• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark-Carioca said:
Out of curiosity, I just went through Tatsumaki's anime-only feat against the Ancient King since I calced his size but melting that 280 meter (diameter-wise) crater into the granite only gave me a result of ~6 MT, not even City level, which seems correct based on this page from a book about Space Flight. I think pulling that asteroid is also in the quadrillions of metric tons of force numbers-wise but that number seemed way too high and I'd probably done something wrong there.
Could you give me the value of the latter in tons of TNT?

DragonEmperor23 said:
Don't Heros get paid in OPM? It's more profitable. Being a villain isn't a good idea in OPM verse if what you want is money because you're likely to get yeeted by a high tier that happens to be passing by.
Heroes get paid, but its not much

• C-Class heroes get basically nothing. With a bonus chapter dedicated to Saitama baaically having no money despite not needing to pay for anything but food (which even then could be covered by Genos)
  • B-Class heroes also get basically nothing. The entire Blizzard Group had to get secondary jobs to afford one new large car, and even then they couldn't do it. Instead relying on Blizzard collecting bounties.
  • A-Class heroes is where it seems like they get money, with them being able to afford high tech stuff. But even Spring works a second job as a waiter. Meaning that the lower half may not get paid a lot
  • S-Class make bank tho
So honestly a villain probably gets paid more than most heroes, it just also puts them on a radar.

Was wrong about A-Class. Spring owns the bar and Suiryu comments that A-Class gets paid a lot. So C and B get paid jack, but A and S is where you make decent money.

Tbh finishing up the webcomic I kinda dislike saitama just a bit. It might be because I'm caught up, but like, he just hasn't changed at all and is still just pathetic, I get we can't have OPM without op Saitama but damn I much prefer following the other characters and their life. Like the whole Ninja School thing and how Flashy and Sonic were in the same class, I wonder if anything will come of that.

Planck69 said:
Dark-Carioca said:
Out of curiosity, I just went through Tatsumaki's anime-only feat against the Ancient King since I calced his size but melting that 280 meter (diameter-wise) crater into the granite only gave me a result of ~6 MT, not even City level, which seems correct based on this page from a book about Space Flight. I think pulling that asteroid is also in the quadrillions of metric tons of force numbers-wise but that number seemed way too high and I'd probably done something wrong there.
Could you give me the value of the latter in tons of TNT?
You mean the pulling the meteor out of space feat? I think it was 2.8 quadrillion metric tons of force, lord knows how you go from that to tons of TNT, off the top of my head I have no idea.

Dark-Carioca said:
You mean the pulling the meteor out of space feat? I think it was 2.8 quadrillion metric tons of force, lord knows how you go from that to tons of TNT, off the top of my head I have no idea.
IIRC, converting that to tonnes of TNT would yield a far more reasonable value. But I wouldn't loose much sleep over it. Much like how Mob's anime feats are usually tiers ahead of what is shown in the manga (to an even worse extent than in OPM), this can be discarded like them.

2.8 quadrillion metric tonnes converted into tons of tnt is apparently roughly 3 petatons, or 6-A+. Tho I'm unsure if that's being converted into actual joules of energy or just weight.

DragonEmperor23 said:
How do bounties even work? I'd imagine anyone strong enough to do them would be trying to since they give lots of money.
I would guess that they exist for the following reasons

• If C-Class heroes, even if they're fodder, are considered to be superhuman. Its likely anyone with a bounty is considered to be extremely dangerous to normal people
  • The OPM world is massively centralized. With only 26 major cities and smaller villages/towns, with everything else being wilderness. Considering the horribly dangerous animals and monsters that occupy said wilderness, its likely very hard for the police force to track down criminals outside of cities
So bounties probably exist as a Wild West-esq sort of thing. Where one personing hunting a strong dude is better than wasting police resources.

IIRC, converting that to tonnes of TNT would yield a far more reasonable value

• 1 Metric Ton-Force = 9806.6499999993 Newton*Meters = 9806.6499999993 Joules
  • 2.8 Quadrillion Ton-Force = 27,458,619,999,998,067,000 N*M = 2.7458e+19 Joules (6-C)

Dark-Carioca said:
Wouldn't be that big of an issue based on her current tier, then, huh
I mean, we can't exactly use it since it isn't canon but yeah.

SuperAPM said:
I thought that was kinda... You know....The whole point with Saitama?
Yeah, the whole point about Saitama is that he is too strong to get major developments. Though, the manga has been giving him subtle things. But if you want anything major, it's best to go back reading Shonen.

One Punch Man basically is a shonen by itself, its just that Saitama's presence acts as a complete contradiction that completely messes up the script. Which is exactly why it works so well as a parody, as if Goku started off as SSJ3 from the get go of Dragon Ball, or Naruto with his Tailed Beast Six Paths Sage Mode and Luffy with his 4th Gear or whatever.

Yeah, as ONE said himself Saitama is basically the anti-shonen protagonist where he already starts off at peak with every major big bad working up to that (provided it exists of course), rather than the usual way it goes.

God, I do like that but I feel like it only works with how Saitama and the characters around him are written.

We also don't have to pretend to ourselves that the main character would not win. We know that the main character will win, and with Saitama, its more certain.

I do like so far how the story handles Saitama and the other hero's with the main conflict. There's usually always something interesting happening around it before Saitama appears. It would get pretty old if every fight was just a Saitama one shot

Can you imagine? An entire army of billions raining down on the planet, and Saitama, being Overpowered, does not one shot them one by one, but blows away a billion with one swing of his arm.

SuperAPM said:
So, what we gonna do with Saitama's cloud split feat?
Basically we

• Use Ugraik's version
  • Calc Boros' split
  • I'll make a blog explaining the math

Yeah, I have already added to both of them. Bomb has a Self-Momentum feat and Bang scales to him. Garou has not shown the same feat, or maybe, I don't remember.

Saitama also has Self-Momentum.

And Flashy Flash and the Ninja's are superior in this aspect with Surface scaling.

I need translations but, how does One make his chapters look so epic with his art style and without me understanding any words?

ONE is a master of his own art style. Regardless of if you consider it to be bad or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back