• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Except that Low 5B attack did nothing to Saitama and only warranted a “**** off” expression from him. This attack in this chapter apparently “did something” to him, minor tho it may be it’s better than nothing, unlike ever other attack he’s dealt with in the past. Are you seriously telling me that an attack that managed to “hurt” him wouldn’t warrant any sort complement or praise from Saitama after going so long without feeling pain. Nothing?
That's my point. Pre- cosmic Garou had much better feats yet Saitama wasn't exactly enthused beyond a gentle "you're doing better". Saitama thought Boros was pretty strong and praised Boros several times yet clearly that doesn't mean anything.
That’s just Garou’s bullshit talk, Saitama wasn’t surprised, and didn’t act it in the slightest,
This isn't even true. In the very next page Saitama lamented about how he made a big deal about telling Tareo he couldn't be hurt which is kind of why the debate even started in the first place.
he gave the usual idgaf expressions and responses afterwards. Not anything like “wow I actually felt that!” with an excited tone Or “you’re pretty strong/tough, you managed to hurt me” or “it’s been so long” nothing of this sort. Again it’s treated like nothing happened.
Geesh, who are you to dictate how Saitama is supposed to react? Not only did he note that he was actually hurt but was surprised that Garou actually matched him. You wanting something more is irrelevant to everything.
You know how significant just a scratch is for Saitama? For someone who thought he was completely invulnerable and couldn’t feel pain anymore. Someone who went into literal depression because of his total invincibility. That’s my point, you’re making it out to seem like him taking damage, like actual damage in a fight isn’t the biggest deal in this manga so far.
As I stated before, the manga noted it was a pretty big deal...and moved on. Saitama's issues didn't just start and stop at "I can't feel anything anymore". As revealed in his conversation with King, he also laments the fact that he can't grow, and he can't get into what amounts to an actual fight because of how strong he's become, neither of which actually happened. There's literally no indication that actually getting a scratch would be enough to heal Saitama's depression and mental issues. That's literally head canon.

Last edited:
xvwo2r4an3491.jpg

Who can Garou fight in 5-A? We have fairy tail characters and Dragon Ball, but idk if they are in a compatible ballpark.

And by the way, will you be doing the calculations through the black hole Garou created? At the epicenter of the explosion was Garou inside the black hole, the visualization is the same, and all objects were drawn towards Garou. I think, given Garou's universal knowledge, this is a natural black hole.

That's my point. Pre- cosmic Garou had much better feats yet Saitama wasn't exactly enthused beyond a gentle "you're doing better". Saitama thought Boros was pretty strong and praised Boros several times yet clearly that doesn't mean anything.
But here in this case it would mean something tho. Saitama congratulating/praising Garou for his feat does and would hold very significant narrative weight by highlighting and further reiterating the significance of this him being “damage” (again for first time in the manga). Garou is the first to do it ever since he removed the limiter and attained this power.
This isn't even true. In the very next page Saitama lamented about how he made a big deal about telling Tareo he couldn't be hurt which is kind of why the debate even started in the first place.
Okay fine he did, I’ll say that partially it’s just me seeing him say this nonchalantly with a plane expression on his face that makes it look like this whole sequence was nothing of grave importance.
Geesh, who are you to dictate how Saitama is supposed to react? Not only did he note that he was actually hurt but was surprised that Garou actually matched him. You wanting something more is irrelevant to everything.
Woah wtf dude? Jeez, what’s wrong with me giving examples of reactions that would better show/depict genuine excitement or surprise to display the significance of what’s happened here. It’s their depiction of him being hurt as a very minor thing (“Saitama gives a comments” fair, but it’s given with his usual deadman expression and immediately moved on from, exactly like you said) that’s made this “him taking physically damaged” very contentious and left it up to a different interpretation that says he didn’t get damaged. That’s the problem here.
As I stated before, the manga noted it was a pretty big deal...and moved on. Saitama's issues didn't just start and stop at "I can't feel anything anymore". As revealed in his conversation with King, he also laments the fact that he can't grow, and he can't get into what amounts to an actual fight because of how strong he's become, neither of which actually happened. There's literally no indication that actually getting a scratch would be enough heal Saitama's depression and mental issues. That's literally head canon.
Well Ig that’s our separate perception of what happened because I don’t think the manga made a big deal out of it, not at all. And also I didn’t say that him being scratched would fix his depression or heal his mental issues, I’m just saying that him taking damage is a very big deal and not something as minor as you’re making it out to be. This would trigger more than a nonchalant back hand comment from Saitama who as a part of what gave him depression was his inability to feel anything suddenly feels pain for the first time in a long time. It’s like for example if a person who’s disable or paralyzed for a very long time one day was able to twitch their fingers and slightly move them. Little tho it maybe it’d warrant a huge reaction which would be normal/justified.

Anyways I gotta sleep if you’re on later I’ll respond again if you respond to this. Cya man.

Last edited:
I think Asura's Wrath Akuma could be a good fight for Garou

Although I get the feeling Garou's haxes are a little too strong for this Akuma

What do you think the most compelling argument for monster Garou being above Boros would be outside of vs battles wiki and not looking at our calcs?

Okay guys so... Garou may be getting all of this shit:

Tier: 5-A, likely High 4-C

Powers:
  • Nigh-Omniscience
  • Cosmic Awareness
  • Physics Manipulation
  • Matter Manipulation
  • Temperature Manipulation (Extreme Heat)
  • Energy Maniupulation
  • Energy Projection
  • Explosion Manipulation
  • Black Hole Creation
  • Spatial Manipulation & Gravity Manipulation
  • Radiation Manipulation
Resistance to:
  • Matter Manipulation
  • Temperature Manipulation (Extreme Heat)
  • Radiation Manipulation
  • Spatial Manipulation & Gravity Manipulation

Yes... All of this from a single chapter. I will try to explain each of them on a draft CRT soon.
I agree with that, it's the best we have for now, I think we just have to wait for the next chapters, other feats should appear.

What do you think the most compelling argument for monster Garou being above Boros would be outside of vs battles wiki and not looking at our calcs?
He scratched Saitama

In all seriousness, there are several reasons:
  • His Extreme Fa Jin was already better than any feat Boros performed aside from the Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon
  • He wasn't obliterated by the Consecutive Normal Punches
  • He is a much better fighter and has more versatile abilities
  • He can read Boros' movements and copy them, and counter them even if Boros is faster (which he isn't) because of his superior skill.

Woah wtf dude? Jeez, what’s wrong with me giving examples of reactions that would better show/depict genuine excitement or surprise to display the significance of what’s happened here.
Morally? Absolutely nothing is "wrong" about it. You're free to think so if you want. Intellectually? You're arguing against something based on hypothetical scenarios because you feel like the scenes in reality don't match the picture you have in your head. This is based entirely on opinion. Fact is, there was never any implication on how Saitama was going to act to this.
It’s their depiction of him being hurt as a very minor thing (“Saitama gives a comments” fair, but it’s given with his usual deadman expression and immediately moved on from, exactly like you said) that’s made this “him taking physically damaged” very contentious and left it up to a different interpretation that says he didn’t get damaged. That’s the problem here.

Well Ig that’s our separate perception of what happened because I don’t think the manga made a big deal out of it, not at all. And also I didn’t say that him being scratched would fix his depression or heal his mental issues, I’m just saying that him taking damage is a very big deal and not something as minor as you’re making it out to be. This would trigger more than a nonchalant back hand comment from Saitama who as a part of what gave him depression was his inability to feel anything suddenly feels pain for the first time in a long time. It’s like for example if a person who’s disable or paralyzed for a very long time one day was able to twitch their fingers and slightly move them. Little tho it maybe it’d warrant a huge reaction which would be normal/justified.

Anyways I gotta sleep if you’re on later I’ll respond again if you respond to this. Cya man.
Saitama's deadman expression was also there despite being sent to the moon was a first for him, so it's not like milestones are enough to change that (not to mention, you're treating like Saitama comes to a fight with a bucket list in mind when he clearly doesn't) and ones interpretation only has relevancy when considering a feat that is ambiguous. You are comparing the events to something that doesn't exist and thus cannot be contradictory.

...as you yourself admitted the entirety of this argument hinges on an argument from incredulity.

It surprises me so far vsbattle wiki has been overwhelmingly supportive of Garou's GRB being the real deal, specially when usually it has more lowballed views on most characters. Like Boros not being planet level with CSRC, Saitama not being Planet level through his statements. Meanwhile reddit who usually highballs OPM and Invincible characters to planet level, seem to have GRB not being anywhere near a real one as the main opinion.

Obviously there will be a lot of opposition from users who don't belong to this thread when the CRT comes out, but i really expected people to be far more split up due to the lack of destruction shown by the move.

"So CURRENT Garou runs an anime verse gauntlet… How does he do?
  1. ONE PIECE verse
  2. Bleach verse
  3. Naruto Verse
  4. Seven Deadly sins verse
  5. MHA verse
  6. Jujutsu Kaiser verse
  7. Saiyan Saga dragon ball
"

Thinking exclusively in Attack potency, that is, forgetting Hax for a moment, he cleans without difficulty

1. ONE PIECE verse
  2. Bleach verse
  3. Naruto Verse
  5. MHA verse
  6. Jujutsu Kaiser verse
"

Thinking exclusively in Attack potency, that is, forgetting Hax for a moment, he cleans without difficulty
He stops at Bleach

They have 4-B characters, and if Hax and speed starts to count, they have Massively FTL ratings and far better abilities

Last edited:
Spoilers

Blue killed a Dragon level threat, and then went on to literally one-shot another.

1. ONE PIECE verse
  2. Bleach verse
  3. Naruto Verse
  5. MHA verse
  6. Jujutsu Kaiser verse
"

Solos everyone except Bleach

If the speed is equalized, JJK might win

Back