• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It'd be the same as my reaction... how is the same character who got his arm stuck underneath rubble and cut up by demon-level wire annihilating above dragon beings with planetary potential?
rubble is cause regular anime/manga shit that shows up all the time

the wire you can easily argue as him holding back, cause holding back usually also means your dura is lowered too, because yes

and also cause super sharp wire has the benefits of cutting damage, which is always op

what are you referring to?
Gale Wind cutting Flashy Flash's skin with his wires, while still in his human form. This is a demon-level monster doing damage to Flashy Flash, no matter how superficial. Details like that unfortunately make Flashy's feats quite inconsistent, but the alternate where scaling comes first and spectacle last means Flashy would have slapped them both to death before they could do anything. That would mean missing quite the fight

Gale Wind cutting Flashy Flash's skin with his wires, while still in his human form. This is a demon-level monster doing damage to Flashy Flash, no matter how superficial. Details like that unfortunately make Flashy's feats quite inconsistent, but the alternate where scaling comes first and spectacle last means Flashy would have slapped them both to death before they could do anything. That would mean missing quite the fight
holding back gg

Everyone got hyped by the fight,they forget there is still Metalbad who can reach infinite lvl according to Databook,also ONE once said that if Metalbat was around(in webcomic) the outcome would be different.

Metal bat vs Garou second round, let's go !!!

The rate he's going at right now really concerns me. He's on fire, don't get me wrong, but he can't be that superhuman.
to be fair, don't a lot of manga get updated weekly with little to no breaks? It's not the most crazy thing if you asked me, I think breaks are needed sometimes, but, when you consider this is Murata's full-time job, something he is passionate about, and that he makes thousands upon thousands of dollars for doing it, it doesn't seem super extreme to me.

Though yeah, I do hope he isn't overworking or hurting himself in anyway by consistently drawing and putting out fire these last few chapters.

to be fair, don't a lot of manga get updated weekly with little to no breaks? It's not the most crazy thing if you asked me, I think breaks are needed sometimes, but, when you consider this is Murata's full-time job, something he is passionate about, and that he makes thousands upon thousands of dollars for doing it, it doesn't seem super extreme to me.

Though yeah, I do hope he isn't overworking or hurting himself in anyway by consistently drawing and putting out fire these last few chapters.
i mean every weekly updated manga barely reaches 20 pages if even and has bare minimum detail. While murata releases 35-40 page chapters on average and is arguably the best mangaka artist that is currently active with the detail in his work. But yeah, the Asian work industry is terrible. What really shocks me is those random cultivation manhwas that average a chapter a day and have 1000+ chapters in a few years if even.

I can't see the source, so I just have to ask something.

Is the speed in the article supposed to be limestone cracking speed, or the longitudinal wave velocity of sound in limestone created by drilling?

I ask because I've found values like 3,200 and 6,000 m/s.

Just as I thought. Those are P-Wave velocities. That's not the speed that limestone cracks at, it's the speed of sound in limestone. It's like arguing that diamond cracks at mach 35 because the speed of sound travels at mach 35 in diamond.

Neither. Because neither is cracking speed, they're the speed of sound and other pressure waves created by drilling in limestone.

He used superhuman reactions for a regular human ( albeit a jet pilot ) doubt it gets accepted
Normal humans in opm are already superhumans(kid saitama) and by now we already know that ppl in opm who just train become superhumans (a lot of heroes, tank toppers,dk fans...etc) so a very highly trained pilot being a superhuman to a degree wouldnt be suprising really

Also the calc didn't use the canon width of the cave, but the old out of date fan calc version.
The canon width of the cave should not be used. It's ridiculous, Brave Giant travelled at least 27 floors by my count before it reached the cavern, and in the very same panel where Brave Giant says that, I count 23 floors between Brave Giant and the water's surface. Are those floors each really about 2 meters on average??

Are those floors each really about 2 meters on average??
I dont see why they couldn't be in some cases. The entire underground base heavily varies in room sizes. It also was a rewrite ONE more or less forced Murata to do since that was like the 4th version of that encounter. If he didn't want the dialogue in there he wouldn't have included it.

The canon width of the cave should not be used. It's ridiculous, Brave Giant travelled at least 27 floors by my count before it reached the cavern, and in the very same panel where Brave Giant says that, I count 23 floors between Brave Giant and the water's surface. Are those floors each really about 2 meters on average??
Was gonna make that point, OPM canon sizes are quite wack.

If we use the Brave Giant positioning, it's about 3.5 metres per larger storey if we go half-way through the ceiling and half-way through the floor. The actual spaces in between is something like 2.2-2.6 metres, while the smaller ones are around 1 metre.

Last edited:
If we use the Brave Giant positioning, it's about 3.5 metres per larger storey if we go half-way through the ceiling and half-way through the floor. The actual spaces in between is something like 2.2-2.6 metres, while the smaller ones are around 1 metre.
Even so, that's very small. The stories in my house are 3 meters from floor to ceiling, and they would struggle to fit the likes of Bug God. 3.5 meters might fit the larger members of the Monster Association, but there's no way Brave Giant could fit in a space of that size, or Overgrown Rover, Great Food Tub, G-5, etc. Those guys are all 5-10 meters tall, so I would think the larger floors would be something like 10 meters to fit larger members and the smaller ones more like 3 meters, enough to comfortably fit creatures about as large as humans.

Just as I thought. Those are P-Wave velocities. That's not the speed that limestone cracks at, it's the speed of sound in limestone. It's like arguing that diamond cracks at mach 35 because the speed of sound travels at mach 35 in diamond.
But there is the second, where is the shear.

I agree, just mentioning the size in the panel you gave.
Fair enough. I just wish ONE (or Murata or whoever is making these numbers) would stay away from math. About half the time the canon sizes don't line up well with the manga appearances at all. Or even better, they can hire me to pixel scale every character in every single panel they appear in and I will make the canon sizes for them, hehe

I just wish ONE (or Murata or whoever is making these numbers) would stay away from math
It's probably Murata's fault. ONE is the one who does the majority of the dialogue and plotting while Murata does art and a decent chunk of thr character designs. Murata goes for big flashy stuff which doesn't fit with ONE'S ideas.

But ONE is the main guy so if there's an art vs dialogue inconsistency we should probably take the dialogue over the visuals.

Back