• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Garou rejecting "God", and "God" making him an avatar of his power nevertheless rubs me the wrong way. Did Garou really need to become connected to every living being in the cosmos or start performing nuclear fission with his fists? Did he really need the power of "God" to raise the scale of the battle?

"We know", we don't.

I ain't saying CNP break Saitama's cranium, turn off that Vs Debater brain for half a second. It barely scratched him, but that is being physically affected, which has literally never happened in the story.
Also "worrying about his clothing"? "Why would A, B, C?",
These are not debunks, these are just denial. The japanese implication is being hurt. (of course, with the phrasing being it a minor thing, thus, "scratch" being the proper translation)
Just stop.
But don’t you think this would be heavily emphasized, or made into a bigger deal than how it was depicted in this chapter narratively speaking. Like you said if Saitama really took physical damage (which I don’t think he did cus it makes more senses that he’s referring to his clothes) even if just a scratch, this would be the first time this has ever happened in the manga, if he has taken damage of any sort, you’d think he react more than giving his usual nonchalant dead face expression, or even complement Garou on his strength which he doesn’t do for seemingly accomplishing a feat no one has before/what he’s been hoping for. I mean the guy has literal depression, ever since he removed his limiter he hasn’t been able to feel anything from anyone in a fight or in any encounter or feel the excitement from anything anymore like he explains in his conversation with King (we see in his dream how happy he was to get hurt again) . You’d think he’d be a little over-joyous in knowing that he can be hurt. Or even a dialogue from the narrator.

Now I wonder if ONE is gonna have to come out and explain what Saitama meant because if he really did get hurt, this changes everything.

Last edited:
Zombieman looks so much like Saitama in the bonus chapter there.
unknown.png

You mean this?

That's a good point. Saitama's clothes were probably obliterated so saitama will go to a his house to get another uniform and come back which will give enough time for garou to bully the heroes until saitama saves them.
bad stops garou while tats negs then somehow, rover finishes him

"At least 5-A, likely High 4-C" sounds good for me

Are we going to wait for more chapters ? We likely have more feats incoming, maybe not AP but speed and LS, or simply more haxes. I wouldn't mind waiting until it's over although I understand people want to throw Garou against the whole wiki 🗿

I'm still in the camp that we wait until the next chapter. Though, it's not like care all that much, I just want as little conjecture as possible.

Seriously, I have no idea how these people think Saitama is actually hurt lmao.He literally looks down at this clothes, which are indeed pretty scratched up. No need to assume he was hurt.

I can't wait until Saitama no-sells a superior attack from Garou and then people will either have to admit he wasn't hurt or try to come up with some reason why this higher technique is actually weaker.

No one is assuming anything. What is being considered is that the statement of Saitama promising not to hurt Garou is actually an incorrect translation of Saitama promising not to be hurt by him, which would indeed mean he was indeed damaged. What does no selling a superior attack have to do with anything? Saitama still isn't taking any of this seriously. It doesn't mean it never happened....

I think Saitama was referring to his clothes being damaged.

And it was discussed here.
Saitama's hurt comment meaning his clothes doesn't make any sense. He already complained about his clothes earlier after Garou's nuclear explosions ripped them to shreds not to mention, he was clearly looking at his gloves which were still in pristine condition. Not to mention logically, those two things aren't even close to meaning the same thing. Saitama said don't worry, I won't be hurt (paraphrasing anyway). That's what he was referring to. I legit don't understand what his clothes have to with anything.
The proper wording is scratched(as the translator corrected himself and VIZ has)…😛
You can be hurt without being scratched. You can't be scratched without being hurt since it is accompanied by tissue damage.
I think Saitama and the manga itself would have make it a bigger deal if Saitama was actually injured.
Just because a character didn't act in the way you were expecting doesn't mean what was stated to have happened didn't actually happen never mind the fact that it was outright stated by Garou that Saitama was clearly visibly freaked out that someone had even managed to match his blows so this argument isn't even true.

Also, Saitama is a warrior and fought monsters even before he broke his limiter. Do you really think a little scratch is going to do anything for him? When he was talking to King he was lamenting no one being able to give him a challenge. Not "if anyone is able to do even the slightest bit of damage to me I will lose my mind". That is an exaggeration brought on by fanon interpretation and not something we should use as a hard limit on anything.
I'm with you here. The gap between normal and serious punches is huge.
Even Saitama doesn't take normal and serious series attacks seriously. He outright states he doesn't have any kind of special attack, he's used serious punch on far weaker opponents (Elder centipede iirc) and Boros himself reveals Saitama didn't take their battle at all seriously so thinking any prior showings of these techniques have any sort of hard limit or tier to them is kind of fallacious.

It'd be weird if Garou damaged Saitama with a normal punch and then proceeded to do no damage with his quasar attack, which is what I think will happen. I know we want to apply the CRT right now but I'd rather wait for future chapters to see how Saitama took the attack and what he does after it.
This argument would be relevant if Saitama was somehow depicted to be struggling but no one is arguing that. Scratches are surface wounds. It just mean the attacks are greater than anything we've ever seen before, not that it would somehow mean he will be at all incapable of fighting. The quasar attack is kind of irrelevant to this argument.

I like how everyone is going "Oh my god Garou hurt Saitama!" as if Saitama isn't going to completely neg Garou in the next few chapters. It's the "he took damage" thing all over again.
This is the “he took damage” all over again. Idk why the **** ONE/Murata did this shit, now everyone is gonna be talking it until it gets debunked in like the next 10 chapters when Saitama returns.

This is the “he took damage” all over again. Idk why the **** ONE/Murata did this shit, now everyone is gonna be talking it until it gets debunked in like the next 10 chapters when Saitama returns.
The Boros thing was editorial text. The correct translation to this chapter confirms he took damage. Y'all too butthurt over this. Dude wasn't going to remain invulnerable forever.

Also, Saitama is a warrior and fought monsters even before he broke his limiter. Do you really think a little scratch is going to do anything for him? When he was talking to King he was lamenting no one being able to give him a challenge. Not "if anyone is able to do even the slightest bit of damage to me I will lose my mind". That is an exaggeration brought on by fanon interpretation and not something we should use as a hard limit on anything.
You don’t think it would? Even a scratch is a big deal. This would be the equivalent of a paralyzed person after years of feeling nothing or being incapable of moving any portion of their body is one day able to twitch their fingers. This is the first time he’s ever been “hurt” ever since he’s reached this threshold of power after believing that he couldn’t be hurt and he doesn’t give a smile, give a complement to Garou for doing the actual impossible or anything of the sort. Nothing. I hate to argue from incredulity but come on him taking damage is huge.

Last edited:
The Boros thing was editorial text. The correct translation to this chapter confirms he took damage. Y'all too butthurt over this. Dude wasn't going to remain invulnerable forever.
I’m not bullhurt. I’m shocked, this is a major tone shift in the story and him taking damage is treated like nothing. It’s why people don’t think he did took damage in the first place. Narratively this would be the most significant event in the story. And I hope this gets debunked or is specified by author statements or Saitama reiterating never feeling pain like he did in his convo with king.

Last edited:
You don’t think it would? Even a scratch is a big deal. This is the first time he’s ever been hurt ever since he’s reached this threshold of power after believing that he couldn’t be hurt and he doesn’t give a smile, give a complement to Garou for doing the actual impossible or anything of the sort. Nothing. I hate to argue from incredulity but come on him taking damage is huge.
It's really not. Saitama tanked a 5-C/Low 5-B attack and he wasn't exactly praising non-cosmic Garou for his strength either after all, despite the attack literally doing way more damage than anything Saitama has seen so far and in fact, proceeded to one shot him with ease in the next few pages. It's more evidence that his praising of Boros is deemed way more impressive than it is.
I’m not bullhurt. I’m shocked, this is a major tone shift in the story and him taking damage is treated like nothing.
Except Garou literally mocked Saitama for being surprised that he was actually matched. I wouldn't exactly consider that being called "nothing" and the tonal shift is so minute I don't understand why you're shocked at all.

It's a scratch. Do you know what can scratch me? A kitten. Garou is now exactly Kitten tier on Saitama's level. I don't understand why a superficial wound is making the fans panic so much. Whether in fiction or real life experiencing damage from something doesn't actually indicate the maximum amount of stress your body can take.

It's really not. Saitama tanked a 5-C/Low 5-B attack and he wasn't exactly praising non-cosmic Garou for his strength either after all, despite the attack literally doing way more damage than anything Saitama has seen so far and in fact, proceeded to one shot him with ease in the next few pages. It's more evidence that his praising of Boros is deemed way more impressive than it is.

Except that Low 5B attack did nothing to Saitama and only warranted a “**** off” expression from him. This attack in this chapter apparently “did something” to him, minor tho it may be it’s better than nothing, unlike every other attack he’s dealt with in the past. Are you seriously telling me that an attack that managed to “hurt” him wouldn’t warrant any sort complement or praise from Saitama after going so long without feeling pain. Nothing?

Except Garou literally mocked Saitama for being surprised that he was actually matched. I wouldn't exactly consider that being called "nothing" and the tonal shift is so minute I don't understand why you're shocked at all.
That’s just Garou’s bullshit talk, Saitama wasn’t surprised, and didn’t act it in the slightest, he gave the usual idgaf expressions and responses afterwards. Not anything like “wow I actually felt that!” with an excited tone Or “you’re pretty strong/tough, you managed to hurt me” or “it’s been so long” nothing of this sort. Again it’s treated like nothing happened.
It's a scratch. Do you know what can scratch me? A kitten. Garou is now exactly Kitten tier on Saitama's level. I don't understand why a superficial wound is making the fans panic so much. Whether in fiction or real life experiencing damage from something doesn't actually indicate the maximum amount of stress your body can take.
You know how significant just a scratch is for Saitama? For someone who thought he was completely invulnerable and couldn’t feel pain anymore. Someone who went into literal depression because of his total invincibility. That’s my point, you’re making it out to seem like him taking damage, like actual damage in a fight isn’t the biggest deal in this manga so far.

The ONE needs to clarify or have Saitama clarify for us with a statement later. I’ll wait for that, cus this is utter nonsense and if it’s true this is the most underwhelming way to have Saitama take damage for the first time in this manga.

Last edited:
12+ pages in 3-4 days, wow. What level will this Garou have, what new abilities, will there be atomic manipulation for a nuclear explosion? It sort of decomposes into atoms.

It is written that the explosion is the strongest in the universe of all that have been recorded. I think the System level can be found.

But did Garou actually replicate the physcical strength of Saitama, or was it just the technique. I don't think he can copy someone else's strength other than his abilities. The paragraph explains Garou knows how everything in the universe works. But does that mean he's also able to copy power? I don't think so.

Garou literally didn't even scratch Saitama. I don't know why people are talking about injuries.
He apparently he did according to the officials. Despite my contention seeing it is as nothing but bull and it not meaning he took physical damage necessarily.

Back