• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I not saying the Serious Punch² was actually squared
I know.
but if it was, I don't see why it would be inconsistent. Saitama's durability scales above his ap and we don't even know if Saitama used all of his force in that punch.
It'd be inconsistent because Saitama in context went all out against Garou. There was no holding back. If it is confirmed that SP² is literal, then there's no way Saitama or Garou will just scale to it normally. It wouldn't make any sense for them to scale to the squared power of their punches because it is obvious they can't normally output that much power if they are alone. Garou's durability later being damaged by Saitama will be just an inconsistency in that case.
So if Saitama didn't use his full power and casually has higher durability than AP then I could see them tanking it
This is not true because we know Saitama did use his full power against Garou.

Do people still really think Saitama didn't use his full power? He states it and the fight presses him enough to grow, not to mention he threw a Serious Punch with so much bloodlust that it would have destroyed Earth (and the entire Galaxy) after his lover friend was killed lol

I know.

It'd be inconsistent because Saitama in context went all out against Garou. There was no holding back. If it is confirmed that SP² is literal, then there's no way Saitama or Garou will just scale to it normally. It wouldn't make any sense for them to scale to the squared power of their punches because it is obvious they can't normally output that much power if they are alone. Garou's durability later being damaged by Saitama will be just an inconsistency in that case.

This is not true because we know Saitama did use his full power against Garou.
The thing is with this is that when Saitama landed on Jupiter, he said he can let loose at full power implying he wasn't going full power before. So idk

The thing is with this is that when Saitama landed on Jupiter, he said he can let loose at full power implying he wasn't going full power before. So idk
Even if you don't think the Serious Punch on earth was his full power, Saitama later admitting Garou could withstand his full power on Jupiter at least implies he was using like 80% of his full power or so. Otherwise, the statement of him stating Garou can withstand his full power despite him only using a Serious Punch that's exponentially weaker than his actual full power doesn't make any sense.

Can you guys stop arguing about it being actually squared? It's literally just a name, since when we use this stuff for tier jumps of such magnitude? I'd just discard the "^2" part of the name as just a cool part of it in reference to the fact it's done from 2 people as calling "Double Serious Punch" or something would have been too boring of a name.

We are just talking about a what-if scenario. That is if there will be confirmation of it being squared. There obviously will be a downgrade for Saitama and Garou if that's the case.

I saw people talking about this a lot. Tbh, it's better ONE/Murata shouldn't have added this Serious Punch Squared bullshit in that panel.

You're just repeating "it will make no sense", "it is inconsistent" with nothing to back it up tbf.

Not saying it really is 3-A, but that's not even a argument. Stonewalls exist in fiction, and Saitama grew stronger before damaging Garou, so I can't see the supposed "inconsistency"

You're just repeating "it will make no sense", "it is inconsistent" with nothing to back it up tbf.

Not saying it really is 3-A, but that's not even a argument. Stonewalls exist in fiction, and Saitama grew stronger before damaging Garou, so I can't see the supposed "inconsistency"
Because it just... doesn't make sense? You can't have it both ways. If it's squared, then nobody scales. Garou's durability being later damaged by Saitama's punches means them "tanking" the squared power of their punches is just inconsistent. Or we have to assume their durability was somehow squared at that exact moment too. One thing for sure is their AP doesn't scale to it because it ignores the notion that the punch was squared.

Still not explaining why it "doesn't make any sense".

They did tank it, that's undoubtful. And Saitama was not using its true power at that moment of the fight (since Garou couldn't keep up until he copied Saitama again) and even after that he grew massively stronger. It is not inconsistent, we already scale Saitama and Garou to the full value (instead of half the value) of the SSSP^2, why would that change if the value is 3-A instead of 4-A, possibly 3-C?

I just did. Because it ignores the notion that their power is squared.

Saitama was not using his full power? The context was him going all out against Garou. I don't know why people keep assuming he didn't use his full power. And growing massively stronger =/= reaching the squared level in an instant. Garou saying "If this keeps up, he will eventually one-shot me" means Saitama couldn't one-shot Garou instantly despite using full power. It's only later he powered up enough that he was finally able to treat Garou as a joke. Your argument of Saitama damaging Garou because he can reach the squared punch level in an instant after landing on Jupiter is unfounded.

Saitama was not using his full power? The context was him going all out against Garou. I don't know why people keep assuming he didn't use his full power.
Saitama used his full power against Garou, just not at that point of the fight. In Jupiter, Saitama was speedblitzing Garou with ease, despite Garou copied his Serious Punch seconds ago. If Saitama was indeed using his full power before that, then Garou wouldn't have been stomped so hard.

Hell, Garou said Saitama had an insane strength, and stated he'd endlessly copy Saitama to match him. Saitama definitely did not use his full power there
And growing massively stronger =/= reaching the squared level in an instant. Garou saying "If this keeps up, he will eventually one-shot me" means Saitama couldn't one-shot Garou instantly despite using full power.
Cool, how does that contradict Saitama reaching the level of his serious punch squared? Saitama was, in fact, damaging Garou, who supported the energy of the SSSP^2, so he scales, end of the debate.

Garou was constantly copying Saitama's strength, and as we can see, both Garou and Saitama can withstand AP far stronger than their own. Saitama not instantly killing Garou does not contradict anything
It's only later he powered up enough that he was finally able to treat Garou as a joke. Your argument of Saitama damaging Garou because he can reach the squared punch level in an instant after landing on Jupiter is unfounded.
It is not? We see Garou withstanding SSSP^2, we see Saitama damaging Garou. Conclusion? Saitama scales to the full value of SSSP^2, regardless it is treated as squared the original value or not. You keep saying it is inconsistent, but show no actual reasoning of why

Saitama's normal AP can't scale to SP^2 if it's squared lol. I don't know why is it hard to understand. But let's agree to disagree.

I'm not saying Saitama scales to his AP squared, obviously. It makes no sense. I'm just saying that Saitama scales to the AP of his serious punch, squared, which is not the same.

Edit: Always going by the hypothesis of SSSP^2 being a literal name

aitama's normal AP can't scale to SP^2 if it's squared lol. I don't know why is it hard to understand. But let's agree to disagree.
they where literraly on the center of the energy burst of the SP squared,they scale,why they will not do it if they where in the CENTER.
unless you want to tell me that aparently it does not make sense because i don't know.

they where literraly on the center of the energy burst of the SP squared,they scale,why they will not do it if they where in the CENTER.
unless you want to tell me that aparently it does not make sense because i don't know.
I'd say it's an inconsistency. Because scaling both Saitama and Garou to SP^2 while assuming the name of the attack is literal means... you are actually thinking it isn't squared?

I'd say it's an inconsistency. Because scaling both Saitama and Garou to SP^2 while assuming the name of the attack is literal means... you are actually thinking it isn't squared?
that sounds contradictory,i don't see how this works,if the attack is squared to the power,then both will still scale based on their durability anyway

Back