• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
IMG_1852.jpg

Fair enough. I just wish ONE (or Murata or whoever is making these numbers) would stay away from math. About half the time the canon sizes don't line up well with the manga appearances at all. Or even better, they can hire me to pixel scale every character in every single panel they appear in and I will make the canon sizes for them, hehe
Do it

How are you proposing the calc should be altered?
I have an interesting idea. What if instead of counting the number of stones on the GENERAL background (2711), we just find the average number of stones in 100 cubic meters of space? We will take the mass of the largest stones and add to the mass of the lightest and tallest stones and so find the average mass, and then multiply their number in 100 cubic meters of space by the volume of space in which they are located?

Here and here we see their number in space. It's just that 2711 is too little. At an altitude of 100 or a little more meters in a radius of hundreds of meters, there ALREADY more than 100 stones, and we have a huge scale. 2711 is too unrealistic. Otherwise, it would mean that one stone is in every 700 meters of cubic space (According to rough calculations)

I have an interesting idea. What if instead of counting the number of stones on the GENERAL background (2711), we just find the average number of stones in 100 cubic meters of space? We will take the mass of the largest stones and add to the mass of the lightest and tallest stones and so find the average mass, and then multiply their number in 100 cubic meters of space by the volume of space in which they are located?

Here and here we see their number in space. It's just that 2711 is too little. At an altitude of 100 or a little more meters in a radius of hundreds of meters, there ALREADY more than 100 stones, and we have a huge scale. 2711 is too unrealistic. Otherwise, it would mean that one stone is in every 700 meters of cubic space (According to rough calculations)
Yeah, we could do that but I don't know how that'll affect the calc. I say you can use the page right after the stomp as it is easier to see and count the stones that were sent flying. From that we can find rocks of three diff. sizes: Large, Medium and Small and then after finding the mass of one such rock, we can multiply it by the number of rocks in each category.

Yeah, we could do that but I don't know how that'll affect the calc. I say you can use the page right after the stomp as it is easier to see and count the stones that were sent flying. From that we can find rocks of three diff. sizes: Large, Medium and Small and then after finding the mass of one such rock, we can multiply it by the number of rocks in each category.
The distance they were launched remains the same though.

Not all stones on that page are at the same depth as their starting point, this is not very reliable.

The timeframes being suggested are all ridiculous considering Saitama and Genos had an actual conversation while the trails were being formed. The static panels are not meant to indicate that the geometric structure formed instantly while people observed it, rather it is to serve as an extrapolation of their continuous movement over a period of time.

The timeframes being suggested are all ridiculous considering Saitama and Genos had an actual conversation while the trails were being formed. The static panels are not meant to indicate that the geometric structure formed instantly while people observed it, rather it is to serve as an extrapolation of their continuous movement over a period of time.
And in every single anime a character is talking during there fight. That would make every single calc peak human level. Unless that character can say 1000 words in a nanosecond.

And in every single anime a character is talking during there fight. That would make every single calc peak human level. Unless that character can say 1000 words in a nanosecond.
Context is important. Some situations being applicable for "Talking is a free action" does not mean all scenes of talking are irrelevant by default.

The art is not literal either way. If it were, it would also mean that Garou, Flashy Flash and Platinum Sperm were all fighting in a perfectly-flat 2D plane, whereas in actuality the geometric structure extended in all directions forming a complex three-dimensional shape, which is not depicted in the panels due to the difficulty in showing that.

This means that every attempt at calcing the feat so far is both high-balling it with the exaggerated timeframe but also lowballing because the true distance crossed is impossible to determine.

The art is not literal either way. If it were, it would also mean that Garou, Flashy Flash and Platinum Sperm were all fighting in a perfectly-flat 2D plane, whereas in actuality the geometric structure extended in all directions forming a complex three-dimensional shape, which is not depicted in the panels due to the difficulty in showing that.

This means that every attempt at calcing the feat so far is both high-balling it with the exaggerated timeframe but also lowballing because the true distance crossed is impossible to determine.
I believe the timeframe isn't exaggerated as the event itself did happen in an instant as that is what the art seems to portray. For instance, after Garou's stomp, the very next page, there are multiple streams (almost as much as the total number ) already.

imma be salty if saitama loses, not for the reason of him getting beat by popeye but by making him fight this early when he doesn't have a solid rating of his feats capacity.

Back