• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’m sure we will get to see what Blast is capable of outside of earth Where he has no worries about killing bystanders.

I've seen people beginning to downplay Blast as well. People are calling him fodder over being likely weaker than CF Garou, who is literally the strongest antagonist ever seen with the exception of God, and the 3rd strongest character overall.
Yeah, that’s just people being stupid. Blast downscaling from Garou already puts him above every character in the entire verse that isn’t Garou himself, God, or Saitama.

our experiences with the reddit are pretty much opposites then. most of the criticism i see on the manga outside of the thread is really toxic and just unwilling to accept that people have different opinions.
current chapters are fire. Maybe that’s why you don’t see it. When something is good, it is good.

but yes, the reddit is filled with toxic webcomic elitist. It’s only a heaven for both now.

Yeah, that’s just people being stupid. Blast downscaling from Garou already puts him above every character in the entire verse that isn’t Garou himself, God, or Saitama.
Let’s all remind ourselves that it isn’t him at full power tho. I don’t want this thread to go up in flame if later down the line his full power dwarfs Garou.

(Just a reminder for the inattentive people)

Saitama talking about/describing Boros:
"You're strong."
"This is almost a real fight!"
"You really ARE strong."
"Yeah, but he was strong. Maybe the strongest ever."

Saitama talking about/describing Garou:
Yes for sure, good point, we should climb Boros above Garou, Blast and even God, because I've never seen Saitama calling God strong.

Thing is, he is not downscaling from this fight, he just scales, and while not going 100% from what it seems

Garou couldn't hit him once and Blast avoided multiple of his attacks, while actually landing hits

Yes for sure, good point, we should climb Boros above Garou, Blast and even God, because I've never seen Saitama calling God strong.
Has Saitama ever called himself strong besides saying he's too strong? Saying he's too strong would only imply that Saitama has surpassed the level he wished to be at, not that he thinks he's truly strong on a grand scale by any means. I suggest we scale Boros above Saitama.

No Genos...sadge
I mean at this point Genos in 10 second mode upscales above Orochi, so my boy holds the #8 spot.
It's also annoying when wc fans who don't like the recent chapters are dismissed as being biased or unreasonable when the chapters do have legit problems
Issue is that from what I've seen on this forum, either Manga haters get really heated and toxic, or don't use narrative critiques, instead simply saying "Well in the WC..."

But the webcomic isn't perfect either. Why does its loyalty to the WC have anything to do with its own merits? I mean I can appreciate real crituques, like yours about the possible fakeout death or the OOC moment, but for example, Dienomite22, back when the table scene was the latest chapter critqued that Garou by saying he was a joke compared to the WC. Like so what? Unless you're going to argue that it damages the manga's narrative in a vacuum, it's pointless, essoteric conjecture.

Genos.....

all-might-noooooooo.gif

Genos is mostly a robot, for all we know he might just need another core to be back up.

OPM is not the kind of series to permanently kill main characters, even some villains such as Do-S, Hellfire Flame, Gale Wind and Phoenix Man end up being resurrected.

Someone said Blast stated that like Garou, he has the ability to manipulate the properties of the universe, so can we basically copy paste Cosmic Garou's superpowers to Blast's profile? Lol

Also people are unironically saying Blast would get clapped by Garou now even though he's clearly holding back to prevent collateral damage, he's only like ten or so meters away from the rest of the heroes.

Issue is that from what I've seen on this forum, either Manga haters get really heated and toxic, or don't use narrative critiques, instead simply saying "Well in the WC..."

But the webcomic isn't perfect either. Why does its loyalty to the WC have anything to do with its own merits? I mean I can appreciate real crituques, like yours about the possible fakeout death or the OOC moment, but for example, Dienomite22, back when the table scene was the latest chapter critqued that Garou by saying he was a joke compared to the WC. Like so what? Unless you're going to argue that it damages the manga's narrative in a vacuum, it's pointless, essoteric conjecture.
You bring up the table scene as if it’s wrong to critique it.
If I think a 6 year build up of Garou is being payed off with mediocre art (factually true by Murata’s standards), terrible writing (my opinion but one that I have voiced even without mentioning the webcomic), and a lack luster battle, I’m gonna critique it.

I've seen people beginning to downplay Blast as well. People are calling him fodder over being likely weaker than CF Garou, who is literally the strongest antagonist ever seen with the exception of God, and the 3rd strongest character overall. I think Blast having a first fight could've been better, especially in regards to build-up, but in terms of his first performance in combat, Blast isn't lacking at all.

The fact that he held up so well, didn't even get hit once, and has little if any implications of even using his full power is all very impressive.

I'm more surprised that Garou himself was barely surprised at seeing Blast at all.
What? Blast is weak because he is not stronger than Cosmic Garou???? I guess 99% of the verse is weak huh, despite it having several tier 6 dudes

Shoutout to the guy building Genos's stuff just being able to make High 6-A stuff. Dude's an old man in the middle of nowhere but nah, "lemme make someone tier 7-6 with a High 6-A attack, i got some spare parts"

Blast healed from the damage that he had when he showed up in front of Tatsumaki. Possibly hinting that time is different wherever Blastice league operates.

Actually, that may be about Blast's powers, at least part of them, coming from God. There must be a reason as to how and why he knows and hunts the cubes and all his info about how they work. I wouldn't be surprised if he made some sort of deal

Absolutely love this chapter, but I wonder if this will make it impossible to make vs matches with Garou since he now has passive radiation hax that'll let him gradually overwhelm his opponents. That and he's basically a martial arts god by this point with the ability to instantly copy his opponent's techniques.

What? Blast is weak because he is not stronger than Cosmic Garou???? I guess 99% of the verse is weak huh, despite it having several tier 6 dudes
Thing is, he's definitely stronger than Cosmic Garou. He's holding back because the heroes are literally meters away and landed multiple hits on him whereas Garou, who's definitely trying to hurt Blast, never landed a single hit.

Absolutely love this chapter, but I wonder if this will make it impossible to make vs matches with Garou since he now has passive radiation hax that'll let him gradually overwhelm his opponents. That and he's basically a martial arts god by this point with the ability to instantly copy his opponent's techniques.
Don't worry, there are many broken people around, I know one in specific that resists both Power Mimicry and Radiation Manipulation

But that's the price of being broken, the stronger you are, less fights you have

Back