• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How long do you think we have till the series ends? It can't be too long, with the frequency of chapters increasing and all the climactic events occurring.
webcomic:

Untitled-5.jpg

How long do you think we have till the series ends? It can't be too long, with the frequency of chapters increasing and all the climactic events occurring.
but in all seriousness, read the webcomic. Its where opm stems from and its lightyears ahead of the manga. (After garou and boros, theres a new major 1-time villain saitama yeeted)

One has plans to end the series and wrap things up nicely. This current arc isn’t really a drop off in quality. A couple more flaws for sure but all it takes is a couple tweaks. Maybe they will change a couple things when they make it to the anime. Who knows
The arc itself isnt a drop off in quality, its the recent last dozen or so chapters that are the sharp drop in terms of quality. I dont have much faith in ONE’s plans with all the major redraws and changes from the webcomic we’ve had so I don’t know if I’lll stick around til the end of the manga or even the next arc. All i can say is that I hope the manga gets better.

Can Ninja Village Leader scale to Flashy Flash? In his profile just possibly 7-A and likey Relativistic+ must change to Likey 6-C possibly FTL?

The arc itself isnt a drop off in quality, its the recent last dozen or so chapters that are the sharp drop in terms of quality. I dont have much faith in ONE’s plans with all the major redraws and changes from the webcomic we’ve had so I don’t know if I’lll stick around til the end of the manga or even the next arc. All i can say is that I hope the manga gets better.
I’ve read the full garou fight in the webcomic. The overall themes are still the same it’s just execution and lines are a little different.

Also if I recall correctly Bangs backstory wasn’t in the webcomic and that really gave more weight to his fight with garou.

I have no frame of reference for the Sweet Mask changes. They still aren’t done with the series so they could be saving his character development for another arc

Its really just a matter of personal preference. The reception is split clean down the middle.

It’s just like DBS anime vs DBS manga, certain arcs and moments are done better. It’s all case by case.

Last edited:
Regardless of how things go from here. ONE has still introduced a new framework of how to make shonen anime.

Classic shonen: The main character gets stronger to fight the world.

ONE shonen: The world gets stronger to fight the main character.

Expect other writers to work off ONE’s framework.

Murata is the one who did the redraws ? That explains why they always nuke Sweet Mask

He just can't give my boi some good stuff
I agree. Sweet Mask was an absolute beast in the webcomic, but Murata has a hate boner for Sweet Mask so he decided to make him look pathetic in the manga. What a dick move by Murata. The guy is a genius when it comes to art, but his writing skills are doo doo

I agree. Sweet Mask was an absolute beast in the webcomic, but Murata has a hate boner for Sweet Mask so he decided to make him look pathetic in the manga. What a dick move by Murata. The guy is a genius when it comes to art, but his writing skills are doo doo
we all know murata had the time of his life having fuhrer ugly rip the dude apart
But the beauty of plot armor always prevails

The overall themes are still the same it’s just execution and lines are a little different.
That’s the part that’s jarring. The changes are useless if they lead to the same end point and worse execution.
Also if I recall correctly Bangs backstory wasn’t in the webcomic and that really gave more weight to his fight with garou.
I personally think there was no need for them to fight at all and Bang’s backstory could’ve been done some other time like with whatever Garou’s post-MA could be.
I have no frame of reference for the Sweet Mask changes. They still aren’t done with the series so they could be saving his character development for another arc
Sweet mask was done poorly to put it blunt. Not even Blast’s appearance makes up for how bad he was done.

In the Webcomic, he was able to fight the Pesky Clown when he had reached "Demon or Above", later confirmed to be actually Dragon, in his Base form for a few panels, before being overpowered, but enough to downscale

Wanna bet Murata will make him unable to do anything ?

Basing the writing on hating a character is indeed a completely dick move

Demon or Dragon level, since Psykos uses the same term in the webcomic where the Monster Association is 17 Demon and Dragon level threats.

Sweet Mask says Pesky is a Demon or Above, then outright goes on to say he's Dragon level.

In the Webcomic, he was able to fight the Pesky Clown when he had reached "Demon or Above", later confirmed to be actually Dragon, in his Base form for a few panels, before being overpowered, but enough to downscale

You act like Sweet Mask will even get to fight Pesky Clown. Murata will just have him get swatted off to the side instantly and just have Genos and a bunch of other random heroes fight him for four chapters

You act like Sweet Mask will even get to fight Pesky Clown. Murata will just have him get swatted off to the side instantly and just have Genos and a bunch of other random heroes fight him for four chapters
Since the manga added Do-S stuff, Blast (Likely God) meeting him and the Disciples being aware of something wrong with Amai Mask, I believe they might be added to the arc, that could be interesting but aside from some cool possibilities I actually believe Murata will ruin the rest, he NEVER made one good thing for him. Atomic Samurai saying how strong Amai Mask was by seeing his fight against the Dragons was, at least for me, a major plot point for the character, because that was the actual demonstration of all the lore behind him, about him being "a monster" (In terms of power, as stated by Fubuki), on how he is S Class despite locking the first post at the A Class, it makes the character progress because it takes all that background and his arrogance and actually makes him back those things by showing how strong he is, while Murata's dumb writing threw away all of that. Without that, more people hate him because it makes him look just like a clown full of himself, which maybe was Murata's intention who knows

In the manga, my favorite character is Flashy Flash, but in the WC it is Amai Mask, Zhoniin (A Youtuber) made a recent video about him that truly shows how much of a hero he is despite being lost

He's already taken numerous hits from a Dragon level, and only seemed to be injured after a bunch of hits to the face, and he also pretty much one-shot Do-S, a somewhat high Demon.

Murata doesn't have that kind of influence over the story, and there's no evidence he even has a particular hatred for Sweet Mask.

Even though I disagree, here's what the scaling chain will probably end up being...

Boros < Orochi < 10 Second Mode Genos = or < PsykoOrochi < Tatsumaki

Back