• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gale Wind vs Hellfire Flame

Opponent 1: The Ninja who never learned to stop drop and roll. (Hellfire Flame)

Opponent 2: The Ninja who spends more money on hair conditioner than moisturizer. (Gale Wind)

Both are in character, with all of their equipment and abilities.

Votes:

Hellfire Flame:

Gale Wind:

Honestly they were always portrayed as equals to me... so like am i supposed to vote for hellfire flame because he looks cooler and fire beats wind ?

Honestly they were always portrayed as equals to me... so like am i supposed to vote for hellfire flame because he looks cooler and fire beats wind ?
I mean they have different abilities and equipment. Gale has sharp wires and the ability to make a sonic boom beam thing. Hellfire can make a flame bubble and also use hisn "Fire Release Blaing Scatter Slash" for some range as well. It's pretty much who has the better equipment and abilities.

They are literally equal in everything, the only difference is GW apparently being a bit smarter

I'll go with him, but this is borderline Inconclusive

I will defend Hellfire here, he has far more utility with his fire bubble allowing him quick acess to a strong defence, and while his ranged attack, Fire Release Blaing Scatter Slash, has slightly shorter range than Gale's Sonic Boom Blast thing, it is far more damaging.

It's still a close fight regardless, Gale is more level headed, and those sharp steel wires are deadly, I just wanted to provide a different point of view.

Here's my little analyisis:

Skill: Tie

Raw AP: Tie

Raw Durability: Tie

Speed/Agility: Tie

Intelligence: Gale Wind (Medium advnatage) ++

Weapons/Equipment: Gale Wind (Medium Advantage with steel wire) ++

Offensive Capabilities: Hellfire Flame (Small advantage, almost 50/50, more damaging ranged options that can slice an enemy to bits) +

Defensive Capabilities: Hellfire Flame (Medium advantage, can create a bubble of flame around himself) ++

Take this as you will, I'm obviously not allowed to vote, and this is a somewhat surface level analysis of their skills and abilities.

This sight really has a thing for Gale Wind and his looks lol. When do I begin counting votes?

This sight really has a thing for Gale Wind and his looks lol. When do I begin counting votes?
If they have a feasible reason (like something they believe gives their combatant a key to victory, and they explain why) then start counting there

Here's my little analyisis:

Skill: Tie

Raw AP: Tie

Raw Durability: Tie

Speed/Agility: Tie

Intelligence: Gale Wind (Medium advnatage) ++

Weapons/Equipment: Gale Wind (Medium Advantage with steel wire) ++

Offensive Capabilities: Hellfire Flame (Small advantage, almost 50/50, more damaging ranged options that can slice an enemy to bits) +

Defensive Capabilities: Hellfire Flame (Medium advantage, can create a bubble of flame around himself) ++

Take this as you will, I'm obviously not allowed to vote, and this is a somewhat surface level analysis of their skills and abilities.
Seems fair, feel free to count my vote.

When I think about it, and re-read the fight some things come to mind. Hellfire can shoot bolts of fire by flinging them off of his sword and add fire to his melee strikes. The more I think about it, the more inclined I am to believe Hellfire's abilities are a pretty hard counter to Gale's steel wires, which is for me at least, one of his biggest sells.

I still think two blades beat one. And the mind is his third blade.

(If I keep using metaphors and arbitrary facts, that's a Death Battle win.)
"Despite Facing the God of Strength, Vegeta was only 10x weaker than Thor"[Spoilers]

I think I’ll vote for Gale Wind with extreme difficulty since he has a slightly more diverse battle style and uses more sly tactics compared to Hellfire Flame, so I think after a long and arduous battle, Gale Wind would deliver the final blow via sneak attack.

I think I’ll vote for Gale Wind with extreme difficulty since he has a slightly more diverse battle style and uses more sly tactics compared to Hellfire Flame, so I think after a long and arduous battle, Gale Wind would deliver the final blow via sneak attack.
Also, is there really a counter to the wires?

Also, is there really a counter to the wires?
I don't think so. The only way that Flashy Flash was able to escape them was by cutting through the floor to a more open area, but he wasn't ever shown actually countering them. Given his skill, it's possible he could've found a way to counter the wires, but I'm not sure how, and if Gale Wind takes Hellfire Flame by surprise with the wires, then he's done for.

Back