such a troll though with these build ups

Basically what elixir is saying, no were not trying to downgrade your favorite verses tiering don't be so defensive, we're just proposing making the current key for 6-A Garou webcomic only since the manga is clearly going in a different direction, maybe not in AP I'll give you that but giving manga garous profile a 6-A key and filling it with webcomic techniques and attacks wont work if we're separating the webcomic and manga profiles and the manga hasnt shown any of Garous full monster abilities in what is essentially a remaster

Antvasima removed Supernatural luck from King

Unfortunate.. One day king... one day

Most of Garou's abilities come from the Manga already. I can't think of a single ability that would need to be removed even when seperating both versions.

"Basically what elixir is saying, no were not trying to downgrade your favorite verses tiering don't be so defensive"

If we could keep pointless shit like this to a minimum, that would be very much appreciated. Its utterly pointless and adds absolutely nothing to the discussion, other than the possibility of creating bad blood between users.

what if Garou ends up being able to do something like a Kame Hame Ha when he finnally gets his fight against Saitama in the manga

I would find that really cool tbh haha

I never implied played downgrade. I implied upgrade to Garou's Tier. Possibly. Hopefully.

^

What I said applies, it wasnt pointless. Removing techniques not yet shown isn't a downgrade, he'll probably get similar just as good stuff in the manga when it gets there anyways. Also again, webcomic full monster garou won't be the same as manga full monster garou, we're just holding off on using webcomic stuff for manga garou. Also possibly, although the Galick Gun looked cooler

Yeah Garou shouldn't be downgraded. Murata has mentioned that ONE considers them equals on two different occasions and ONE has showed no indications that he disagrees with his previous fight analysis of the two.

We're not talking about downgrading Garou's 6-A ap,

We've been over this.

We just mostly agreed we'd be separating the webcomic and manga versions of the characters into different profiles. So maybe just maybe idk

We shouldn't use Webcomic Full Monster Garou feats, and techniques to support his manga Full Monster Key.

And we've been over this, again, and again, and again. The webcomic has nothing to do with this. We're talking about a statement from both ONE and murata specifically about the future events of the manga. And as I already told you, at least to my knowledge, every single ability garou has all comes from the manga to begin with.

Obviously the webcomic fight will be even crazier, compare the Boros fight between the webcomic and the manga, Murata added a lot of new stuff that solidified Boros as Saitama's strongest opponent so far, Boros didn't seem as tough in the webcomic, and Garou already seemed more impressive in comparison in the webcomic.

All we can extrapolate from ONE's statement about Boros and Garou is that they'll have similar AP, he didn't dive into any of the specifics. Also we're not talking about removing abilities, but techniques, how powerful his reactive evolution is, his feats against most S-classes and his abandonment because we don't know how Murata will redo the Full Monster Fight when he gets to it.

Again, stop taking this so personal, I just don't want a mix mash of webcomic and manga garou

Bedroombedrock said:
All we can extrapolate from ONE's statement about Boros and Garou is that they'll have similar AP, he didn't dive into any of the specifics.
This is actually a misconception. He did go into specifics.

Õ¥îÒü½þÖ╗Õá┤ÒüÖÒéïÒé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü¿Òü»Òü®ÒüíÒéëÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüäÒüïÒüºÒéêÒüÅÞ¡░Þ½ûÒü½Òü¬ÒéïÒüîÒÇü Õăõ¢£ÞÇàONE µø░ÒüÅÒÇî Òé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü¿Òâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü»Òü®ÒüúÒüíÒüáÒéìÒüåÒü¬´╝ƒÕëìÒü¥ÒüºÒü»þÁÂÕ»¥Òâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü«µû╣ÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒüæÒü®ÒÇü õ╗èÒü«Òé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü»ÒééÒüåÒü╗Òü╝ÒâæÒâ╝ÒâòÒéºÒé»ÒâêµÇ¬õ║║Òü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒü¬Òü¿ÒüôÒéìÒüîÒüéÒéïÒéôÒüºÒÇé ÒéÅÒüïÒéôÒü¬ÒüäÒüºÒüÖÒü¡ÒÇéÒüäÒüäÕïØÞ▓áÒâ╗Òâ╗Òâ╗ÒüäÒüäÕïØÞ▓áÒüÖÒéïÒü¿ÒüôÒéìÒüº µÄÑÞ┐æµêªÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒéëÒé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü«µû╣ÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüäÒéôÒüÿÒéâÒü¬ÒüäÒüïÒü¬Òü¿Òü»µÇØÒüäÒü¥ÒüÖÒü¡ÒÇé µÄÑÞ┐æµêªÒüªÒüäÒüåÒüïÒâæÒâ│ÒâüÒü¿ÒüïÒé¡ÒââÒé»Òü¿ÒüïÒÇüÒüØÒüåÒüäÒüåÒü«Òü»ÒüáÒüäÒüƒÒüäÚü┐ÒüæÒéëÒéîÒéïÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüåÒÇéÒÇì Òü¿Òü«ÒüôÒü¿ÒÇé

õ¢£õ©¡µÅÅÕåÖÒéÆÞªïÒüªÒééÒâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü»Õ£ºÕÇÆþÜäÒü¬ÒâæÒâ»Òâ╝ÒéäÕä¬ÒéîÒüƒÕåìþöƒÞ⢠Õèø ÒÇüÚüáÞÀØÚøóÒüïÒéëÒü«Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝µö╗µÆâÒü¬Òü®ÒüºµêªÒüåÒü«Òü½Õ»¥ÒüùÒé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü»Õä¬ÒéîÒüƒµá╝ÚùÿÞ⢠ÕèøÒéÆÒééÒüúÒüªµêªÒüåÒüƒÒéü´╝êµëïÕèᵩøÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü¿Òü»ÒüäÒüêÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×Òü«µö╗µÆâÒéÆõ¢òÕ║ªÒééÒüäÒü¬ÒüùÒüƒÒéèÒüïÒéÅÒüùÒüªÞªïÒüøÒüƒ)õ©ÇµªéÒü½Òü®ÒüíÒéëÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüäÒü¿ÒééÞ¿ÇÒüäÕêçÒéîÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé

Or, in a terrible translation

ONE: Garou or Boros, who would win? Before, Boros was definitely the stronger one, but Garou is now a near-perfect monster. I don't really know. A good match . . . I do believe Garou is stronger in close combat where things like punches and kicks can generally be avoided.

Even if you look at the portrait description, Boros will fight with overwhelming power, superior playback ability, energy attacks from a distance, while Garou will fight with excellent fighting ability (though I showed off and knocked down Saitama 's attack many times). I can not certainly say which is stronger.

At least in ONE's view Boros is more powerful, has better recovery, and better range. But Garou's extreme hth advantage is enough to throw the outcome into doubt in his view.

Garou's HtH ability was better than Boros hth even in half monster, it doesn't do anything except say he's a better technical fighter. So my point still stands

While his HtH skills are his main advantage when fighting Boros, the bigger take away is that he's still capable of damaging and reacting to Boros. As shown with Darkshine, if Garou doesn't have comparable levels of strength then he can't redirect any attacks. If he's capable of parrying Boros and being close enough for ONE to have a hard time to determine which is more powerful, then they're close enough to scale.

If you could cut the insults and keep things as civil as possible that would be very much appreciated. This is the second time I have had to give you this warning, step out of line a third time and I will have to report you for violating basic site rules.

@Bedroom

I agree with you on some levels. While I would like us not having webcomic canon on the profiles and separate them, the manga hasn't really cut any power from the webcomic.

Though, I believe Awaken Garou will be a lot stronger then what we currently imagine him to be, we have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back