• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also, we have many relativistic to Sol calcs/scaling, we've just decided not to use them because of "consistency". This would add the consistency we need to get some upgrades.
How “many”? All I recall is G4’s lasers and Awakened Cockroach’s boasting, both of which were considered invalid.

Also we can’t use this feat as a supporting feat until someone proves characters scale to it

How “many”? All I recall is G4’s lasers and Awakened Cockroach’s boasting, both of which were considered invalid.
There's an FTL Atomic Samurai calc, the Sol statements from AC, Orochi overcoming his precog, and Tatsumaki, AS, and Genos being able to react to a stronger Pskyo-Orochi.

Also, FF says that the 0.15C Ninjas Gale and Hellfire would be difficult (but not impossible) for the other S class to take down. It is pretty much impossible for a MHS+ character to beat a character hundreds of times faster than them like that.

Edit: They're only considered invalid because there was not enough evidence to prevent them from being outliers.

Because he never has. He would upscale from demons, the same way Garou did after one-shotting Royal Ripper.
In the case of Saitama it's different. He wasn't focused on the monster at all and made no effort. He was just in a rush.
His only objective was to reach the toilets of a nearby store. (Chapter here by the way)
p_14.jpg

p_15.jpg

p_16.jpg

p_17.jpg

p_18.jpg

p_19.jpg

p_20.jpg

p_21.jpg

In the case of Saitama it's different. He wasn't focused on the monster at all and made no effort. He was just in a rush.
His only objective was to reach the toilets of a nearby store. (Chapter here by the way)
Casual Darkshine performed a similar feat with no effort, Genos also performed a similar feat, if not a more impressive feat. The Cicada monster was just an average demon level threat to our knowledge, while G4 was stated by Genos to be "at least Demon", meaning that G4 was on the higher end of the Demon spectrum, and G5 was even stronger than that.

There's an FTL Atomic Samurai calc, the Sol statements from AC, Orochi overcoming his precog, and Tatsumaki, AS, and Genos being able to react to a stronger Pskyo-Orochi.
So just Genos and Atomic Samurai’s laser feats and scaling people to Awakened Cockroach’s statement.
Also, FF says that the 0.15C Ninjas Gale and Hellfire would be difficult (but not impossible) for the other S class to take down. It is pretty much impossible for a MHS+ character to beat a character hundreds of times faster than them like that.
It definitely is possible. Tatsumaki’s destructive capability and AoE attacks and Metal Bat’s Tier 6/FTL Stat-amping could feasibly defeat the Ninja duo.

Regardless, this statement isn’t concrete enough for scaling.
Edit: They're only considered invalid because there was not enough evidence to prevent them from being outliers.
That definitely wasn’t the only reason. G4/G5 don’t fulfill our criteria for lasers to be considered lightspeed and Awakened Cockroach’s statement is dismissed as aimdodging/Precognition that doesn’t reflect his reaction speed.

Casual Darkshine performed a similar feat with no effort, Genos also performed a similar feat, if not a more impressive feat. The Cicada monster was just an average demon level threat to our knowledge, while G4 was stated by Genos to be "at least Demon", meaning that G4 was on the higher end of the Demon spectrum, and G5 was even stronger than that.
I'm talking about Garou oneshoting Royal ripper

Can anyone tell me why Platinum Sperm has Attack Reflection with Platinum Rings listed even though that move just deflects attacks instead of turning an opponent's attacks against them?
I'm still waiting for an answer for this question.

So just Genos and Atomic Samurai’s laser feats and scaling people to Awakened Cockroach’s statement.
Those are some pretty solid feats. And that list isn't including the new Saitama calc.
It definitely is possible. Tatsumaki’s destructive capability and AoE attacks and Metal Bat’s Tier 6/FTL Stat-amping could feasibly defeat the Ninja duo.

Regardless, this statement isn’t concrete enough for scaling.
Metal Bat would get decapitated instantly, same with Tatsumaki. He said that they would have a tough time, not that 90% of them would be instantly evicerated.
Modern day humans have managed to make light bend. It's an outdated criteria, especially seeing as the enemy launching them is a machine.
Cockroach’s statement is dismissed as aimdodging/Precognition that doesn’t reflect his reaction speed.
Yeah, Cockroach can aimdodge lightspeed attacks, so for Orochi to hit him with horn attack moving in a straight line, Orochi would have to be moving at FTL speeds.

p_14.jpg

p_15.jpg

p_16.jpg

p_17.jpg

p_18.jpg

p_19.jpg

p_20.jpg

p_21.jpg
If that demon reacted to Saitama then it could provide a scaling chain.

Modern day humans have managed to make light bend. It's an outdated criteria, especially seeing as the enemy launching them is a machine.
Are we talking about using certain pieces of equipment or media for light propagation along the trajectory of a light beam to make it bend or are we talking about changing the nature of the light beam itself, so that it bends towards a desired direction on its own?

Are we talking about using certain pieces of equipment or media for light propagation along the trajectory of a light beam to make it bend or are we talking about changing the nature of the light beam itself, so that it bends towards a desired direction?
We have caused the bright beam of light that we see to curve up to like 60 degrees, but it's possible to have a larger angle bend. It drops off in power like 60% or something, and on a physics level the light isn't bending, but internal refraction is being used to create the bending effect.

We have caused the bright beam of light that we see to curve up to like 60 degrees, but it's possible to have a larger angle bend. It drops off in power like 60% or something, and on a physics level the light isn't bending, but internal refraction is being used to create the bending effect.
We have managed to make a light beam bend purely using a mechanism at the origin of the light beam without anything else along the path of said light beam?

In Power or "Velocity"?

I'll ask because I know that refraction index can cause light to bend, slow down and lose lots of velocity.

And that's a "bright beam of light" doesn't hold any power. But It does hold momentum. Light in itself doesn't produce nor carry energy, but the laser does. (Hence why their velocity is lower)

Light in a vacuum : 299 792 458 m / s (1 c)
Light in Earth's atmosphere : 299 702 547 m / s (99.97% c)
Light in water : 225 317 952 m / s (75.15% c)
Laser (man-made in a vacuum) : 299 790 000 m / s (99.99918% c)

This video explains simply and quickly :

My main issue with scaling Dragon's to Saitama has nothing to do with his Cicada feat, it's that there is no reason to assume they're as fast or faster than Saitama even if they have a similar or higher degree of power.

This isn't Dragon Ball, where power and speed scale linearly to each other. OPM characters can have extremely varying levels of power and speed. Sonic was blitzing DSK, but without equipment, he can't visibly damage him at all. A Dragon isn't faster than a Demon by default just because of their threat levels. A Monster being stronger than balding Saitama doesn't mean they're faster, and even then, nothing proves Saitama is weaker than any Dragon's. He has literally no in-universe scaling to those Dragon's at all. Saying they're overall stronger in versus debates and such because they have better feats is fine, but that doesn't mean we can actually up-scale them from Saitama in any way. Trying to up-scale characters from other characters, who they don't have any actual scaling to throughout the whole franchise (essentially just basing it on their personal feats), is a little ridiculous, to be honest.

As much as I'd love to scale someone to this feat Saitama performed, it's not possible. The only one who scales to it is Saitama himself. Maybe through some convoluted argument I could make a case for Boros or Garou scaling to it, but it'd never make it through I imagine, and they don't need it anyways. It's just good that we have confirmation for balding Saitama being relativistic in speed, but having trouble performing the feat, which can actually be used as another argument against the people that say he's "unbeatable" or outright "omnipotent".

The fact that Saitama one shot a demon doesn't show his actual power, who knows, he may be able to one shot dragons at that point and we have reasons to believe that (Audiobook). Two characters can be massively different from another in terms of power and one shot the same target. For example Flashy Flash and Tatsumaki can one shot Gouketsu, that doesn't make them comparable

We should keep later-training Saitama feats only to himself unless some explicit scaling, if we don't know his exact level why would we scale to half the cast and put our stats on doubt ? That seems desperation more than accuracy

Also fully agree with RinneItachi

In Power or "Velocity"?

I'll ask because I know that refraction index can cause light to bend, slow down and lose lots of velocity.

And that's a "bright beam of light" doesn't hold any power. But It does hold momentum. Light in itself doesn't produce nor carry energy, but the laser does. (Hence why their velocity is lower)

Light in a vacuum : 299 792 458 m / s (1 c)
Light in Earth's atmosphere : 299 702 547 m / s (99.97% c)
Light in water : 225 317 952 m / s (75.15% c)
Laser (man-made in a vacuum) : 299 790 000 m / s (99.99918% c)

This video explains simply and quickly :

I've asked about these, but ByAsura said it's a different kind of light.

The past several chapters were written by Murata, not ONE
Unless I'm missing something, no, they weren't.

Murata makes suggestions, and adds his own details in illustrations (one of the parts of being an illustrator), but the only chapters he himself actually has a big influence on story-wise are the redraws. ONE is and always has been the writer for the main and continuing OPM story.

I've asked about these, but ByAsura said it's a different kind of light.
No. Somebody else said that, and I showed even that didn't work.
Light can appear to bend, but it doesn't actually bend, it diffracts. It's an optical illusion that gives this appearance. G4's lasers do bend physically bend because they're shown tracking Genos. Not only that, but it's to a far greater degree than what's possible in real life.

Also, where's a medium for G4 to even bend light? Is he using unstated gravitational lensing that also creates non-continuous beams?

Last edited:
Light can appear to bend, but it doesn't actually bend, it diffracts.
It is hypothetically still capable of burning holes in things, the paper says as much. It just loses some of it's energy.
G4's lasers do bend physically bend because they're shown tracking Genos. Not only that, but it's to a far greater degree than what's possible in real life.
The study said they could technically get it to go 360 degrees. Your point?
Also, where's a medium for G4 to even bend light? Is he using unstated gravitational lensing that also creates non-continuous beams?
He doesn't need a medium for what I'm talking about, but if you want one, Genos explicitly talks about creating a large amount of steam to mess with the laser.

It is hypothetically still capable of burning holes in things, the paper says as much. It just loses some of it's energy.
Not what I said. What I was saying is that the behaviour of G4's beams can't be explained away by diffraction.
The study said they could technically get it to go 360 degrees. Your point?
What study? You need to cite your sources so I can get some context. Also, even if that were 'technically' possible, light-waves themselves will fall short of 90 degrees because they can't reverse back on themselves, though it can appear greater due to geometry (I believe slit experiments are a good example of this).
He doesn't need a medium for what I'm talking about, but if you want one, Genos explicitly talks about creating a large amount of steam to mess with the laser.
Yes he does. That's literally how the effect you're talking about works. His lasers bend to impossible angles without steam involved, and even curve while far away from G4.

Last edited:
Not what I said. What I was saying is that the behaviour of G4's beams can't be explained away by diffraction.
Here's the study and here's a summary of it. It seems the light has only managed to effectively be bent at 60 degrees. At that point though, I don't really remember his lasers being inconsistent with the paper.
That's literally how the effect you're talking about works.
Nope. We are not talking about the same thing at all.
The phenomenon I'm speaking of can bend away from the original source.

Here's the study and here's a summary of it. It seems the light has only managed to effectively be bent at 60 degrees.
It's good because I've already addressed this in the past (not to say I actually agree with the wiki's light rules completely). Airy beams don't work like that, they're not one singular beam like each of G4's bending beams, they propagate outwards and don't behave like the optical effect suggests. I've also heard the diffraction effect doesn't even last very long and doesn't look like that, but I could be wrong.
At that point though, I don't really remember his lasers being inconsistent with the paper.
They consistently surpass both 60 and 90 degrees and don't use thousands of pin-point lenses.
Nope. We are not talking about the same thing at all. The phenomenon I'm speaking of can bend away from the original source.
This one is somewhat fair, but it still doesn't occur in the way you're describing.

Last edited:
It look Like this or this ? It was like he was able to manipulate certain particles of a laser to bend. even in air
It doesn't look like either of those, and that's just laser reflection. It's not homing lasers that outright curve towards targets at far larger angles.

Again, this is stuff that relies on very, very specific parameters to work.
I don't mean that,It was like Airy beam not a normal laser. laser beam traveling through the air can bend slightly if certain components are asymmetrical. I mean He can even control how asymmetrical of laser.
Airy beams aren't even consistent with what G4 uses.

Also, IIRC, they don't really diffract normally. G4's beams are shown to diffract.
No. Somebody else said that, and I showed even that didn't work.

Back